It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Youtuber found guilty of hate crime for teaching dog nazi salute

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Freedom of speech does not allow you to cause fear in others. It doesn't allow you to supress others and it doesn't allow you to cause people to have to worry about some nut case causing people to attack them.

There is no excuse for this behavior not even in jest. People can scream that you have the right to day what you like but your right ends when it causes harm to others.

Your adamant claims that people are going to be attacked, hurt, or someone is going to fire up the gas chambers because someone said a joke is causing people to worry, not the one you're condemning to prison time.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

edit on 21-3-2018 by JDmOKI because: Dp

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
.....ohhh you know what.

I really can't be bothered with this, arguing with a bunch of right wingers about why its wrong for a guy to publish a video of him saying "gas the jews" is like trying to argue with a evangelical christian that God is a fairy tale.

I really do not care if you disagree with my opinion what I take issue with is the arrogance of assuming your opinions are worth more just by the virtue of you having them.

Funny, anyone who has a problem with this must be a "rightwinger" to you.

But let me get this straight.

You think people should be arreested for saying things you find offensive.

I dont think anyone should be arrested for saying something me or you find offensive.

And so because I disagree with you that people you find offensive should be arrested, I am arrogant and think my opinions are worth more?

I would argue that the person you thinks people that offend them should be arrested is the one who is arrogant, and danegrously so.

That would be you, in case you arent following.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Freedom of speech does not allow you to cause fear in others. It doesn't allow you to supress others and it doesn't allow you to cause people to have to worry about some nut case causing people to attack them.

There is no excuse for this behavior not even in jest. People can scream that you have the right to day what you like but your right ends when it causes harm to others.

OK, well based on this comment, I am afraid people will take this post and use it as an excuse to attack me if I tell jokes they feel are offensive.

So you should be arrested.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Meanwhile the real neo-Nazis laugh their a$$ off at the absolute chaos created by their stupid ideology. So much that a dog raising it's paw works these snowflakes up into a blizzard of virtue signaling and oppressing others. Not sure who I despise more these days.

Nazis or SJW's.

They are literally two sides of the same coin...
The only difference is numbers. I'd estimate for every actual Nazi there is 10,000 sjw's.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

im am far from right wing and i dont think genghis down syndrome should have been charged with a crime.

there should be nothing that is off limits.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Responding is kinda the idea of this site when you’ve been tagged/quoted, more of a courtesy than a need that was felt.

...cheering someone getting shot because they are pro-life.

If this is demonstrably not what happened, which word would you choose other than “falsehood”?

Or you would rather just have the last word.

If? It either is or isn't. Is it more of a falsehood then to say you cheered because of a vote then?

Oh please don't do the ''last word'' nonsense, we are grown ups here aren't we?

You're right, it isn't. Ignore the ''If''. And falsehood is a suitable term.

I guess you cold say that it was ''the vote'' in a sense...
I'll further explain but I don't want to bore you, so only if you care to truly hear the specifics (specifics which actually changed after the fact BTW, not to save face but I did retract my statement after more details had emerged)...

So before you condemn me for such, would you kindly answer one question I have?

Let's say that a majority vote for an Amendment to the 2nd went through, real gun grab style, would you still feel that firing shots for your values is as easy to dismiss as is happening to me here (based on an ancient and off topic thread btw but nevertheless)?

I hate to ask you to consider such an unlikely ''what if'' hypothetical, but I am honestly just trying to see if there is any way to elaborate to you, not to agree with, but to understand the (il)logic behind my stance?

Let me even bring this full circle to incorporate the actual topic, if I came into this thread with a completely different attitude and said ''any politician who introduces these Orwellian ways to our country should be removed in any way necassary, up to and including violent revolution'' would it have brought the same ire as what you and Grambler understandably find to be a disagreeable position I once confessed?

Where do we draw the line on when politicians become viable targets when perceived to be a danger to citizens freedom and wellbeing?

I guess my mistake in this thread was my complete apathy and coming at it from a position that Law and Order rules...
My honest thoughts are that it is quite ridiculous to lock people up for speech that isn't proven to result in injury...
I came at this as Devil's Advocate, that's my bad I guess, but saying ''tough luck he knew the consequences'' shouldn't automatically be perceived as ''I want to lock up people for talking''.

I mean, have I ever in my 4 years here given the impression that I believe such before?

Sincere apologies for the diatribe, Wardaddy.

Sorry again to trouble you with a hypothetical too, I understand if you do not wish to answer.
Peace to you and yours, fella.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I don't understand this stuff. Comedians around the world take the piss out of everyone. This is no different and he is not at all doing it with any malice..

There have been and still are major, real, destructive crimes happening all over our world. Not by those at the bottom, but by those at the top. These crimes are FAR more significant and important when compared to a Weegie having a joke with his GFs dog.

I mean seriously - look at what is happening in the world..! I feel for the poor dude.

It is ok to cry about things and ok to laugh too...

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

But let me get this straight. You think people should be arreested for saying things you find offensive

I find this new law offensive. Can we arrest those that wrote it please.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Sad thing is, I know many Brits who are beside themselves with anger over the current state of the UK.

To think, the country that gave us such great edgy dry humor is now going to be virtually devoid of it.

Pathetic.

As was pointed out in previous posts.....Monty Python would be a HUGE no go in the UK today. Every single one of them who are still alive should be leading the charge against this tripe.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: fluff007

That pic is awesome! Please put it in the funny pics thread

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982
Sad thing is, I know many Brits who are beside themselves with anger over the current state of the UK.

To think, the country that gave us such great edgy dry humor is now going to be virtually devoid of it.

Pathetic.

As was pointed out in previous posts.....Monty Python would be a HUGE no go in the UK today. Every single one of them who are still alive should be leading the charge against this tripe.

No havent you heard, if monty python is against this, they are right wing trolls. Just like ricky gervais.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
.....ohhh you know what.

I really can't be bothered with this, arguing with a bunch of right wingers about why its wrong for a guy to publish a video of him saying "gas the jews" is like trying to argue with a evangelical christian that God is a fairy tale.

I really do not care if you disagree with my opinion what I take issue with is the arrogance of assuming your opinions are worth more just by the virtue of you having them.

I am not sure about right-wingers, but it seems to be you that is applauding and cheerleading fascist tendencies in our institutions.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

...not because you are actually interested in UK affairs but because you think it will antagonise UK members...

I feel very confident in saying loudly that this doesn't apply to Grambler in the slightest.

He is the only (literally the only) Trump supporter who has made threads (plural) criticising him strongly.

Also, for as long as I've interacted with him, G-Man is as consistent as anyone else here with the added virtues of being reasonable, genuinely interested (for example UK issues), and as kind a Soul you could interact with online (his PMs to me have always been amazingly uplifting and polite).

I've probably disagreed with him on 99 of the 100 threads we've debated, and never once has he given me reason to feel in any way untoward about him. I honestly think he is the perfect model for ATS behaviour, not just that the Righties could learn from, but also Lefties, Centrists and the politically disassociated like myself.

So, while understandably frustration may have led you to included him in your targeting there, it just didn't seem right not to interject a little.

As for Tommy Robinson, well, it speaks wonders doesn't it...
To not distance yourself from such an odious Brit at a time like this, especially when he was only one of the millions of voices supporting Meechan, I just can't fathom the logic at all.

It's a shame to say too, because when with the EDL, even as a Muslim, I knew he made some valid points.

I tweeted to him that he should leave the EDL and work on how he addresses problems to truly be what I thought he wanted to be...
Sadly, once he did leave the EDL it didn't take long at all for him to fall back in with another crowd of reprobates.

It's crazy how things can work out.

Ce La Vie?
Or Que Sera Sera?
Whichever fits better.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I appreciate the kind words.

Yeah we have had heated exchanges, but one thing I can say about you is that you have shown humility, and admitted when you are wrong, which is very rare and one on the highest vortues a person can have as far as I am concerned.

It is something I am working on and trying to.

But agian, thanks

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Kek! I thought so too, gave me a good giggle..

I will try and find the thread..

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It's not just in the UK..here in Spain there's a rapper in jail for insulting the king in his lyrics...another arrested for photoshopping his his own face onto an image of the crucifixion...and a pair of puppeteers in the park arrested and jailed for doing a puppet show about ETA....

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Sorry if we've moved on as I am a couple of pages behind...

But if, as I was told earlier, that The Black Standard is now an ISIS symbol rather than Islamic due to being co-opted...

How do we reconcile that with the fact that Neo-Nazis Worldwide co-opted Voltaire's ''cannot criticise'' quote and still frequently utilise it as a crutch for their flawed argument that ''Jews can't be criticised without backlash so clearly they control the World''?

I'll emphasise that it is complete nonsense for certain, like all Nazi numbskullery is, but I would like to know where this thread currently stands on the ''co-opted things'' if I was lambasted for arguing against such a stance earlier, but now it's appears to be the opposite?

Hope you've been well, my Texan Gorilla brother...
As usual, upon returning from my recent distancing from ATS, you prove to be one of the few consistently sane voices left. lol You may not care for my following musing, but in recent times, everytime I check in after a while I always fear that the familiar stalwarts may have decided to just give up. So it's always nice to log in an see a good one's avatar that brings a tranquil feeling.

God's blessings to you and yours, BFFT.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

It's not just in the UK..here in Spain there's a rapper in jail for insulting the king in his lyrics...another arrested for photoshopping his his own face onto an image of the crucifixion...and a pair of puppeteers in the park arrested and jailed for doing a puppet show about ETA....

Yes, at this point, it's the entire Western tradition, with the US remaining as the last bastion of liberty. The irony is, the UK is the home of JS Mill, Milton, Orwell, and the Bill of Rights.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Maybe it's time we ban offended people, if you are offended over things other people do, you should be banned and maybe is locked in a safe space until you calm down and shake it off.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join