It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MH17: 'Russian missile parts' at Ukraine crash site

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Fragments of a suspected Russian missile system have been found at the Flight MH17 crash site in Ukraine, investigators in the Netherlands say.
They say the parts, possibly from a Buk surface-to-air system, are "of particular interest" and could help show who was behind the crash.
But they say they have not proved their "causal connection" with the crash.
MH17 crashed on land held by Russian-backed rebels in July 2014, killing all 298 on board.

There were 283 passengers, including 80 children, and 15 crew members on the Malaysian Airlines airliner.
About two-thirds of those who died were Dutch nationals, with dozens of Malaysians and Australians among the rest.
Ukraine and many Western countries have accused pro-Russian rebels of shooting down the plane, saying they could have used a Buk missile system supplied by Russia.
Russia and the rebels deny any responsibility and say the Ukrainian military was to blame.

MH17: 'Russian missile parts' at Ukraine crash site

Interesting claims coming out of the Netherlands and possibly the smoking gun that could prove the rebels in the Ukraine were responsible for the shooting down of MH17?
Or maybe just a coincidence that this piece of missile was collected amongst the wreckage?

Along with the confirmation that the wing part washed up on the shores of Reunion Island was in fact from flight MH370, maybe both mysteries are going to be solved soon?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

defiantly Ukraine played a part in this no doubt about that.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I was about to say "finally... progress"...

"We are going to need more investigation to really find out what exactly this is and if it is part of a possible system that took down MH17," he [Fred Westerbeke, a spokesman for the Dutch Prosecutor's Office ] added.

WTF... how long is this # going to take?
I thought the report was finished and we're just waiting for the OK to publish the results.
It's been more than a year now!

edit on 11-8-2015 by ColCurious because: eta: whose quote i quoted

extra DIV

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

smoking gun that could prove the rebels in the Ukraine were responsible

Both sides used the Buk missile system, this doesn't prove a thing about any side.

Along with the confirmation that the wing part washed up on the shores of Reunion Island was in fact from flight MH370

I doubt it although insurance pay-outs have begun for the victims families.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

Crash reports generally take 18 months to three years. They just released a report on an incident where two planes got too close to each other in 2013. That came out this morning.

The final report on this wasn't scheduled to be released until at least October.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: StickyBuddha

Which part? The Ukrainian military or separatists?

The fragment, they claim, is from a Buk surface to air missile and I know both sides have those.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This is no surprise, Ukranian have Russian missile and rebel stole some of them. No new information and nothing to incriminate a side.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Oups, I was writting the same thing
, you hit the button first
!
edit on 11-8-2015 by PersonneX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Yes, I know both sides have them, but were there any Ukranian Buk missile systems in the vicinity? They claim not, don't they?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColCurious

I was about to say "finally... progress"...

"We are going to need more investigation to really find out what exactly this is and if it is part of a possible system that took down MH17," he [Fred Westerbeke, a spokesman for the Dutch Prosecutor's Office ] added.

WTF... how long is this # going to take?
I thought the report was finished and we're just waiting for the OK to publish the results.
It's been more than a year now!

Because they want to get it right and cover all possible avenues of investigation.

I read a report about this investigation last month and it stated that they have millions of pieces of information to go through. This is going to end up being one of the most advanced and thorough investigations the world has ever seen. They have been gathering thousands of photos, thousands of videos, thousands of claims from witnesses all around the area, all the fragments of the debris they can find...

No stone is being left unturned, and that is why it is taking so long.

I would rather they take their time and get everything right the first time, than get it wrong and have to come back in a year with a revised conclusion.

And, lets not forget, the results of this investigation will at least result in serious diplomatic ramifications. At worst, it could result in military confrontation. extra DIV

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: StickyBuddha

Only one side aimed a Buk missile launcher at that plane. So, only one side is responsible for murdering 298 entirely innocent people.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
All this rules out is that they were not American made missiles. Ukraine uses those missiles so does Russia. They aren't going to figure out who shot that plane down. It could be either side. Maybe the Americans were playing with some they got their hands on and accidently shot down that plane on purpose.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
smoking gun that could prove the rebels in the Ukraine were responsible

Both sides used the Buk missile system, this doesn't prove a thing about any side.

Supporting evidence.
There are plenty of witnesses who have stated for the record that Russian reports of Ukrainian military in the area are false, these were local Ukrainian people living there, not the government in Kiev. Then you have the many witnesses who saw a Buk system being brought into the Rebel held region from Russia, and being removed again after the downing of that plane, with one missile missing.

All of this would rightly lead people to believe that it wasn't a Ukrainian Buk that brought that plane down.
edit on 11-8-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I'm sure they will be as thorough as possible because as you have already stated, the fallout from the investigation could have huge ramifications.
edit on 11/8/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

It's sad but the answer won't come from the wreck. They know it's a missile, it will be really hard to say who fired it, they where fighting in this zone. And fights create mess...

But, the people who fired the missile are not the only responsable. The plane should not have flew over that zone, at all. It's both the fact that the plane pass over a combat zone, and someone fired a missile that killed those people.

If I was one of the familly that lost someone in that tragedy, I would have pursue the compagny that own this plane. They didn't avoid danger, they wen't right in to it, money reasons...

edit on 11-8-2015 by PersonneX because: To much "l" on all.

edit on 11-8-2015 by PersonneX because: another typo.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Has the Ukranian Government been able to prove that all their Buk's are accounted for? I guess that would be a good starting point and if they prove that it was struck by a Buk, then there could only be one conclusion.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Granted. And the evidence needs to be incontestable, given the scope.

We do have momentous sanctions in place already though... its about time some justifications (in form of clear evidence) are brought forward.

edit on 11-8-2015 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Yes, I know both sides have them, but were there any Ukranian Buk missile systems in the vicinity? They claim not, don't they?

Well actually both sides have said a lot during this Ukranian civil war, it all began after this plane was shot down when the west started throwing accusations with no proof at Russia, from there the propaganda war is really just a muddle of differing opinions with no actual facts of anything so far.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: StickyBuddha

Do you have proof of your claim? I guess in a way you are technically correct......Former Ukraine citizens who now claim the Russian flag used a Russian weapons system to shot this plan down according to this and many other stories.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Well actually both sides have said a lot during this Ukranian civil war, it all began after this plane was shot down when the west started throwing accusations with no proof at Russia, from there the propaganda war is really just a muddle of differing opinions with no actual facts of anything so far.

If Russia has nothing to hide why are they doing their best to keep the truth from being found out?

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join