It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For 37 mins. . . people in Hawaii were left to believe that a missile was headed their way. Why?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
And it was 38 minutes until the official alert system was able to be programmed to send the "false alarm" follow-up. Tulsi Gabbard had a tweet out there saying it was a false alarm (which she confirmed with officials) within 10 minutes, and this was being picked up by the media. Police were notified in short order as well that it was a false alarm. So pretending no action was taken for 38 minutes is just dishonest.

Timeline

You know full well there is nothing in the timeline that says the local news reported it was a false alarm until the system did their emergency broadcast 38 minutes later.

And there is no mention of anyone trying to send out a unique alert that it was a false alarm rather than waiting for 38 minutes to somehow issue that information via a 'cancellation.'

I think we are through discussing your beliefs and opinions. I know I am.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: face23785
And it was 38 minutes until the official alert system was able to be programmed to send the "false alarm" follow-up. Tulsi Gabbard had a tweet out there saying it was a false alarm (which she confirmed with officials) within 10 minutes, and this was being picked up by the media. Police were notified in short order as well that it was a false alarm. So pretending no action was taken for 38 minutes is just dishonest.

Timeline

You know full well there is nothing in the timeline that says the local news reported it was a false alarm until the system did their emergency broadcast 38 minutes later.

And there is no mention of anyone trying to send out a unique alert that it was a false alarm rather than waiting for 38 minutes to somehow issue that information via a 'cancellation.'

I think we are through discussing your beliefs and opinions. I know I am.

It's a fact that "nothing was done for 38 minutes" is false. It took them 38 minutes to send out an official alert saying it was a false alarm. I outlined a completely reasonable way in which that could happen, based on my personal experience. You're ignoring it because you want to believe in a myth that has no basis in anything besides a misguided faith in government. Your entire basis for this was "it's not reasonable it would take 38 minutes" and I just demonstrated how that's wrong. Sorry I burst your bubble. Get your last word in so you can sleep tonight. You're a lost cause. Believe in bs all you want. You got suckered.
edit on 15 1 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
PS - to the OP. It's interesting to note that you have prime deep state agents here in the thread, telling us in no uncertain terms that this was a government test. (Any time that they show up & try to make you feel stupid while telling everyone else there's "...nothing to see here" - you know it was a government test...)

There are some 'usual suspects,' that's for sure.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Wait a minute... isn't this exactly how they corrected it? I can swear that they ended up having to Tweet "NO MISSILE THREAT", and then the official retraction occurred via the Mass Not. system? I can tell you from experience, that when our mass notification system got "stuck" in an alerting state, it could easily take 20-30 minutes to troubleshoot and in worst case, restart/reset.

Here's the official tweet stating that it wasn't a threat, which I think happened prior to them sending a mass notification alert of the same nature:

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

PS - to the OP. It's interesting to note that you have prime deep state agents here in the thread, telling us in no uncertain terms that this was a government test. (Any time that they show up & try to make you feel stupid while telling everyone else there's "...nothing to see here" - you know it was a government test...)

I guess that local government employees, according to you, cannot make any mistakes, and are infallible! Wow, talk about cognitive disconnection to reality.

Let me ask you, have you ever, or do you know anyone, that has accidentally deleted a file on a computer by mindlessly clicking through the "Are you sure" dialog? Only to realize, ooops, I didn't want to do that.

That is what this was, simple as that. They had a multi-check system in place, but assigned it to a SINGLE PERSON to decide. All this also was done at the shift-change timeframe. So, the person that sent out the alert, LEFT, and the next person on the shift like;y didn't know it was sent in error.

Which sounds more likely?
A) The government is so organized and infallible that they can plan and perpetrate a false alarm like this, without anyone blowing the whistle after the fact (I've not seen anyone in government making these claims at all have you?)

B) Low paid and ill trained government employee tasked with testing the alarm system clicks the active alert button mistakenly, then quickly clicks through the confirmation dialog since the end of shift is here, and (s)he needs to leave to get to that party.

Honestly, which seems more likely?

Incredible government organization and planning at multiple levels and including numerous devoted people, or a single untrained and low-paid government employee looking to get that last task done before going home for the day.

edit on 1/15/2018 by Krakatoa because: spelling

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

I guess that local government employees, according to you, cannot make any mistakes, and are infallible! Wow, talk about cognitive disconnection to reality.

Let me ask you, have you ever, or do you know anyone, that has accidentally deleted a file on a computer by mindlessly through the "Are you sure" dialog? Only to realize, ooops, I didn't want to do that.

That is what this was, simple as that. They had a multi-check system in place, but assigned it to a SINGLE PERSON to decide. All this also was done at the shift-change timeframe. So, the person that sent out the alert, LEFT, and the next person on the shift like;y didn't know it was sent in error.

Which sounds more likely?
A) The government is so organized and infallible that they can plan and perpetrate a false alarm like this, without anyone blowing the whistle after the fact (I've not seen anyone in government making these claims at all have you?)

B) Low paid and ill trained government employee tasked with testing the alarm system clicks the active alert button mistakenly, then quickly clicks through the confirmation dialog since the end of shift is here, and (s)he needs to leave to get to that party.

Honestly, which seems more likely?

Incredible government organization and planning at multiple levels and including numerous devoted people, or a single untrained and low-paid government employee looking to get that last task done befre going home for the day.

Couldn't have put it better myself. It's amazing how easy it is to forget a simple principle: you can have system redundancy after system redundancy after masterfully designed logic system in place; but if you put one person who's had, say for instance:

a rough night
a bout of insomnia
gets paid too little
pick pretty much any other potentially negative human characteristic or behavior

behind the master control panel left ALONE, and you can kiss you perfect system goodbye!
edit on 15-1-2018 by parad0x122 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I guess that local government employees, according to you, cannot make any mistakes, and are infallible!

Yes. That's what I am saying.

*huge eyeroll*

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I really hope this isn't aimed at me btw. I couldn't be further from a government disinformation agent to be honest, lol.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I guess that local government employees, according to you, cannot make any mistakes, and are infallible!

Yes. That's what I am saying.

*huge eyeroll*

It sure sounds like it from your precious posting on this topic. SO, being a bit sarcastic here merely means you KNOW you are wrong and refuse to admit that stupidity and lackadaisical behaviors is likely the culprit (but its not as exciting to talk about).

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

When you try to 'logic' it's so cute!

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Even “if” this was human error and not something intentionally set in motion, why would they parade the poor person who made that “mistake” in front of the cameras.

Never, never, EVER, should that happen. They made him a sacrificial lamb. This disgusts me to no end.

They now know their system has flaws and what they need to do fix those flaws, win win for them.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

When you try to 'logic' it's so cute!

Sarcasm does not make you look cute. On the contrary, it is a very ugly look on you.

Sorry if the truth hurts your feelings.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Awww..well, I still think you are totes adorbs when you try to talk about 'truth' and how it only exists in your mind.

edit on 1/15/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Awww..well, I still think you are totes adorbs when you try to talk about 'truth' and how it only exists in your mind.

And yet, you have not disagreed with my statements that sometimes a simple mistake is a simple mistake. Not everything is a vast conspiracy requiring dozens of people to keep their mouths shut on both sides of the political spectrum. Yeah, that makes more sense to a thinking person.

It's a lot easier to attack the person with insults.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

And yet, you have not disagreed with my statements that sometimes a simple mistake is a simple mistake.

You 'attacked' me first when you suggested that I think the government is infallible based purely on this instance where I don't think what happened in Hawaii was unintentional.

Since I never suggested I believe such a thing, why on earth should I even respond to you?

That illogical leap you made is so tortured, it wasn't worth my time responding to seriously.

Of course I know people in government and the systems they use are fallible. I just don't believe THIS was a "simple mistake."

Moving on.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

And yet, you have not disagreed with my statements that sometimes a simple mistake is a simple mistake.

You 'attacked' me first when you suggested that I think the government is infallible based purely on this instance where I don't think what happened in Hawaii was unintentional.

Since I never suggested I believe such a thing, why on earth should I even respond to you?

That illogical leap you made is so tortured, it wasn't worth my time responding to seriously.

Of course I know people in government and the systems they use are fallible. I just don't believe THIS was a "simple mistake."

Moving on.

So, it is OK for you to jump to conclusions on this incident, but if I jump to conclusions based upon tyour own statements, I am attacking you.

All your previous bloviating points to exactly that you believe int he infallibility of the government machine to pull off this conspiracy to intentionally trigger a missile alert system, then intentionally wait 37 minutes to retract the alarm.

Yeah, keep trying to deflect.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Hawaii has also been plagued with number of false tsunami (tidal wave) alerts . The islands have a system triggered
by earthquakes on the Pacific rim . The warning system was installed following devastating tsunami in 1946/1960

No warming system is 100 % foolproof ........

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
As someone who has worked and volunteered at various emergency management facilities, EOC's, dispatch centers, etc., in a very heavily populated area, I think most people in the general public would be shocked at how easily alert systems can be activated by just a single person. I'm actually surprised things like this don't happen more often. I see a lot of people saying it "doesn't make sense" that one person could activate such an alert and that in itself is cause for conspiracy. However, I must strongly disagree. While it really DOESN'T make sense, I know first hand how easliy a single person could trigger a major alert, be it on purpose or by accident.
edit on 15-1-2018 by skepticalguy because: a few words

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: skepticalguy
I'm actually surprised things like this don't happen more often.

Yeah. Me, too.

Especially if it's "sooooo easy to do acccidentally" and the government is "soooooo inept."

Yeah.

And, boy oh boy, isn't it just really an unfortunate and unintentional, uh, *thing* that it happened to people in Hawaii....one of the closest U.S. targets to NK?

All purely unfortunate, inconsequential, and unintended, of course...but it makes sense because of all the incompetence of the government workers and the flaws in the systems.

OH! And it's just surprising that it doesn't happen more often. But the fact that it doesn't happen more often....well, that sure doesn't suggest maybe it wasn't an accident.

We've been told it was a simple mistake. Nothing more.

edit on 1/15/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

And also not surprisingly, Obama's birth state(going at least by establishment play book)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join