It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Youtuber found guilty of hate crime for teaching dog nazi salute

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Turing who also saved countless lives and ended the war early , was convicted of the same !

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

This is getting ridiculous, its not as if the dog is gonna go buy gun and some gas. I thought it was pretty funny seeing the dog alert when he heard the word 'jew',

If th dog was alerted to 'gas the english', would it have been the same?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Many comedians agree that everything is fair game. Once we start making rules for comedy and what is off limits, then that opens the gates for a snowball effect. Then anything offensive to any group of people will be off limits.

It is a sad day for free speech,wether one thinks this was a bad joke or not.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
so what does this mean for the arts in the UK ?

are we now restricted to what we can and cant say ?

absolute pish state of affairs

not really art if it is censored is it?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Fools

I really don't get your point. The guy broke the law; he's going to jail.
Stupid goes to jail every day!

Yeah. That stupid Nelson Mandela.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Turing who also saved countless lives and ended the war early , was convicted of the same !

That's right. The point is, law can be unjust. If people continue to argue that an act is wrong because it is against the law instead of arguing an act is against the law because it is wrong, we will never be able to decide which laws are just and unjust, and will be dictated by the whims of legislators and rulers.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Fools

I really don't get your point. The guy broke the law; he's going to jail.
Stupid goes to jail every day!

He probably won’t go to jail they will probably give him a suspended sentence so all he will have will be a criminal record and even that will only be on record for 5 years

Makes no odds, he should ever have been charged. As it is his life is ruined because he wanted to wind up his girlfriend.
You may see the sense in that, but it says more about you than you might know.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

We don’t like Nazi stuff in Britain
a reply to: Hazardous1408

So we are going to do Nazi stuff to make it stop...solid logic there

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Lurker1

It's good that you don't see it. If you did, that would mean there's a problem.

This was, at worst, humour of rather questionable quality. At best, it was low-brow mockery. No matter which, it certainly wasn't a jailable/fineable offense.

So you're good.

Jesus, grow up. Adults recognize juvenile behavior and ignore it.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

It wasn't the dog salute, you baffoon...I can't believe you made such a dramatic click-bait title.

It was probably the other stuff like "Gas the ..."

I don't like the fact that saying that can put you in jail, but the dog giving the salute isn't why he is in jail. You left the most obvious reason why he went to jail out of your title for stars and flags, and attention of course.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JosephKnecht

I don't like the fact that saying that can put you in jail, but the dog giving the salute isn't why he is in jail. .

And yet it is no less ludicrous.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't like the fact that saying that can put you in jail, but the dog giving the salute isn't why he is in jail. .

And yet it is no less ludicrous.

It shouldn't have reached the courts imo.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
sucks to live in a totalitarian hellhole

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
.....ohhh you know what.

I really can't be bothered with this, arguing with a bunch of right wingers about why its wrong for a guy to publish a video of him saying "gas the jews" is like trying to argue with a evangelical christian that God is a fairy tale.

I really do not care if you disagree with my opinion what I take issue with is the arrogance of assuming your opinions are worth more just by the virtue of you having them.

edit on 21-3-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Freedom of speech does not allow you to cause fear in others. It doesn't allow you to supress others and it doesn't allow you to cause people to have to worry about some nut case causing people to attack them.

There is no excuse for this behavior not even in jest. People can scream that you have the right to day what you like but your right ends when it causes harm to others.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

.....ohhh you know what.

I really can't be bothered with this, arguing with a bunch of right wingers about why its wrong for a guy to publish a video of him saying "gas the jews" is like trying to argue with a evangelical christian that God is a fairy tale.

I really do not care if you disagree with my opinion what I take issue with is the arrogance of assuming your opinions are worth more just by the virtue of you having them.

why not argue with a muslim that their god is a fairy tale? because you would get arrested in the uk?

coward.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

It wasn't the dog salute, you baffoon...I can't believe you made such a dramatic click-bait title.

It was probably the other stuff like "Gas the ..."

I don't like the fact that saying that can put you in jail, but the dog giving the salute isn't why he is in jail. You left the most obvious reason why he went to jail out of your title for stars and flags, and attention of course.

Or because it was a shortened version of the title of the article I linked, so that it could fit in the title.

I dont need stars, flags or attention.

In fact, I find your post and name calling to be grossly offensive, so off to jail with you.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

No laughing or wrong think in the UK!

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

.....ohhh you know what.

The right-wing have been censoring illegal opinions for millennia, and here you are arguing for the same thing.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

.....ohhh you know what.

People are probably uptight about it because it's an obvious joke. Not a good one but I'm an adult so I can switch to another YouTube video without him going to jail. If you wanna live in that kind of world expect pushback from rational people left or right wing

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join