It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukrainian Pilot Accused By Russia Of Shooting Down MH17 Commits Suicide

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   

A Ukrainian military pilot blamed by Russia over the 2014 downing of Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 has killed himself, Ukrainian media report, quoting police.

Reports say Voloshyn shot himself at home in Mykolaiv, near the Black Sea.

Ukraine described him as a war hero.

He had flown 33 combat missions in a low-flying Su-25 ground attack jet against Russian-backed separatist rebels in eastern Ukraine, and had been granted a medal for bravery.

Recently the 29-year-old had been in charge of the Mykolaiv airport, after resigning from the air force.

MH17 crash: Ukraine pilot blamed by Russia 'kills himself'

I refrained from putting this in World War Three but I think this has a huge potential of unfolding into something ugly.

ETA: some older MH17 related ATS threads.

Air-to-air Fragmentation Missile Hit The Malaysian MH17
The Absurdness of Conspiracy Theories (The Truth About MH17, Why Do People Not Want To See It?)
MH17 : "A lot of indications that the BND theory stinks"
MH17 crash: Victims' families sue Putin and Russia
MH17 Ukraine disaster: Dutch report blames missile
U.S. Satellite Images Show Ukrainian Troops Shooting Down MH17
False Flag - Missing Malaysian MH370 Resurface Over Eastern Ukraine As Malaysian MH17 ?
What really happened to MH17
Interesting article on Ukraine shooting down MH17
Malaysia MH17 crash: 10 questions Russia wants Ukraine to answer
Russian radar data shows no missile attack on MH17 from rebel side, indicates Ukraine involvement
MH17-Ukrainian BUK ?
Dutch Investigators Give Results of MH17 Probe to Families
MH17: 'Russian missile parts' at Ukraine crash site
Flight MH17 Downed By 'High-Energy Objects
Der Speigel says Russia was not at fault for MH17
How We Know Russia Shot Down MH17
Wreckage in this pic Cannot Be From Flight MH-17
Evidence that MH17 was downed with a BUK.
Flightaware Changed the Flight History Data of MH17.

edit on 20-3-2018 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Why do you say it has potential to unfold into something ugly?

If the shooting down of flight MH17 didn’t do it, his death certainly won’t.

edit on 20/3/18 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Yeah....isn't that strange. The guy denied the allegations yet shoots himself in the head. Probably three times, in the back of the head...

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoTue, 20 Mar 2018 05:30:34 -0500am313020183 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

From the linked article:

Family members quoted by Ukrainian media said Voloshyn had been feeling depressed. They were in the flat when he shot himself on Sunday and his wife heard the shot.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Hmmm...okay. Guess I should read more.

I really have no interest in tracing sources to the quote or anything (I'm still pretty involved in a puppy/turtle thread) but if the whole family were in the flat and only his wife heard the shot, I gotta ask, how big is this flat? (or did somebody misquote/mistranslate)

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoTue, 20 Mar 2018 06:24:20 -0500am312420183 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Ukrainian separatists in Eastern Ukraine used a Russian supplied BUK anti-aircraft missile and messed up.

That IS the real story.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I feel bad for the guy and his family.

Who told him to shoot it down?

Will he still get his pension?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
There is another thing that is not reported in the west, about the Maidan murders and the real shooters.
Do you remember Nadja Savchenko, the butch that was caught as a fighter of a ukrainian-nationalists group in the Donbas region, which was in russian detention and after released, she became a ukraininan national hero?

Link

The bomb: She, a rightwinger, radical nationalist, an ukrainian national hero, said last thursday to ukrainian reporters that she saw with her own eyes, at february the 20th in 2014 on the Maidan, that opposition leader Sergej Pashinsky commanded a group of snipers into the Hotel Ukrainia. She is the last person that would spread "pro-russian" positions. So why should she lie now, destroying her ukrainian national hero status?

She said that the armed group of snipers arrived in a blue minibus, and that she knows these people.
And that some of them now are members of the ukrainian parliament! And that the ukrainian public prosecutor's office, the "GUP", is preventing the discovering of the true events at the Maidan, back in 2014.

She said the Juri Luzenko, ukrainian prosecutor general, not only knew about weapons at the Maidan, but that he even called for an armed coup d'état in public.

"Funny" thing is, hours after she gave that interview, the ukrainian national hero became suspect of an allegedly planned terror attack on the ukrainian parliament. From hero to zero, from national hero to public enemy in hours, why should she have lied? Guess she knew what would happen after the interview. And the ukrainian reaction says it all!

There is more to the story, the georgian perpetrators, now they are five, after more and more testimonies and eye witnesses talked, after an israelian documentary was shown in february:

But i have only the following german link and not the time to translate everything now:
Maidanmorde: Aussagen weisen erneut auf Täter aus den eigenen Reihen

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Ukrainian separatists in Eastern Ukraine used a Russian supplied BUK anti-aircraft missile and messed up.

That IS the real story.

But then it is just a coincidence that he flew a SU-25, right at the day , right in the region MH17 was brought down? And that eyewitnesses stated that Voloshyn was shocked, unsettled after landing and mumbling again and again: That was the wrong plane, that was the wrong plane".

If somebody turns people into murders, these people can´t live with the knowledge that they became murders on order, and maybe end their own life...

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

F'kn cool.

LQGBT everywhere, are creaming their collective panties.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Why would he shoot down any aircraft when the separatists didn't have any? Why would he shoot down an aircraft that was going West to East?

The only ones telling the story that it was a Ukrainian pilot are the Russians and they have provided nothing to back those claims up.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I thought it was brought down by a ground to air missile.

It was at 30k ft wasn't it?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Why would he shoot down any aircraft when the separatists didn't have any? Why would he shoot down an aircraft that was going West to East?

The only ones telling the story that it was a Ukrainian pilot are the Russians and they have provided nothing to back those claims up.

Maybe they play the same game the west plays, thinking of Salisbury.
Or did the west, especially the UK, provide anything back their claims?

I know, i know, whataboutism, but it fits that well here.

To your first question: On order. If you are a soldier and get an order, you don´t ask, you have to follow that order!

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

And they would send an Su-25, an aircraft not designed to operate at 30,000 ft, because...?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

It’s pretty well established that a SU-25 could never intercept a commercial jet at cruise altitude and speed.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Well lots of theories on this. Lots of this write up is in Russian but can be traslated in google or whatever. I am not sure what to believe but the "training exercises" at the time are a red flag. Also if it is true that Ukranian army took over flight control centers that day seems pretty suspect. Not sure how any of that info can be verified, interesting theories though.

www.jar2.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: tiredoflooking

In the US 20+ vets commit suicide every day. Did they also shoot down a commercial airliner? Or is it just that "war is hell?"

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Speaking of ATC...

It came out about a week or so ago that "Carlos," the Spanish air traffic controller working in Ukraine that said he saw another plane approach MH-17, admitted he was paid $48,000 by the Russians to make up that story.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

No idea.
I am guessing you don't know either what they did or didn't shoot.

As I said... no way of verifying, just interesting info and opinions.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

And yet you posted a meme accusing Voloshin of shooting down MH-17.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join