It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Government is Shutting Down at Midnight

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
McConnel is delivering his eulogy now. Very somber. He'd make a good funeral director.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Our elected officials swear an oath to support and defend the Constitution and protect the rights and well being of U.S. citizens. Nowhere in there does it say anything about putting Americans at risk in favor of illegal aliens. Why can't we just yank these dickheads out of office for breach of contract? It seems like We, The People, should have a more immediate and effective way of dealing with this crap than waiting for the next vote and hoping our votes actually mean something.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
a reply to: Perfectenemy

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but blue states are not that smart. They just do what their leaders tell them and call themselves "enlightened."

I hear a certain memo will give them soon a very impresssive reality check. All the Republicans standing with the Democrats can go down with them.

I've heard a lot of things too. Few of them have actually made a difference.
I'll be one (of many) to toast with you when that changes.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Americans are angry, but only for a little while. In 7 months, the mid-term election cycle kicks into high-gear, and everyone will be going gung-ho and putting out signs, stickers, and arguing for their preferred politician again.

edit on 1/19/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Americans are angry, but only for a little while. In 7 months, the mid-term election cycle kicks into high-gear, and everyone will be going gung-ho and putting out signs, stickers, and arguing for their preferred politician again.

I've been angry for a long time and I suspect others have been as well. But when democrats are registering illegal aliens at taco trucks all over the country and teaching them how to vote without an ID the votes of a whole lot of angry citizens are negated.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   

McConnel is delivering his eulogy now. Very somber. He'd make a good funeral director.

I noticed he wasnt trying to negotiate at all tonight and just sat at his podium. I wonder if a new Majority leader is going to come out of this shut down as McConnell offered no real leadership tonight.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: Assassin82

The primary function of Government is to pretend to fail,its all Kabuki theatre

Kabuki is far more interesting and entertaining.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'm just a lowly citizen, don't think I have the power to do that. I kind of think that it would have to be the congress that did that.... and just what is the chances of that happening?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Our elected officials swear an oath to support and defend the Constitution and protect the rights and well being of U.S. citizens. Nowhere in there does it say anything about putting Americans at risk in favor of illegal aliens. Why can't we just yank these dickheads out of office for breach of contract? It seems like We, The People, should have a more immediate and effective way of dealing with this crap than waiting for the next vote and hoping our votes actually mean something.

The duty resides within us

When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

I noticed he wasnt trying to negotiate at all tonight and just sat at his podium. I wonder if a new Majority leader is going to come out of this shut down as McConnell offered no real leadership tonight.

McConnell talks like he's getting old and tired. Schumer too.

McConnell just said that the White House just informed him that DACA will not be discussed AT ALL, until the government re-opens.

We'll see how stubborn the Democrats are on DACA. How long they're willing to keep the government shut down over it.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Maybe Trump’s utter clueless stupidity will save the Schumer led dumbocrats
edit on 19-1-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

They are old and tired

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

The duty resides within us

When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

That only works if TPTB have some respect for We, The People. They don't.

link   

originally posted by: NightFlight

originally posted by: JinMI
Does this mean I don't have to pay income taxes for the time they are not in service to the country?

Yure forgetting that the IRS and the Federal Reserve are not US government agencies.

I've heard that the IRS is located in/around the Temple of Windsor, London UK.

Anyone knows?

link   
and if the dems still don't blink?? then what, how long can the republicans be this stubborn about daca and allow the gov't shut down.... over an issue that really seems to have bipartisan support when it stands on it's own??

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

I'm just a lowly citizen, don't think I have the power to do that. I kind of think that it would have to be the congress that did that.... and just what is the chances of that happening?

Its not going to happen. There are higher priorities. Just annoying to know that Congress gets paid without missing a beat during a shutdown.

Almost all government employees who are furloughed will not get paid, if a payday arrives while the government is shut-down. But as in 2013, they will be paid retroactively when things open back up. Essentially, they get a paid vacation.

link   

originally posted by: Maluhia
This has nothing to do with DACA and everything to do with the FISA memo...distract, deflect and overtake the news cycle.

This is most true, no denying that.

Both parties have their intelligence assests in place and those on both sides are battling. The right has Q, the left has the corrupt FBI, etc. They knew the FISA memo would become a thing and planned for a timely distraction.

Who said politics wasn't fun?!!?

link   
Um, so this isnt even about the national debt ceiling which is the usual obligatory "government shutdown" posturing circle jerk?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
and if the dems still don't blink?? then what, how long can the republicans be this stubborn about daca and allow the gov't shut down.... over an issue that really seems to have bipartisan support when it stands on it's own??

IMO, It's dumb not to talk DACA while the government is shut-down. Since DACA has to be resolved eventually, might as well start now.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.- Edward R. Murrow

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join