It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For 37 mins. . . people in Hawaii were left to believe that a missile was headed their way. Why?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
Shame liberals get a warning message at all.

The effort that goes into the design of such information systems. The difficulty in ensuring the warning systems work. A botched test amidst the other weapons drills going on in Hawaii...

This is a horrible thing. Regardless of a wrong button pushed and a false alarm... we know the system works. Horrible to know that for sure!!

I suggest that the US abandon Hawaii in its defense plan along with California.

Ungrateful pricks....

Yeah, just kill'em all if they don't align with your political ideology.

Way to turn a serious incident into cheap political point scoring, imbecile.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
While other people were putting their children in storm drains and running for shelter I was sitting in my living room with some rum. I can see pearl harbor from my apartment so I figured I was screwed and that if it was my time then I at least wanted a drink.

It was really confusing to see no military movement in the Pearl Harbor area during all of this.

I feel bad for all of the tourists that were touring pearl harbor sites and received the text alert. Imagine visiting the last attack site on Oahu and that alert pops up.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: fyredansyr

No looting also well I have not heard of any. 1st thing you see in the movies isn't it?.
Rum sounds like a good idea to me also.
Adds to the thought of it was a test seeing you saw not a lot happening at the Base.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   
This seems to be catching:

"Around 6:55pm earlier we reported on the NHK's news site and NHK's news disaster prevention application ‘Pattern of North Korean missile launch’ but this was incorrectly issued. J alert has not appeared. I must sincerely apologize,” the news outlet wrote. The incident comes just four days after a public warning was issued to residents in Hawaii to “seek immediate shelter” from an alleged incoming ballistic missile which had been launched.

Source

Coincidence? Maybe I'm just a tad suspicious, but I don't believe in coincidence. This is too soon after the one in Hawaii.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Guam is a closer target than Hawaii but not as high profile, though there are nuclear weapons stored there and a really large fuel depot for the US military.

I agree with previous poster - government competence is not high on the list of priorities for Hawaii. I lived there for 7 years.

There was no missile launched as Japan, South Korea and China all would have reported on it. Here in China the military would have freaked out and we'd know about it. Or at least I'd know about with my wife's family who are in the military and quite high ranking.

This was done intentionally I feel. The left and deep state are freaking out that the dance is up and their @ss is getting nailed to the wall.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Zaphod58

NORAD is staffed 25 hours a day 8 days a week. I would think they would know if a missile launch occurred and a missile is inbound somewhere.

Yes or No?

Does norad have the ability to turn off an alarm in Hawaii....

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Zaphod58

NORAD is staffed 25 hours a day 8 days a week. I would think they would know if a missile launch occurred and a missile is inbound somewhere.

Yes or No?

In this case, NORAD wasn't even in the loop. This is a local state system only....not integrated with national threat alerts. It had a single point failure that we saw in action. In addition, it had no way to recall or issue a false alarm notice at all.

This is local state government incompetence at its finest.

This is all that is needed to explain this fiasco. If you have ever worked in or around that level of government. you will totally understand how this happened.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DoubleDNH

Not Norad, but Hawaii EMA (Emergency Management Agency)

Employee hit the wrong drop menu

Shows the problems if mix simulation/test with operation functions

Happened to NORAD number of years back when a simulation tape was put on an operations computer

A Soviet attack simulation was broadcast for several minutes until mistake discovered

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
For one Hawaii resident, this "false alarm," "mistake," whatever you want to call it - nearly killed him:

Sean Shields suffered a massive heart attack minutes after saying his last goodbyes over the phone to his 10-year-old daughter and grown son following the false missile alert.

Shields, 51, started violently throwing up while at Sandy Beach on East Oahu and then drove himself, along with his girlfriend Brenda Reichel, who is disabled, to the Straub Hawaii Kai Family Health Center where she says he collapsed in the waiting room.

Emergency medical technicians were able to perform CPR and transport him to Straub Medical Center, where he had emergency surgery and four stents inserted into his heart, she said.

...further down in this report:

Miraculously, Shields survived and is recovering from his traumatic ordeal, she said.

“He’s talking, he’s lucid and cognitive,” Reichel said. “Thanking God for miracles. God is good.”

Source

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

I would forward all relevant medical bills to the Hawaii Office of Emergency Management.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

I would forward all relevant medical bills to the Hawaii Office of Emergency Management.

These days, a good attorney could file a class-action suit for "pain and suffering".

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: fyredansyr

No looting also well I have not heard of any. 1st thing you see in the movies isn't it?.

This is Hawaii not Chicago.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

These days, a good attorney could file a class-action suit for "pain and suffering".

If HEMA is going to argue it was an accident and that it's never happened before and that they are taking appropriate measures to make sure it never happens again...I don't think there is a case, unfortunately. And in a state court, there is no 'unique' class that suffered a legal injury. Everyone got f*cked by this false alarm.

I'm not an attorney though and I would love to hear the legal arguments for and against such a case.

I'd like to think there is legal recourse, but based on what I believe I understand...I don't think there is. The poor man who suffered a heart attack? The state would argue he was far more responsible for his health situation than this incident was.

So...I would like to believe there is some legal recourse, but I think it's been explained in a way that ensures that HEMA is not legally negligent and liable...and they never have to prove their claims about what happened in court!

I hope I am wrong on this though!

edit on 1/16/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

.......... they are taking appropriate measures to make sure it never happens again...

"They" * ALWAYS * say that when they screw something up !!

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I know. They say it for liability reasons. A court views it as evidence in favor of the defense.

That's pretty much the only reason 'it' is said.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

BTW, I feel so bad for this guy, DJ. Thanks for sharing his story!

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence

Pretty much, someone probably did not notice it.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Column at STRATEGYPAGE.COM by military writer/analyst Austin Bay gives detail description of the Hawaii
f*ckup

www.strategypage.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: penfold
I couldn’t help thinking that this could have been an experiment to see how the population would react in a real life doomsday scenario, This information would be invaluable to governments when formulating plans for evacuation and damage limitation.

Interesting perspective, since a test like this would best be carried out somewhere isolated, like an island.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence

Pretty much, someone probably did not notice it.

Yeah, I think that's the problem some people are having with this, is that it cannot reasonably be explained by incompetence. It's possible, I guess, and we don't know enough about the process involved, but it seems like a bit of a stretch to me...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join