It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catherine Deneuve Says Men Should Be "Free To Hit On" Women

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Then again thinking back to that party girl. If a guy were to approach her with something as rude, and crude as "Nice t@ts" he's just as likely to get jumped as slapped. I think guys need to learn how to look up. Hear that guy's, if you're going to come on to a woman, look her in the eye. You can look down as you approach, but when you get there look up.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I do have a question that may be a little off topic, and PLEASE don't read anything more info this. It is solely for my own education. Lady's when you put on your tightest LBD is that to attract male attention, or just because? Again please don't make that more than it is...

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Yes, I want male attention. I want to be admired.

It feels good to be seen as attractive. I didn't ever go out to pick up for a night, but always wanted to enjoy a conversation with someone. I set the boundaries. As a young woman, I always wanted to be the best looking woman in the place.

Even as a woman in my forties, i still want to look good...I make an effort just because I think it shows politeness to everyone you meet. Male and female.

a reply to: MikeA

edit on 10-1-2018 by selfharmonise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I can certainly appreciate a woman's looks, brains, skills, etc. A good woman makes me a better man because left to my own devices--I will do stupid stuff. I *need* the perspective of a woman to help keep me from hurting myself

Just because a woman makes an effort to look good does not mean she's inviting guys to play the pick-up game. Most men are visually driven, so when all the right things combine in their brains (personal concept of hotness), they do dopey stuff and later blame it on things like 'animal behavior', etc. But that is a lame cop-out.

It's the ultimate sign of weakness: poor self control.

Dudes! If you need to put your hands on flesh, play it safe: go home and abuse yourself--not another human being. That is reprehensible.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

She is only one person and speaks only for herself and seems to have missed the most important issue here, the inequality of power and perhaps subsequent abuse thereof. Why doesn't she think women should have the last say or a choice in the matter? Tell tale of her psyche, maybe?
edit on 01CST05America/Chicago02850531 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: selfharmonise

It feels good to be seen as attractive. I didn't ever go out to pick up for a night, but always wanted to enjoy a conversation with someone. I set the boundaries. As a young woman, I always wanted to be the best looking woman in the place.

Even as a woman in my forties, i still want to look good...I make an effort just because I think it shows politeness to everyone you meet. Male and female.

As a woman in my 30's, I just don't understand this "dressing for attention" mentality, and never have. Will the world stop turning or the universe cease to exist or something if you don't flaunt/tease? No? Then what's the point? What's the benefit gained here from dressing sultry/sexy/trashy if it gets you absolutely nothing in return?

I've never understood why clothing and make-up seem to be the crux of what should make women feel good about themselves. They're not permanent changes, and they don't fix any mental problems (self-esteem, etc) Once the face paint rinses down the drain and the skin-tight shapewear gets tossed aside, you're back to the same old You that you evidently don't like much in the first place, because you went & covered it all up/sucked everything in to fit the shapewear.

That's my take anyway. I'd rather just be as-is Me than be fake for a few hours. There's no lasting pleasure in faking anything.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Thank you. For everyone one else, again that was just me asking a question, nothing more. TruthRocks I'll just quote my wife. Behind every good man stands a woman rolling her eyes and shaking her head, and a mother-in-law saying told you it would work.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MikeA

Thank you. For everyone one else, again that was just me asking a question, nothing more. TruthRocks I'll just quote my wife. Behind every good man stands a woman rolling her eyes and shaking her head, and a mother-in-law saying told you it would work.

Again, just one or two opinions - not speaking for the majority.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

As a woman in my 30's, I just don't understand this "dressing for attention" mentality, and never have. Will the world stop turning or the universe cease to exist or something if you don't flaunt/tease? No? Then what's the point? What's the benefit gained here from dressing sultry/sexy/trashy if it gets you absolutely nothing in return?

I've never understood why clothing and make-up seem to be the crux of what should make women feel good about themselves. They're not permanent changes, and they don't fix any mental problems (self-esteem, etc) Once the face paint rinses down the drain and the skin-tight shapewear gets tossed aside, you're back to the same old You that you evidently don't like much in the first place, because you went & covered it all up/sucked everything in to fit the shapewear.

That's my take anyway. I'd rather just be as-is Me than be fake for a few hours. There's no lasting pleasure in faking anything.

At the risk of sounding creepy, you sound like my kind of woman. I enjoy the outdoors and have always been attracted to women who do as well. You just can't do all that extra stuff on a 3 day hike. That said I will look at the woman in the LBD.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
Many men will not want to work with women in fear of being accused of something.

We did have the perfect solution to this problem about five of more decades ago.

We had girl schools, and boy schools.

We had male professions, and female professions.

We never heard of sexual harassment, under the old system.

Then, some people started screaming for "equality" to have men and women studying and working in the same jobs and at the same locations, as if there was no difference between male and female.

So, schools became "co-ed", and workplaces became "co-ed",

and now..once again..we are seeking a solution.

Just turn back the clock, and the problem solved.

edit on 10-1-2018 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: grey580
Many men will not want to work with women in fear of being accused of something.

We did have the perfect solution to this problem about five of more decades ago.

We had girl schools, and boy schools.

We had male professions, and female professions.

Then, some people started screaming for "equality" to have men and women studying and working in the same jobs and at the same locations, as if there was no difference between male and female.

So, schools became "co-ed", and workplaces became "co-ed",

and now..once again..we are seeking a solution.

Just turn back the clock, and the problem solved.

#Timetomoveforward

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MikeA

originally posted by: Nyiah

At the risk of sounding creepy, you sound like my kind of woman. I enjoy the outdoors and have always been attracted to women who do as well. You just can't do all that extra stuff on a 3 day hike. That said I will look at the woman in the LBD.

If I was hiking and living off the wilderness, I still could pretty myself up with berry lipstick and burdock root face powder and wash myself all over with birch leaves. Doesn't mean I'd do it for anyone.
edit on 01CST05America/Chicago03250531 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

And that was certainly because it didn’t exist; and not because it did, it just wasn’t looked at as being inappropriate.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

And that was certainly because it didn’t exist; and not because it did, it just wasn’t looked at as being inappropriate.

Were you there at the time?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

There is so much that I resent about the #metoo *movement.*

I don't know that Deneuve captures my particular thinking with hers, but I welcome every woman's opinion (as long as it's not purely from a place of politics or bullied out of them) and I understand why so many women are not dazzled and grateful for this #metoo stuff.

Many, many women & girls have reported sexual assault, rape, and sexual harassment, right away--- long before the #metoo movement. We never felt like we couldn't speak up until a celebrity decided to speak up first and *pave the way.* Other factors may keep women from speaking up...but the fact that celebrity actresses kept quiet is pretty much a non-factor.

Gah...I really hate the way that female celebrities have treated these issues to make their #metoo movement happen. It makes me feel exploited because I see how it's politically motivated and executed.

It's personal to me. Not political.

Good for all the women that have come forward with their genuine accusations...I don't mean to slight them in any way with my thoughts on the #metoo movement. But, I am a rape survivor who reported it, right away, and the man who raped me went to prison for two life sentences. I was 15 years old and the year was 1986.

I also reported an incident of sexual harassment once and was fired the next day. I sued my employer who settled out of court (the court encouraged mediation and a resolution out-of-court). That was in 2001.

Celebs dealing with similar issues had nothing to do with any of that. By making it political, they cheapen the cause, IMO...a cause that is important to me.

edit on 1/10/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I don't know that Deneuve captures my particular thinking with hers, but I welcome every woman's opinion (as long as it's not political, too) and I understand why so many women are not dazzled and grateful for this #metoo stuff.

Many, many women & girls have reported sexual assault, rape, and sexual harassment, right away--- long before the #metoo movement. We never felt like we couldn't speak up until a celebrity decided to speak up first and *pave the way.* Other factors may keep women from speaking up...but the fact that celebrity actresses kept quiet is pretty much a non-factor.

Gah...I really hate the way that female celebrities have treated these issues to make their #metoo movement happen. It makes me feel exploited because I see how it's politically motivated and executed.

Good for all the women that have come forward with their genuine accusations...I don't mean to slight them in any way with my thoughts on the #metoo movement. But, I am a rape survivor who reported it, right away, and the man who raped me went to prison for two life sentences. I was 15 years old and the year was 1986.

I also reported an incident of sexual harassment once and was fired the next day. I sued my employer who settled out of court (the court encouraged mediation and a resolution out-of-court). That was in 2001.

Celebs dealing with similar issues had nothing to do with any of that. By making it political, they cheapen the cause, IMO...a cause that is important to me.

It is in no way political, I just don't know where you get that from.

Bringing it forward in any way is the absolute best way to deal with any problem, let the communication begin.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

I don't know that Deneuve captures my particular thinking with hers, but I welcome every woman's opinion (as long as it's not political, too) and I understand why so many women are not dazzled and grateful for this #metoo stuff.

Bringing it forward in any way is the absolute best way to deal with any problem, let the communication begin.

Oh, I don't know...maybe it's the headlines saying Oprah should run for president after her Golden Globes speech? And the polling on her chances for election against Trump?

Maybe it's the popular 'coming forward with allegations' about political candidates in the midst of elections.

Maybe it's the reactionary part of it, to Trump's election.

Maybe it's the fact that women weren't talking about this when it was Obama vs. Hillary or when Sarah Palin was running against Obama. Back when I was talking about it and Democrats were telling me that cause would hurt Obama's cause and his cause was more important.

Maybe it's the blatant POLITICS that is clearly driving so much of it.

Don't pretend that you just don't know where I get it from. You know d*mn well.

edit on 1/10/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Oh, I don't know...maybe the headlines saying Oprah should run for president after her Golden Globes speech?

Maybe it's the popular 'coming forward with allegations' about political candidates in the midst of elections.

Maybe it's the reactionary part of it, to Trump's election.

Maybe it's the fact that women weren't talking about this when it was Obama vs. Hillary or when Sarah Palin was running against Obama. Back when I was talking about it and Democrats were telling me that cause would hurt Obama's cause and his cause was more important.

Maybe it's the blatant POLITICS that is clearly driving so much of it.

Don't pretend that you just don't know where I get it from. You know d*mn well.

What you make up in your mind, is only in your mind.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Likewise, it's only in your mind that this serves some noble or helpful purpose and isn't exploitative, political, ham-handed, and harmful.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I have never harassed anyone but I must say long live Catherine for standing up to the bull#, and saying what we all know in our hearts, that a lot of things are just Nature and of course I deplore all kinds of abuse and harassment, but a simple flirt, or a simple smile, or question about lunch or dinner, is the natural courting act.

This society is painting itself into the corner of not having any sex and not being anyway human because no sex will be had because they will all be ball-less, estrogen-less, spine-less freak-outs thinking that at any moment a law suit for harassment will come upon them because they like a girl they work with, or a boy they saw in the corridor of the next office.

This shi% is ridiculous.

So I applaud Catherine.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join