It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raw Water, Why Is That A Thing.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: Spider879

$33-$60 for dysentery?

Sounds like a steal!
Go great with my pooped out coffee beans and water www.most-expensive.coffee...

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The fact is..... the world's losing it's collective mind.... under the guise of consumerism, or more rightly, conspicuous consumption.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: kurthall

I drank bottled water because of my wife

I drink wine because of my wife!

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Lol ..yeah?? well my wife thinks she can turn water into wine..

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Jesus!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Well.. I can turn wine into water.. Sort of water.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

That yellow stuff that smells of pee?

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Seriously, groundwater (and that is Raw Water in the essence) here around has a high amount of iron and mangan, which should be filtered away.

If your local ditches seem reddish-brown, that ist not necessarily filth or contamination with sewage but a high content of natural, diluted iron.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Curious thing, I was working in Redlands California for a guy on a construction project. The owner of the home offered us first buy-in into his newest brainstorm, this fortified vitamin water. it came in faint flavors too. My boss and I declined secretly rolling our eyes....... to ourselves. This was in around 98...

We missed the boat on that one, could of been millionaires already. Look at the shelves of Walmart's selections.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Hey, its still a liquid containing a lot of H2O! A LOT OF H2O, regardless what my doctor might say!

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
In my relatively small town, there are several free flowing springs in various locations (my grandpa had one in his back yard). Yes, water comes directly from the ground, and is about the best tasting, coldest water you have ever had the pleasure to drink. There's even a few large springs that feed into the local fish hatchery (rainbow trout, mostly). It's not uncommon to see people filling up gallon jugs of water to take home from the springs in people's front yards that have them (and don't mind people doing this).

However, as with most things like this, as our town has grown, the city is pumping more and more water from the ground, so a few of these springs have dried up, or don't flow as long during the year. I remember in the past during drought years here in Utah they'd dry up a bit, but now it seems like they stop every year. (and if we don't get some real snow soon, they won't be running next year!!)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Hey, its still a liquid containing a lot of H2O! A LOT OF H2O, regardless what my doctor might say!

If Gandhi drank it I am ok with that

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Yup I knew you Masons were part of the desert Dune tribes of Arrakis.

Fremen = freeman = Freemason.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhin1place
In my relatively small town, there are several free flowing springs in various locations (my grandpa had one in his back yard). Yes, water comes directly from the ground, and is about the best tasting, coldest water you have ever had the pleasure to drink. There's even a few large springs that feed into the local fish hatchery (rainbow trout, mostly). It's not uncommon to see people filling up gallon jugs of water to take home from the springs in people's front yards that have them (and don't mind people doing this).

However, as with most things like this, as our town has grown, the city is pumping more and more water from the ground, so a few of these springs have dried up, or don't flow as long during the year. I remember in the past during drought years here in Utah they'd dry up a bit, but now it seems like they stop every year. (and if we don't get some real snow soon, they won't be running next year!!)

I remember a couple of years ago still being able to drink the water from our well at the bottom of my garden (115 feet deep)(underground spring that goes all the way to the nearest village 2 miles away.))

Sadly this is no longer possible due to the heavy use of pesticides and herbicides that the local farmers use...

Warmest

Lags

Ps. I hail originally from Harrogate (North Yorkshire) in the UK... The natural water there was awesome... not so sure though nowadays!?
edit on 17-1-2018 by Lagomorphe because: Gahhhhhhh....

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: jhin1place

Up Logan Canyon towards Tony Grove is one of the biggest drainages of the Wasatch range, snow melt runoff. By the time it gets to Cutler Dam, it's pea green. Not even sure if it makes it to The Great Salt Lake anymore.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
There seems to be confusion about groundwaters:

You would not drink from puddles. That stuff is diluted dirt.

You would not drink from groundwater which came from the very first groundwaterhorizons, as those are not protected from contamination by above-ground things like fertiliser, manure from pens etc. That stuff is diluted dirt.

You might drink groundwater protected by layers of sand, pebbles and rock. Then you only have to consider natural sources of contamination like radon, iron, mangan or other minerals deep inside your local ground. To reach these waters, the well has to have a certain depth.
Edit: not including artesian springs, I forgot about those as they are not common in my area

In Germany, you have to have a special permit to drill deeper than 100m (about 300 imperial feet), and that is only outside water preserves. Inside those areas, you might not get any permit to drill deeper than a couple meters.

Because every drilling puts a hole through the protective layers of sand, clay, silt and rock.
edit on 17 1 2018 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

In Germany, you have to have a special permit to drill deeper than 100m (about 300 imperial feet), and that is only outside water preserves. Inside those areas, you might not get any permit to drill deeper than a couple meters.

Because every drilling puts a hole through the protective layers of sand, clay, silt and rock.

Same thing here in France too.

I dowse and am awaiting permission from the local town hall to drill as I have found another 2 springs on my land that are less deeper than the well I currently have.

This will be great for the washing machine, toilet etc...

Warmest

Lags

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Right now the creek behind the house has the crystal blue water from the mountain runoff, it looks delicious.

But, come August as everything slows down it becomes coppery, yuck.

So do you ask for Spring runoff when you order your water? (Not a serious question)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Reminds of a t-shirt I bought for my first son shortly after he was born:

"Daddy drinks because I cry"
edit on 17/1/18 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: Spider879

Well, it won't be a "thing" for long as people start getting dysentery, lead poisoning or any other such nasty thing that might be found in the water.

Oh yeah. Anybody who watches "Naked and Afraid" can tell you what happens to those players who drink
"raw water". Where there's water, birds and other animals, there is feces in the water. Good luck with that.

Saw this last night. Truth in comedy.

edit on 1/17/2018 by angeldoll because: added vid

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join