It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For 37 mins. . . people in Hawaii were left to believe that a missile was headed their way. Why?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Did you notice that only 43 people shared the governor's post?

He only has 14,000+ followers (and that's as of this evening). He really wasn't getting the word out with his FB post. Also, it seems to have been posted at 8:30 a.m. (1:30 p.m. EST). That's later than what I have read in timelines published by a few new media outlets. IIRC, the claim was more like 8:15 to 8:20 a.m.

I just don't accept that local news couldn't be utilized. In my area, all four local news stations report school closings within about 2 minutes time, tops.
edit on 1/14/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: VariableConstant

How many people just killed themselves or commited a murder suicide. Or decide to go on a raping spree . told their boss to F### off, Told their wife they were cheating, told their parents they were gay.

Hawaii has some splaining to do.
I thought the same thing about people who made “ deathbed “confessions only for the all clear to be announced.it could potentially have ruined many lives.
edit on 14-1-2018 by penfold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
There are a myriad of things wrong with this scenario.

1. They EMS system has only ONE thing to do. This is not the police, this is a simple system of notification that has been used for ages and is in place all over the country. If the FAT FINGER excuse was valid, why has this not happened more often. Even still, I would think that if you have NOTHING to do all day everyday, you'd figure out a way to avoid fat finger.

2. I start the car when i don't want to it does not take me 40 minutes to turn it off. Fat finger, then fat finger hits "error" button seconds later, not nearly an hour.

3. This system is simple, yet everyone seems confused, conflicting words, and a rather odd sense of no idea what happened. Fat finger, easy, broken switch, easy, yet they seem to be looking to officials to get the story straight. Granted a lot of ass covering is probably going on, but an explanation can't be that hard.

4. What triggers this? Does it require a call from Norad, To SATCOM, to DOD, To POTUS then back to SATCOM and then to a Hawaii Shirt wearing person with a fat finger? Is the new system directly tied to a sat system that picks up missiles and automatically notifies without the need for fat finger? Keep in mind, this was a really, really specific notice, this was not weather related which would make sense, this is probably way down the list.

It is 3/4 that matter. How long does it take for a missile to launch and be intercepted? 30-40 minutes? There is ZERO reason for anyone on earth to believe the government would be honest here. Supposed a "false flag" missile was launched, FF, as happened countless times before. And suppose the HATED HATED Trump does not really want war with NK and simply put forth Fat Finger. How would you know? ABC? Fake news?

The truth about this will come out, unlike 911 etc. soon. People won't like what is going to be said...

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: crankyoldman

Amen!

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I just read this a while ago, I guess there were actually 2 false alarms spread out 1/2 hour apart. Can anyone in Hawaii confirm?

There wasn't one false alarm.

There were two false alarms, according to reports now from the ground, about a half-hour apart.

They were not false alarms due to a mistake.

Someone really thought there was a missile coming in, and realized it was false only after a half-hour -- the point at which if it had been real everyone would have been incinerated. In other words yes, it was a "false alarm" because there was no missile but the people who sounded the alarm really believed there was an inbound attack.
market-ticker.org...

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

I agree with your thinking.

This was my first thought actually.

I really think this was a test.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: penfold

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: VariableConstant

How many people just killed themselves or commited a murder suicide. Or decide to go on a raping spree . told their boss to F### off, Told their wife they were cheating, told their parents they were gay.

Hawaii has some splaining to do.
I thought the same thing about people who made “ deathbed “confessions only for the all clear to be announced.it could potentially have ruined many lives.

I think some worker put him/herself on the runway at Honolulu airport and was killed by a jet taking off, or landing.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Are you serious? =(

It's the children who knew what the terror was about for me. It brings to mind the movie 'Testament' where the young girl asked her mom about sex and having babies..knowing she would never have those experiences.

I worry how these kids spent that time believing they might never grow up and experience things they had dreamed of for themselves.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Are you serious? =(

It's the children who knew what the terror was about for me. It brings to mind the movie 'Testament' where the young girl asked her mom about sex and having babies..knowing she would never have those experiences.

I worry how these kids spent that time believing they might never grow up and experience things they had dreamed of for themselves.

That's what many kids on the South and West Side of Chicago say.. And it's not just for a 38 minute window in time.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Are you serious? =(

That's what many kids on the South and West Side of Chicago say.. And it's not just for a 38 minute window in time.

There are kids all around the world that wonder about these things...and regularly or most of the time.

It's just especially ridiculous when its their own government terrorizing them.
edit on 1/14/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I think your instincts are right MMI, what if this were an exercise with the goal of discovering certain people in the chain of command and defense who would refuse to follow lawful orders and had a hidden agenda. There's certainly some house cleaning going on in every branch of government so it stands to reason that it was indeed an intentional alert meant to root out some of the bad guys.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

During the "Cold War" in the 1960's, the possibility of a war that would end all (human) life was always present. I remember the drills during grade school.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I hadn't even considered that and it's an interesting line of thinking. I am sure the most was made of this incident.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Mother,

What if the Chinese took out the missile for us? What if the PRNK launched a missile towards Hawaii, the Chinese immediately called Trump and said "We got this, don't launch a retaliatory strike or we will respond in kind." Then the Chinese stopped the missile. Hawaii was warned, as a precaution, until proof was sent that the missile was destroyed.

Would Trump have launched an attack that would damage North and South Korea, especially if the Chinese promised to handle things?

It's a theory.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: lincolnparadox

If this were the case, I think china would also take the opportunity to go thump the fat little troll on the head and take his toys away.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: crankyoldman

Just like many of the Stephen Paddock (Las Vegas) explanations, there is much that doesn't make sense with the Hawaii Nuke false alarm too.

Good post, CrankyOldMan.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: face23785

If this was accidental in nature, then this serves to highlight problems in the system that, to me, should have been anticipated.

That's actually been the entire point of everything I've said on this issue.

I think people have made some good speculations on this being, at worst, something other than a mistake, and at best, a mistake they most definitely learned something from.
There’s a difference between speculation on a conspiracy site and “just making # up”.
edit on 14-1-2018 by CajunMetal because: Not starting a flame war

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This was not a mistake. This was a test 100%.

The military runs similar tests all the time to test responsiveness.

Then they parade the poor man who made the “mistake’ out in front of the cameras, that is total BS.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

originally posted by: dianajune

a reply to: jadedANDcynical

It took them 37(38?) minutes to put out the official retraction. Can you imagine how much longer it would've taken if the President got involved in the middle of it too? Just going on TV or sending out a tweet doesn't fix it.

I'd hate to see the Potus get involved because he'd probably tweet something else stupid, leading to WW3.

That may sound political, but as much as I don't like it, politics is involved here.

That false alarm may have started with the State of Hawaii, but it would be appropriate, imho, for Potus to put out some kind of statement himself, rather than hide behind the White House statement which read that he'd been 'briefed.'

It didn't sound that political, just dumb. WW3 isn't gonna start with a tweet, the DNC has you brainwashed.

Sorry, I can think for myself, thank you very much.

No brainwashing going on here, and I can't stand the DNC.

Trump was stupid to say "my nuclear button is bigger than Kim's and it works." That's not conducive to a peace treaty between us and North Korea. He's said many other things on that website that make me question his ability to remain in office.

He needs to stop complaining about that book and address the people of Hawaii directly. He needs to put in his two cents worth re. what happened yesterday. That he doesn't make me wonder even more about him.

You can not like the DNC all you want, but you've been brainwashed by a DNC/Hillary talking point that has no basis in fact. WW3 isn't gonna start with a tweet. I realize this must disappoint you, since you're a WW3 fetishist, but it's just not the way things are in the real world. Try to come to terms with it.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

a reply to: face23785

I stand by my conclusion that the 37-38 minutes it took to get the information out that it was a false alarm was intentional.

Local News could have had the info out in minutes -- even if the *automatic* cell phone alert system was somehow unable to be used -- which is laughable.

Am I supposed to believe that when a Flash Flood or Tsunami warning is issued, it takes 38 minutes to send a cell phone alert because the system was used recently to send out another alert?

Just send an alert that says, "False Alarm."

If you want to believe the system was somehow critically unusable and going through some *manual* method would take 30 minutes or so...go ahead. I just can't do it.

We have to agree to disagree on this.

Also, for anyone thinking the 37-38 minute gap was intentional, like me...I found the comments on the Hawaii Governor's FB page to be so interesting: David Ige

ETA: I love the guy that left this comment to the governor: "I’m opening a lawsuit against you sir."

So much more polite than I would be.

That's fine, you can believe something that has no basis in reality just because you want to feel like you're in the know. That's sadly the state of conspiracy theories these days. Any current event, just make something up that's contrary to the "official story", whether there's any real indication of it or not, and hold on for dear life. Bang, you're in the know. Congrats. Your position is based on simply wanting something else to have happened so you can feel important. My position is based on my first-hand knowledge of having worked for the government. This was much more likely to be an accident. Enjoy your fairy tales.
edit on 15 1 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join