It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysia MH17 crash: 10 questions Russia wants Ukraine to answer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Some Western states and Kiev rushed to find Russian involvement in the MH17 crash having no evidence to back their claims, Russia’s Deputy Defense Minister told RT. He invited Ukraine to answer 10 questions to prove their commitment to an impartial probe.

Speaking to RT, Russia’s Deputy Defense Minister Anatoly Antonov has criticized Western countries for jumping to conclusions just “24 hours after the crash” while there is no evidence.

1. Immediately after the tragedy, the Ukrainian authorities, naturally, blamed it on the self-defense forces. What are these accusations based on?

2. Can Kiev explain in detail how it uses Buk missile launchers in the conflict zone? And why were these systems deployed there in the first place, seeing as the self-defense forces don’t have any planes?

3. Why are the Ukrainian authorities not doing anything to set up an international commission? When will such a commission begin its work?

4. Would the Ukrainian Armed Forces be willing to let international investigators see the inventory of their air-to-air and surface-to-air missiles, including those used in SAM launchers?

5. Will the international commission have access to tracking data from reliable sources regarding the movements of Ukrainian warplanes on the day of the tragedy?

6. Why did Ukrainian air traffic controllers allow the plane to deviate from the regular route to the north, towards “the anti-terrorist operation zone”?

7. Why was airspace over the warzone not closed for civilian flights, especially since the area was not entirely covered by radar navigation systems?

8. How can official Kiev comment on reports in the social media, allegedly by a Spanish air traffic controller who works in Ukraine, that there were two Ukrainian military planes flying alongside the Boeing 777 over Ukrainian territory?

9. Why did Ukraine’s Security Service start working with the recordings of communications between Ukrainian air traffic controllers and the Boeing crew and with the data storage systems from Ukrainian radars without waiting for international investigators?

10. What lessons has Ukraine learned from a similar incident in 2001, when a Russian Tu-154 crashed into the Black Sea? Back then, the Ukrainian authorities denied any involvement on the part of Ukraine’s Armed Forces until irrefutable evidence proved official Kiev to be guilty.

I find this fascinating, what with the U.S., and now the U.K. naturally, having the rhetoric that the Ukraine conflict is all Russias fault (which as any informed person would know is bullsh*t), that Russia should seemingly and honestly pose these questions to the West, they all seem like very relevant questions to me and it would be nice if they are answered, although I somehow doubt they will be.

And a major question, do you think this is the start of a new cold war and if so, who do you think is more responsible for it, the East or the West?
edit on 19-7-2014 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Very nice collection of Russian propaganda, straight from the main source of propaganda, Russia Today.

Seriously folks… why?

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

As opposed to the western propaganda crap?

The questions are interesting and I am impartial. I would also suggest that this article may be the first on this subject in which one side isn't directly blaming the other, it merely lays out 10 relevant questions.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Western media is biased, primarily in the direction of pandering to a specific audience for the purpose of well-targeted advertising in the all-important upfronts marketplace where advertising commitments are established.

Russia Today is propaganda.

There's a massive and important difference between bias and propaganda.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

You are derailing the thread, which is focused on the questions being asked and if the Ukraine conflict is leading to a new cold war. And now you've mentioned bias, you said propaganda first

I also appreciate the various news channels and their various stances, I just find some of RTs stuff to be the most interesting.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Sir/Ma'am.

Russia is in no position to be asking questions here.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Was it not odd how the Kiev "government" immediately blames Russia (hello, motive??), and everyone in the western media and governments jumped on that bandwagon like it was the last one out of a burning town? Without asking any questions or verifying anything?

No, I guess not. That's how they always operate these days. That info is piped straight into the robot media collective by the puppet masters.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: cry93
Sir/Ma'am.

Russia is in no position to be asking questions here.

So, what exactly are you saying? Just send the troops in and blow the crap out of Russia? Answer to everything these days apparently.

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Very nice collection of Russian propaganda, straight from the main source of propaganda, Russia Today.

Seriously folks… why?

Actually SO... RT has been pretty reliable so far. And ATS considers it one of the most reliable source of information...

At least until when it ceases to serve its purpose right?

What's this forum's motto again?

So... RT has been pretty useful but right now is not convenient so... lets just label it as "propaganda".. as if your ENTIRE MEDIA is not propaganda lol...

Seriously SO...

And if I didnt know you and this forum better I would say you were trying to sway and shape opinions to whatever it more favorable to the west's interests.... all this eager to shut down RT's views and when do we get to see the forum owner REALLY taking a stance on a real actual subject since the boston marathon incident (and even there it was... well... in another topic... )

But yea... if I didnt know better... but yea, great you guys are always there to go against the current of mainstream lies and lines of thought, aye?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The solution to all this lying is to mandate a World Wide Law, if an elected official is caught out lying then its a Mandatory Execution by Tyre Burning. You watch all the filthy lying bastards quit and stampede for the door. I stopped believing anything any Government ever says since 911, that was my wake up call to all this staged crap and mass mind control through the TV.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I cannot quote in this thread and I find that odd.

Anyway, I never said that anyone needed to be bombed. That plane flew over Ukraine peacefully until it entered eastern Ukraine that is controlled by separatists. It flew above the approved altitude and without incidence for some time.

It looks to me that the rebels jumped the gun and someone is in big trouble. I don't say bomb anyone. But we will see some people at Hague.

Kisses!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
And another aspect to consider.

Why was Putin on the horn with Obama and dropping the dime that there was a plane crash? Interesting line of conversation. Since when has Putin ever paid courtesy to Obama?

Russia effed up.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Western media is biased, primarily in the direction of pandering to a specific audience for the purpose of well-targeted advertising in the all-important upfronts marketplace where advertising commitments are established.

No,western media is also propaganda.
Remember Assads supposed chemical attack on his own civilians and how the west was pedalling it through the media outlets to launch air strikes?
Pure and unmitigated propaganda.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Not true, I watched MSM all day yesterday and the day before specifically to see what news or should I say narrative was being offered. After just a couple hours it was obvious the narrative. They would mention that no confirmation has been made but than continued to discuss whether it was the separatist rebels or Russia. Never once in 48 hours on any news show did I see them mention even the slight possibility of the Ukrainian Army.

There is obvious reasons for such behavior and although it would require no conscious and a different perspective on taboos, people are fully capable of shooting down passenger planes purposefully and not just Arabs. It would be awfully convenient if the US backed Ukrainian Army shot it down to blame on Russia forcing Russia to withdraw its 12,000+ troops from the border and directly financing the separatists.

Western news is just as much propaganda as RT.

Or maybe I should be asking; at what point does bias become propaganda?

edit on 19-7-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Some Western states and Kiev rushed to find Russian involvement in the MH17 crash having no evidence to back their claims, Russia’s Deputy Defense Minister told RT. He invited Ukraine to answer 10 questions to prove their commitment to an impartial probe.

Speaking to RT, Russia’s Deputy Defense Minister Anatoly Antonov has criticized Western countries for jumping to conclusions just “24 hours after the crash” while there is no evidence.

9. Why did Ukraine’s Security Service start working with the recordings of communications between Ukrainian air traffic controllers and the Boeing crew and with the data storage systems from Ukrainian radars without waiting for international investigators?

I like this one the best because I am quite familiar with evidence of CVR tampering, meaning re-recording, overwriting and splicing. Let's see if they do a better job in producing a fraudulent CVR recording than SAA and Armscor did back in 1988 for the Helderberg crash.

BTW, if this MH-17 CVR becomes available, someone direct me to the download and I will run it through my studio and forensic equipment. See how many "splices" we can find ;-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 7/19.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: quotes

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Besides, if any government needs to lie so heinously to their people to convince them its right than its obviously wrong. This of course comes from both sides of just about every conflict. Why? Well because murdering people is wrong....

21st century and we squabble like children. And TV is nothing but pure propaganda 24/7. Our grandparents warned us and we laughed. RT/MSM doesn't make a difference. A plague on both their houses.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
RT is owned by Putin. So it's purpose is to serve it's leadership. It's own reporters are sHong this Bd quitting their jobs.

It's all propaganda.
I listen. I read. I don't absorb much of it as truth.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Oh. I wasn't aware the Ukrainians were going through the CVR.
Are they in possession of both black boxes now?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

The US mainstream media is outright controlled by the US government and the central banks that control them. Don't get me wrong RT is the flip side of the same coin. I know you want to believe the game is not fixed but you would be wrong.

Both sides have paid poster pushing agenda's on social media and comment sections also.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
RT is owned by Putin. So it's purpose is to serve it's leadership. It's own reporters are sHong this Bd quitting their jobs.

It's all propaganda.
I listen. I read. I don't absorb much of it as truth.

Yes, yes, I've seen this type of thing before:

How Cold War-Hungry Neocons Stage Managed RT Anchor Liz Wahl’s Resignation

Through interviews with six current RT employees—all Americans with no particular affection for Russian President Vladimir Putin or his policies—and an investigation into the political forces managing the spectacle, a story has emerged that stands in stark contrast to the one advanced by Wahl, her supporters and the mainstream American press. It is the story, according to former colleagues, of an apolitical, deeply disgruntled employee seeking an exit strategy from a job where, sources say, she was disciplined for unprofessional behavior and had been demoted. Wahl did not return several voice and text messages sent to her cellphone. At the center of the intrigue is a young neoconservative writer and activist who helped craft Wahl’s strategy and exploit her resignation to propel the agenda of a powerful pro-war lobby in Washington.

How Cold War-Hungry Neocons Stage Managed RT Anchor Liz Wahl’s Resignation

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join