It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Youtuber found guilty of hate crime for teaching dog nazi salute

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
So are we rounding up black comedians that make jokes about slaves and jews ? are we rounding up jewish comedians who make jokes about jews ?

then basically every black comedian and jewish comedian is off to the re-education camps !

Im sure every black comedian I have seen has made a joke about slavery , also every jewish comedian ive seen has a nazi joke !

mel brooks should be in for life !

I have figured out why the Government are doing this in the UK though , so that eventually they cant be questioned about their involvement in #ing our children !
edit on 21-3-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
It wasn't a nazi salute!

It was a high 5 if that.

It was a guy with a german accent and a vid with a pug.

Idiots.

But Trump.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I have been thinking about this a little bit more (whilst doing the dishes)

So let imagine for a second that this was a black guy saying "shoot the white man" or lets imagine it was a Muslim joking about 9/11 not killing enough people and training his dog to fly planes into buildings or any number of other possible videos that could be created. I would expect that type of content to be policed and those individuals punished in someway.

The laws that cover this are the same ones that cover other laws, like the one that stops you standing out side a mosque shouting abuse. Youtube is just another medium for people to use and its open to abuse. I do get that its very much a case of well you chose to watch it however I still do not think that excuses it and the law has to be applied consistently. I do think this is actually really harsh, I don't think this guy ever meant to actually cause so much offence or act in a criminal manner however the law must be applied consistently and if it can be proven that a offence has been committed a guilty verdict is therefore the only one that can be applied.

The difficulty I think is arguing that its comedy, comedy is very much a subjective thing, I laugh my ass of at Franky Boyle and Rickey Gervais, I am a big fan but yet I found this video pretty horrible. Imagine how awful it would feel if you saw this and your loved ones had been gassed by nazi's, its not nice, I don't find this funny in the slightest. Although I did watch one of his other videos making fun of this which was hysterical(also breaks ATS T&Cs so I won't post it). Really though even if you are joking, its pretty darn stupid to create a video and publish it where you shout "gas the jews" over and over again while teaching a dog to salute to nazi's. Its very difficult to say thats not anti-semitic even if you just say "ahhh but I was only joking"..... saying "I was only joking" is not really the best defence even when its true.

I think if we are applying the law then consistently then yeah, he is guilty, the punishment however the judge will have some discretion over and I would hope that the punishment fits the "crime" and he just gets a very lenient suspend sentence.

Laws are not perfect and at times things like this can happen but its not common, I guess I have softened my previous thoughts on this a little it seems harsh, personally I think there are better ways to manage cases like this. They could have just asked him to apologies, explain, perhaps take down or alter the video in someway, I would think there are a lot of steps that could have been taken before having him found guilty of a crime. Like I said though, the law is the law and he broke it so a guilty verdict is all that is possible.

I personally have lived in Scotland most of my life, never once have I ever felt my freedom of speech in anyway restricted and I have got into some heated public debates and protested against wars but never really felt my freedom was being infringed upon. Then again am not the kind of guy who would ever say something like "gas the jews" so perhaps if I did have more right wing views I might feel it differently.
edit on 21-3-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Lurker1

It's good that you don't see it. If you did, that would mean there's a problem.

This was, at worst, humour of rather questionable quality. At best, it was low-brow mockery. No matter which, it certainly wasn't a jailable/fineable offense.

So you're good.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
What's the dog being charged with?I hope they go easy on him!

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

this is where I have to disagree,

in order to convict in a court of law you need to show , injury , loss or harm to a person or their rights or property "corpus delicti"
and in Scotland there also needs to be corroborating evidence

how can being offensive cause harm , no physical injury , no loss , no harm

no person was physically harmed, no rights were infringed upon , property was not damaged

the body of the crime exists as the act has taken place, but there is no injury loss or harm !

unless we are counting someones pride or ego being bruised as injury loss or harm !

, in fact its a crime against the people of the UK that this piece of # act was passed by our careless MP's

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

Buddha Goebbels Meechan - minister of propaganda for the 4th reich

" A lie told once remains a lie but a lie told a thousand times becomes the woof"

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

hahaha they are sending him to the USA and giving him a new identity and making him head of an alphabet agency !

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Oh yeh # I forgot we hate nazi's so much in the west , we stole all the scientists and gave them new identities ignored all their war crimes and allowed them to influence our western policies which are still in effect to this day!

the 3rd reich never died , it just changed its play book !

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I can't tell who's dumber, the dude or the dog. Besides George Lucas did it better in Raiders:

Then again monkeys are smarter.

The thing about humour. Yes it's subjective BUT the world has lost it's sense of humour. I'm watching my boxed set of All in the Family and thinking, "Someone would be castrated if they tried that today". People WANT to be outraged.

Then again countries should do as they wish. Try that in Germany and see what happens.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Nazi dog salutes are more important to the police than organized pedophile rape gangs.
Good luck making tough cop shows out of that material.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

yeah this is bogus-thank god I live in a country where I can teach a dog to shake my hand when I recite the Koran.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So let imagine for a second that this was a black guy saying "shoot the white man" or lets imagine it was a Muslim joking about 9/11 not killing enough people and training his dog to fly planes into buildings or any number of other possible videos that could be created. I would expect that type of content to be policed and those individuals punished in someway.

There are hundreds if noit thousands of examples of people joking about killing white people, some very funny.

And not one arrested.

But I assume you will be leading the charge to arrest NOFX, Howard stern and Eddie Murphy, and feel; deep sympathies for all of the people affected by their horrible vulgar mocking of white people that have died.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

ahhah thats why they brought in this act , so we cant question the pedo gangs later on as its "hate speech"

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

There are jokes/joking videos about 9/11.

And this guy didn't train his dog to recognize and treat Jews or black people differently.

At the end of the day, it's a joke. It's not meant to be taken seriously.

If the guy trained his dog to harass people and left it outside, different story.

But it's a joke.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

There's a lot of 'I' in your post. That's the problem. Why should anyone give a damn what you find offensive? That is your cross to bear.

Laws on hate speech are way too broad. There should be a specific definition if you can land up in jail for a youtube joke.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
For me the real problem is that the police will go after these types of crime, yet when there is video evidence of other crimes such as theft of high value belongings, they'll do sweet F.A., especially when it involves "special groups". Like this woman who had an £8000 caravan stolen. She knows where it has gone, but because "travellers" stole it, nothing is done:

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I have been thinking about this a little bit more (whilst doing the dishes)

I would not. Unless they are making a credible threat, someone else's actions are not their responsibility.

FWIW, I can post up video of black people in leadership positions calling for black people to kill white people. I just ignore it, if I even am exposed to it.

The laws that cover this are the same ones that cover other laws, like the one that stops you standing out side a mosque shouting abuse. Youtube is just another medium for people to use and its open to abuse. I do get that its very much a case of well you chose to watch it however I still do not think that excuses it and the law has to be applied consistently. I do think this is actually really harsh, I don't think this guy ever meant to actually cause so much offence or act in a criminal manner however the law must be applied consistently and if it can be proven that a offence has been committed a guilty verdict is therefore the only one that can be applied.

Your belief that this is harsh is an example of how well intentioned laws that restrict peoples freedoms can (and will) be misused.

Here we have an example of this law being misused, misapplied, and victimizing someone it was never intended to address. The road to hell truly is paved with good intentions, I suppose.

The difficulty I think is arguing that its comedy, comedy is very much a subjective thing, I laugh my ass of at Franky Boyle and Rickey Gervais, I am a big fan but yet I found this video pretty horrible. Imagine how awful it would feel if you saw this and your loved ones had been gassed by nazi's, its not nice, I don't find this funny in the slightest. Although I did watch one of his other videos making fun of this which was hysterical(also breaks ATS T&Cs so I won't post it). Really though even if you are joking, its pretty darn stupid to create a video and publish it where you shout "gas the jews" over and over again while teaching a dog to salute to nazi's. Its very difficult to say thats not anti-semitic even if you just say "ahhh but I was only joking"..... saying "I was only joking" is not really the best defence even when its true.

I think if we are applying the law then consistently then yeah, he is guilty, the punishment however the judge will have some discretion over and I would hope that the punishment fits the "crime" and he just gets a very lenient suspend sentence.

Laws are not perfect and at times things like this can happen but its not common, I guess I have softened my previous thoughts on this a little it seems harsh, personally I think there are better ways to manage cases like this. They could have just asked him to apologies, explain, perhaps take down or alter the video in someway, I would think there are a lot of steps that could have been taken before having him found guilty of a crime. Like I said though, the law is the law and he broke it so a guilty verdict is all that is possible.

I personally have lived in Scotland most of my life, never once have I ever felt my freedom of speech in anyway restricted and I have got into some heated public debates and protested against wars but never really felt my freedom was being infringed upon. Then again am not the kind of guy who would ever say something like "gas the jews" so perhaps if I did have more right wing views I might feel it differently.

Just wait. You've now seen how slippery the slope is. And to add in a little extra grease to make it more slippery...

...should Ricky Gervaise be arrested for Humanity? I've not laughed so hard at the word "bobo" in a long time. But i know folks were pretty offended.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Humanity was hilarious, but you are correct, some people found it offensive. So I guess he should be arrested and jailed. That is how ridiculous these selfish 'it's all about how I feel' people would actually shape the world if they could. They've already done enough to mess up the world and it's high time this nonsense was dialled back.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Your belief that this is harsh is an example of how well intentioned laws that restrict peoples freedoms can (and will) be misused.

Here we have an example of this law being misused, misapplied, and victimizing someone it was never intended to address. The road to hell truly is paved with good intentions, I suppose.

Yep.

Now look at the calls to censor offensive or fake news from social media.

Sound reasonable right.

Well just like this case, we will quickly see how this will be misused.

Same argument as no platforming people for speaking on campus.

Once we give governments the power to censor something so broad as any "offensive" material, its only a matter of time before they use that power to declare anything critical of them as "offensive" and censor it, while allowing anything that meets the same criteria that agrees with them.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join