It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Government is Shutting Down at Midnight

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The U.S. Senate has apparently rejected the funding bill passed by the House yesterday.

A procedural vote to limit debate on the funding bill has failed.

Shut Down starts at Midnight Eastern Time.

Get ready for the blaming to intensify beyond belief !!

House-passed bill to avoid a government shutdown sinks in the Senate, leaving Congress scrambling for a plan

A House-passed stopgap bill that would avoid a government shutdown fizzled out in the Senate on Friday, leaving Congress fewer than two hours to find a solution before a midnight deadline.

The measure did not have enough votes to clear a procedural vote in the Senate just after 10 p.m. ET.

As nearly all Democrats and some Republicans opposed the plan that failed to work its way through Congress on Friday, lawmakers will have to craft a new plan quickly or see government funding lapse. The proposal that failed in the Senate would have funded the government through Feb. 16 and reauthorized the popular Children's Health Insurance Program for six years.

The Senate needs to garner 60 votes for a spending bill. With 50 Republicans present, the majority GOP needed to win support from 10 or more Democrats, many of whom had threatened to oppose a short-term spending plan if they could not also pass a bill shielding young undocumented immigrants from deportation. (Sen. John McCain is away from Washington, receiving treatment for cancer.)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
cool! Are we going to get more car chases at the capitol ending in a shootout like last time?? That was an interesting thing to see unfold when I was having a meal at BK on their tv's.

edit on 1-19-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
thank god, let's fire them all and start over

+37 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

How nice of them to make it so easy for Trump to get reelected. Putting Dreamers before your own american citizens. What a farce. Well you reap what you sow. Blue states just turned red.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with DACA and everything to do with the FISA memo...distract, deflect and overtake the news cycle.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Tis like predictive programming for the...

PURGE

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but blue states are not that smart. They just do what their leaders tell them and call themselves "enlightened."

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Good and good riddance.
They should take a permanent vacation.
Things are bad enough.
I don't need them.
We don't need them.
Parasites.

+26 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I have only one question if the US government shuts down...

How can you tell?

+26 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Does this mean I don't have to pay income taxes for the time they are not in service to the country?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Does this mean I don't have to pay income taxes for the time they are not in service to the country?

Yure forgetting that the IRS and the Federal Reserve are not US government agencies.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight

How can you tell?

Maybe when only one person changes a lightbulb alone.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
a reply to: Perfectenemy

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but blue states are not that smart. They just do what their leaders tell them and call themselves "enlightened."

I hear a certain memo will give them soon a very impresssive reality check. All the Republicans standing with the Democrats can go down with them.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
sorry friend, you know full well the Federal Mafia never rests! They are always ready to break your legs over a penny.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight

How can you tell?

theres a little less bull# in the world for a short time until they restart .

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry
a reply to: NightFlight

Such Debbie Downers.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
thank god, let's fire them all and start over

Candidate Trump said as much in 2016. He said maybe the government needs a "good shutdown" and then a reboot. Works for my P.C. when it's full of swamp bots.

We'll let Chuckee share in the credit. In fact, this will be the "SCHUMER SHUTDOWN".
edit on 1/19/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Those Senators and staff better not leave a mess in Chambers tonight.

The janitors won't be clocking in.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Thank-you for starting this thread. Now I ask this burning question in the right forum.

Over the Short Term, Over the Medium Term, and over the Long Term...Which class of voters are hurt THE MOST by a shut down of government?

DEMOCRAT VOTERS
or
REPUBLICAN VOTERS

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Same ol' same ol', so much for things "changing". It's Obama all over again.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join