It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raw Water, Why Is That A Thing.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Of late I've been coming across certain commenter's view on some new craze kicking off in San Francisco, and California in general, but before I go on here is what it supposed to be.

The idea seems attractive enough: pure drinking water drawn from a sparkling stream and bottled without any extra chemicals or additives.

www.cbc.ca...

Hmmm so far so good until you read further down link.
The cost,the cost can be anywhere from 33$ to 60$ a freakin bottle, now after yrs of conspiracy theories on fluoride and gay frogs, some super kool folks "ahem" Libs have joined with far right Cons, but out did them by turning a buck out of it.

But remember when bottled water was a like WTH do I need bottled water for, that was for rich pretentious azzholes with their Perrier and Gray Poupon , the rest of us did fine with tap, with or with out a filter, rusty piping , boil it then cool it.
But now ,even I , spending money on bottled water so don't get too full of yourself, before you know it you maybe heading down to your corner store 60 bucks in hand.

edit on 17-1-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Tap water is crap. No matter where you live. The only thing I use tap water for is cooking and my garden.(sorry garden) I used to use it in both my coffee makers but it clogs them within a month. I would collect rain water where I live now but ya not going to happen. It really doesn't rain here and when it does you really should not be out in it. Thank you nuclear testing... I thought about making a charcoal filter with my gutters but I have no idea if that gets rid of radiation.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I'd rather drink water straight from source.. In a glass bottle though..

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Uh, you have never, until now heard of bottled spring water?.Its been on the market for many many years. It costs about 4 dollars for a 35 pack.

Anyway, I grew up drinking well water, but now I drink, only filtered water from the Fridge(built in water purifier) and bottled water. You rarely will see me drink regular water. I am from the Chicago area, but have lived in LA for 10 years, bottled water was big when I left the Midwest, so I don't know what your deal is.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
It reminds me of del boy and Rodney when they found the Peckham spring..

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

But what did folks do before bottled water, and let's keep in mind, Raw Water is full of crap, dead animals ,the guy pissing up stream, plus there is a reasons why some early folks drank beer or wine instead, because so-called Raw Water can be foul as hell.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

I drank bottled water because of my wife, but I've never seen the use in it unless your water came out brown due to piping or contaminated.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Sometimes....in the summer.....I drink straight from the garden hose.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Sometimes....in the summer.....I drink straight from the garden hose.

That's funny..

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

If you think that's bad, then oyu should look at this (ETA: there's profanity):

edit on 17-1-2018 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Yup that's how we get sucked into some sucka sh...t make it appeared kool then sell it to suckas for Ka-Ching!!! Mad $$$$.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I lived in Kenmore Square in Boston in the late 80's.... Disgusting water; smelled like fish...

But, I'm still here.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
It's a thing because people are gullible and will buy anything. It's a thing because we can no longer just drink from a river when we're thirsty like our ancestors.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Drinking from a garden hose is known to the state of California to cause cancer.

Says so on the tag of the hose.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Our ancestors did not have the amount of pollution we have today. Factories used to just dump waste into the rivers and Oceans. They still do, when they can get away with it. So Yup, I prefer bottled or filtered water.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

Ok I'm not against bottled water per say but this new "Raw Water. " kick as something super healthy, energising , the way our ancestors drank it,
Never mind the poop, and dead things, harmful bacteria, that caused our ancestors to die at the ripe old age of 20 if they happened to survived a saber tooth anything.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Drinking from a garden hose is known to the state of California to cause cancer.

So is wearing certain kinds of boots. I couldn't believe it when I saw that warning on rubber boots. It seems like everything in California gives you cancer.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

What are you talking about? The "raw water" is bottled directly AT THE SPRING before it can become polluted, with all of the crap you are talking about. It comes out of the spring and goes directly into a bottle.....

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Not too long ago, I watched a video about Korean youtubers trying different bottled waters hey, don't judge me. It really drove home the point about the ridiculous variety of bottled waters. There were different price points so you could try "budget" waters or "luxurious" waters, though none in the video were as ridiculously expensive as the $100,000 bottle.

If I had the spare time & money, I'd probably come up with my own bottled water brands. Import some water from Compton's municipal source and sell it as "Thug Water". Then all of the kids around the world that want to be thugs can drink like the real deal lol. Import some water from central Kentucky or Mississippi and sell it as "Good Ole Boy Water". Import some water from the Congo River and sell it as "Motherland Quench". Filter the water from a rose garden and sell it as the most feminine water known to man: "Princess Sip".

The whole principle would be the saying "It must be something in the water". Well, what better way to find out? I'd make a killing! Muahahaha!

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

People are over 60% H2O so to us Masons you are all just gaint bottles of water. Stay healthy!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join