It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For 37 mins. . . people in Hawaii were left to believe that a missile was headed their way. Why?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
For a moment, set aside whether or not you believe that the alarm was accidentally or intentionally sounded today and whether the ‘accident explanation' is plausible.

The fact is, in a world with Twitter and a world where local news can pre-empt in an instant for breaking news, for 37 minutes, people in Hawaii were intentionally left to believe that a ‘missile’ was headed toward them and told to take appropriate cover with very limited instruction…beyond ‘seek shelter and avoid windows.’

Those 37 minutes were clearly intentional because correcting that belief was as simple as utilizing Twitter and the local news. There is nothing plausible about a version of events that claims it took a half hour to find out no missile had ever been detected/spotted, or that no one was aware the alarm had been sounded.

Given this, I confidently assume the sounding of the alarm was intentional and, perhaps it was a ‘state exercise’ as reported by the White House.

Link

For 37 minutes, people were left to take this seriously, assess their situation, lament about things they wished they had done differently and had prepared for, formulate plans to save their lives and the lives of their children, loved ones, pets, etc..., contact loved ones…act as they would IF the threat was real.

I think that those 37 minutes were intentional. It's very obvious. It's logical. I think the alarm was intentional, too, and I think it was those 37 minutes of thinking, assessing, dealing with the fear…or finding peace…etc…that was the entire motivation behind all of it.

Does anyone really believe this was not intentional? How do you explain a 37 minute gap in the communication of such critical information that no missile launched?

What does it mean if it was an intentional 'false alarm?'

Also, I have considered that perhaps a missile was launched and shot down. I personally think the U.S. would retaliate, and if that is what happened, then I haven't seen any indictions of it. So I am going with the theory that it was an intentional 'false alarm' and that it was motivated by those 37 minutes and anything *productive* that comes from them.

edit on 1/13/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
I think that those 37 minutes were intentional. It's very obvious. It's logical. I think the alarm was intentional, too, and I think it was those 37 minutes of thinking, assessing, dealing with the fear…or finding to peace…etc…that was the entire motivation behind all of it.

I bet people will stop brushing off the threat of a nuclear armed North Korea.

It wasn't anyone in America that made the North Koreans threaten us with a nuclear strike on our territory.

But, I'm Deplorable. I'm labeled. People will all too soon forget what this felt like. Until the day the missile is really inbound.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable
People will all too soon forget what this felt like. Until the day the missile is really inbound.

Precisely why a think such a drill/exercise would have to appear real...so that people -- in Hawaii particularly -- can't brush it off easily. And so they make a plan that suits their situation.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

Until the day the missile is really inbound.

I would advise not to hold your breath or go on a hunger strike till then.

(post by Gothmog removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Since you don’t know the procedures involved in canceling such a broadcast, I don’t know how you can confidently assume anything...

In April last year, it took over an hour to turn off emergency sirens that were hacked in Dallas.

www.theguardian.com...

Just because you don’t understand or know what happened in those 37 minutes, doesn’t automatically mean it’s deliberate or nefarious.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

You've never lived in Hawaii, have you. Government competence is not high on their list of things to do. Being a weekend would only make it worse.

link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Someone in government pressed it...MANY in government did not go to any length to correct the error for 37 minutes.
edit on Sat Jan 13 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

link   
I briefly mentioned this in another thread but it's hard to believe this could have been a mistake. There's no one button that can be pressed as a mistake. I'm sure it would have, at least, had to go through a person in charge or two before authority to raise the alert was given.

Whatever it was..... it isn't what we're being told..... IMO.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Since you don’t know the procedures involved in canceling such a broadcast, I don’t know how you can confidently assume anything...

In April last year, it took over an hour to turn off emergency sirens that were hacked in Dallas.

www.theguardian.com...

Just because you don’t understand or know what happened in those 37 minutes, doesn’t automatically mean it’s deliberate or nefarious.

I'm not talking about sirens. There were NO SIRENS.

I am talking about a Twitter post that says -- FALSE ALARM, NO MISSLE DETECTED. I am talking about local news pre-empting with the message -- FALSE ALARM, NO MISSLE DETECTED.

You assume people are stupid and will buy such a flimsy argument. pfft.

edit on 1/13/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I personally think it was done intentionally in order to focus the people on something other than the fallout from the fake Russia dossier. A man in Maryland was arrested after 11 indictments were unsealed. This man is the first (that we know of) person who was arrested for his links to the Uranium1 scandal. The Inspector General report on the FBI / DOJ and everything Clinton trump related is due to be released on Monday.

Turns out it was submitted to Grassley on Friday. It was also reported out of the 1.2 million documents in that report a large chunk wont be turned over as they apparently are being used in possible prosecutions. You have the mess with Clinton's and the Clinton foundation where the DOJ / FBI reassigned the CF investigation back to the Arkansas field office. That investigation recently noted that a grand jury has been empaneled.

Dick Durbin made his claim about Trump and #hole however it appears to be a lie. Durbin has a history of lying when it comes to White House meetings and has done it before with the Obama admin.

The S. Korean President praised Trump for being responsible for the North and South coming to the negotiating table.

The world is coming down for the left and the only way to distract is to have something major happen. The ironic part of the missile threat warning is how the left is going after Trump and the US military for this screw up. In reality this screw up was all at the state level and had nothing to do with the federal government at all. Not surprisingly Hawaii is a deep blue state on the political spectrum.
edit on 13-1-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

You've never lived in Hawaii, have you. Government competence is not high on their list of things to do. Being a weekend would only make it worse.

Government incompetence does not explain this. I can't accept that everyone involved and alerted...everyone in the know...were all too incompetent to communicate it was a false alarm for 37 minutes.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Regardless, someone needs to be fired.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

No, it’s you who assume people are stupid and will go along with your 1+2= 4 conspiracy idea.

The incident in Dallas shows that they just can’t flip a switch and fix it instantly like you’re implying.

No doubt there are phone calls backwards and forwards making sure there was no actual missile, maybe only a certain person can approve a cancelation and they weren’t there.

There’s too many if, buts and maybes to tell what happened.

But you keep on doing what you’re doing, plenty of flags and stars comets your way.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Thank you for giving a response to my question..."What does it mean if it was an intentional 'false alarm?"

I had not thought about it as an intentional distraction....

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

HA HA HA HA HA!!!! You're a riot.

Nothing that has ever happened in Dallas proves that the civil defense warning system cannot flipping TWEET critical information, instantly, and that the local news cannot pre-empt programs on their stations to bring critical updates like:

"HEY! Don't panic, there's no missile! False alarm."

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I couldn’t help thinking that this could have been an experiment to see how the population would react in a real life doomsday scenario, This information would be invaluable to governments when formulating plans for evacuation and damage limitation.

link   

originally posted by: Catch_a_Fire
I briefly mentioned this in another thread but it's hard to believe this could have been a mistake. There's no one button that can be pressed as a mistake. I'm sure it would have, at least, had to go through a person in charge or two before authority to raise the alert was given.

Whatever it was..... it isn't what we're being told..... IMO.

It might be very useful for people to believe/realize/know that this was not intentional.Get your ducks in a row. The threat is real.

You cant have the president talking about pressing button and NK testing nuclear weapons and not take it seriously.

link   

Whether you can accept it or not is utterly irrelevant. I lived there for almost 30 years and this is exactly what you can expect from the government. After the alert went out, they would have been in CYA mode and no one would have done anything until they got in touch with someone higher up. That's not going to be an immediate thing at 8am on a Saturday morning.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: penfold
I couldn’t help thinking that this could have been an experiment to see how the population would react in a real life doomsday scenario, This information would be invaluable to governments when formulating plans for evacuation and damage limitation.

I also have the value of the data and information collected from the response, in my mind, as a possible motive.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join