It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Government is Shutting Down at Midnight

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven

You cited references to votes on the procedural effort. It was all showcase by those 10 representatives on both sides of the aisle. It was complete and utter bullshat.

It didn't get taken to vote because of the bullshat. if it had it would have forced those individuals to make actual decisions, so instead they call a 'procedural' vote, which is bullshat for "we want to see if this will pass", which it wouldn't even with bi-partisan votes, so they made a big effing deal of it.

By the end of next week a spending bill will be passed, and DACA won't be included long term, if I'm wrong feel free to make a thread calling me out, I'll own it.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

that was the procedural vote, not the bill vote.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Silence.

edit on 20-1-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SkeptiSchism

I didn't ignore what you said. I responded by saying that it only works when TPTB have some respect for the American people. They do not. Every agency has been militarized all the way down to the local police. They don't listen to what we say. The votes are rigged and an uphill battle from the word go. And removing them by force is akin to suicide.

So again I ask, how in the real world do we effect these changes? edit: in a timely and effective manner?

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   
not all 50 Republicans voted yes on their own loophole laden bill, whilst 4 dems voted for the bill.

this country's never been more forked.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   
nm
ditto

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

that was the procedural vote, not the bill vote.

That was the only vote held. I agree with you that it is a pile of manure, a big show for the cameras on both sides.

But the fact is that members of both parties crossed the aisle, it was not a straight up party line vote. When you are shown wrong the polite thing to do is to acknowledge your error, not go about calling people names and questioning the motives of the members who did cross party lines.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   
UKA

Unbelievable Kindergarten of America.

Reps- Those evil Dems!
Dems- Those evil Reps!
And the fooled people in the overseas really believe there is any difference in the goals of the "two" parties?
Kindergarten!

But hey, go on, be divided and hate each other, will guaranteed help you....

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Wow, you are so sucked in it's amazing.

No party lines were crossed. They held a procedural vote then it was quashed.

I'll be shown wrong when the actual vote comes in, not some procedural bullshat.

Now, will you admit you are wrong for considering a procedural vote to be the actual result?

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Repeat: Stop working, stop paying your taxes reduce your expenses to the bare absolute minimum.

That's the only way right? They have the guns, they have the money they just argue about how to spend it. Only passive resistance really works. A revolution is co-opted and you end up with a worse situation. Opting out is the only solution.

I realize it's impossible because it would take at least 10-20% of the population, and the population for the most part is brain dead. But still, it's the only solution.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack
Silence.

There you go again. A lot of folks should listen and gain wisdom....

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Yeah, lets make this all about Democrats and their failings...

While the President, the Congress and the Senate are all Republican controlled, therefore in the best position to get things done, and have STILL managed to achieve a shambles between them. That makes PERFECT sense.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Just read an announcement from the Chief master sergeant of the air force, as of last night the US military stopped getting paid.

Congrats democrats by insisting on DACA you just handed the perfect attack bullet to the republicans, "Democrats care more about illegal immigrants than our men and women fighting in war zones"... it does not matter what the truth is its a perfect sound byte to attack democrats on.

Fricking idiots, we need at least 2 viable parties preferably more and the dems seem insistent on becoming regional.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I read right now that the work of the "U"S secret services will be lowered significantly now.

As a citizen of this earth i hope that this shutdown will never end(i know, hopeless, it´s all a game)!
A bit less "U"S spying on all the earth citizens would not be that bad for the world!

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
I read right now that the work of the "U"S secret services will be lowered significantly now.

As a citizen of this earth i hope that this shutdown will never end(i know, hopeless, it´s all a game)!
A bit less "U"S spying on all the earth citizens would not be that bad for the world!

I know I know you hate the US, but just as an FYI I received more cautionary briefings about people pumping me for information before every international exercise I was a part of than I ever did deploying to support the war effort.

Every nation spies on every other nation, so please don't try and act like Germany is not just as guilty as America is.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Blame Donald and his stupid tweet, the weak kneed Dems were about to cave in as usual, until he chimed in.

Government shutdown: Trump tweets cause chaos for Republicans as they scramble to pass spending bill
www.independent.co.uk... l

edit on 20-1-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

I know I know you hate the US, but just as an FYI I received more cautionary briefings about people pumping me for information before every international exercise I was a part of than I ever did deploying to support the war effort.

Every nation spies on every other nation, so please don't try and act like Germany is not just as guilty as America is.

Nobody is quite as guilty of this as the USA. I'm saying that as a Brit whose own Govt is a minor partner in it all. Who's the boss of the 'five eyes' partnership?

Sure, everyone does it, but the USA beats the rest of us by any metric. The NSA was tapping the comms of German politicians (allies). Do you think Germany is doing this to American politicians? Are the French, Germans or Chinese hoovering up the metadata of Yahoo and Google?

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

At the same level no, but yes they are doing it and your fooling yourself if you think they are not.

Just being a minor player should not excuse the other govt's, they could put a stop to a lot of it if they put their foot down and held America accountable, but they wont because they want to use the information they gatherd just like america does and would have to stop if they told us publically to stop it.

edit on 20-1-2018 by Irishhaf because: adjustment

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I think the Democrats will suffer the most votes from this, especially if the shutdown continues for very long. I definitely understand that Republicans control the House, Senate, and Presidency but the Democrats are the ones pushing for the shutdown this time and they have enough votes to shut down the government by themselves. I also agree with the Democrats that the DACA program should continue, but the shutdown is a bit reckless.

It could last for a while, as both sides are blaming the other, and they are fairly polarized.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I don't know why people are arguing over who's at fault. Trump himself has said that if the government shuts down it's due to poor leadership from the President.

Trump's comments blaming Obama for 2013 government shutdown resurface

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join