It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catherine Deneuve Says Men Should Be "Free To Hit On" Women

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MikeA

Yeah, back when I was in college in the early to mid 90s, a girl was wise to take care of herself as much as she could. That meant you didn't go get falling down drunk at frat parties unless you had friends who would watch your back and sometimes not even then.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

ya, but the guys need to accept that it's just as dumb to take advantage of the passed out women. and, for some reason I doubt if they were using safe sex... they opened themselves up to not only the possibility of getting some kind of std but also the possibility that they might get zapped with years worth of child support payments.

is 18-21 years of child support really worth a round with a passed out women???

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I don't think anyone is excusing the guys in this, but at what point do we absolve the young woman of her responsibility to herself because of what they did?

She did the drinking, and she passed out in an irresponsible way, and while they does not give them carte blanche to then rape her, at some point, we have to acknowledge that she was also irresponsible in her own way.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

Thats why women will always be crazy and men will always be dogs. I'll forever howl at the moon in front of the insane asylum without apology

The thing is most women will give subtle hints(usually with a certain look) at when its ok for a man make a passionate move, the problem is most men dont know how to pick up on these clues and assume the women are flirting when in reality shes only trying to spare feelings.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear

Thats why women will always be crazy and men will always be dogs. I'll forever howl at the moon in front of the insane asylum without apology

The thing is most women will give subtle hints(usually with a certain look) at when its ok for a man make a passionate move, the problem is most men dont know how to pick up on these clues and assume the women are flirting when in reality shes only trying to spare feelings.

Then maybe women need to stop being subtle and just say go away. Lol

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

you seem to have missed the message I was trying to convey....
weather or not she sees the stupidity in her actions in no way absolves the men of the real life consequences of their own.
I have three sons, and I sure as heck made sure that they know of all the possibilities they open themselves up to when they abuse their sexuality... what the other person does or doesn't do doesn't matter in the least bit when it comes down to it.... it's your life, you are free to screw it up any way you wish really... but it's better to be smart...

and ya know what... I have had fainting spells since I was a teenager off and on... I don't really need any alchohol to pass out. it comes quite naturally to me sometimes. so, how does one tell if one passes out because they drank too much, or if they passed out because their blood sugar got out of wack???
or are they both equally as stupid for putting themselves in a position where they may pass out and be taken advantage of by equally stupid men???

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I get it! It's all their fault even though she was equally a moron. Men are just evil, horrible, terrible creatures and women are nothing but virtuous, good, kind, and above reproach and absolutely cannot be counted on to take care of themselves by your own admission.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

no, you didn't get it....
in today's world, men would do well to protect themselves from this kind of crap!!! it's just as dumb for guys to take advantage of some passed out women than it is for the women to put themselves in that position!!
I ain't placing blame on anyone, but looking at how life is.... the repercussions of abusing your sexuality, acting stupidly with it weather you are a female or a male isn't worth the brief pleasure you might enjoy. if you don't know the man, women well enough to at least know you could accept being connected to them for 18-20 years, wait till you find someone you can see in that position with. and you tell me, does a women who is out partying till unconsciousness really sound like someone any man would want to be the mother of their children???

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I get it! It's all their fault even though she was equally a moron. Men are just evil, horrible, terrible creatures and women are nothing but virtuous, good, kind, and above reproach and absolutely cannot be counted on to take care of themselves by your own admission.

That is the trap. It's hidden and only sprung when it is either convenient for her or actually warranted.

But she has no obligation to clearly make it known to anyone but herself.

Yeah. That makes sense.... /sarc

What is so wrong about a woman openly stating, calmly, I am not interested, or just "no"? Instead a violent reaction is the only recourse?

Please. I guess it's fine if a woman comes on to me, and I don't like it, I am free to knock her out too?

edit on 1/9/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

No, you are taking the classic position that guys shouldn't take advantage, but everyone already knows that. To rape a woman is a crime. Quite aside from your talk of being hit by child support for taking advantage, any guy who does it is committing a legal crime punishable by serious hard time.

But just like most people know better than to walk through the wrong places by themselves at night; most women should know better than to place themselves in compromising positions so its easy for men to rape them too.

No, of course, that doesn't excuse any crime against their person, but most sensible people do whatever they can to lessen their personal risk in reasonable and sensible ways too.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Since we are making laws for everything these days, why not make some New laws for how we are to behave together.

In the future i see women getting charged for flirting because she is being Nice, forth comming and supportive at her work Place. She will be accused of sexual harrasment because she will be doing something that is very naturual to her..... Like being her self.

She will not understand her charges because she did nothing wrong. But the New laws wont care..... Laws dont have human feelings or human understanding.

Since we want to create this kind of culture between Our self. I see a dark age for women. I actually see a very dark age for all sexes.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

She's old school.

The fems are killing romance.

It's all tech, PC and lawyers now.

Compatibility tests, anyone?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MikeA

originally posted by: StratosFear

Then maybe women need to stop being subtle and just say go away. Lol

They ARE saying go away, they are just alot nicer about it until you cross a line. There are many weak egoed guys that cannot handle rejection so they continue to press the chase, this is weak and needy behavior and an absolute turnoff to alot of women. If you learn how to understand women, especially the body language and the eyes, then they are not as subtle.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

and yet, it's quite possible that a women just might find herself in a position where she has to walk down that dark ally in the middle of night, she might find herself having to walk down that dark lonely road....
so, as much as you go on about personal responsibility, it doesn't change the fact that the women should be able to safely walk down that lonely dark road!!!
just like, a very sober women could pass out at a party, or walking down that dark lonely road, or whatever.... because of a medical problem, in which case, the proper action would be to get her medical care not rape her and then gripe about her lack of personal responsibility!!!

but, this is an argument that has been going on forever, and will continue to....
and quite frankly, totally neglects the fact that the men who would take advantage of such a situation is showing an equal amount of a lack of personal responsibility, if not more!!!

and, I wasn't just talking about rape with that.... I was talking about how men and women think about sex in general...

edit on 9-1-2018 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

ya, but the guys need to accept that it's just as dumb to take advantage of the passed out women. and, for some reason I doubt if they were using safe sex... they opened themselves up to not only the possibility of getting some kind of std but also the possibility that they might get zapped with years worth of child support payments.

is 18-21 years of child support really worth a round with a passed out women???

All I have to say is that people have been taking advantage of other people since the dawn of time, it's certainly not a new concept. Either a person is responsible or they are not, its a choice.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

What part of rape is a crime do you not get? Society at large already agrees with you, so do I. But the fact remains that no matter how much society agrees will not change the fact that there are and will always be those who will take advantage.

Wishing that we live in a perfect world will not make it so, and pretending it is and absolving yourself of all responsibility to understand reality won't change that fact.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

rape is a crime, really, it is?? couldn't tell that looking all those rape kits sitting around waiting to be processed!!!
hey I know, women can just start wearing super tight jeans, because according to one crazy italian judge, you can't be raped wearing super tight jeans.
I have no problem accepting my responsibility... but acknowledging that responsibility never protected me from finding myself having to occasionally making a night time run on foot to the store, or having to walk down the lone country road if the car broke down. it just makes me wonder, if something had happened during those times, which it almost did once.... would I be listening to lectures about me being personally responsible when quite frankly, my kid's needs were also my responsibility!!
and, I have to wonder, just who is dumber and not fully aware of their personal responsibility, the women who happens to pass out at a party, or the man who decides it's such a brilliant idea to plant their seed into the passed out women... and, there is no indication in the story that was told about the passed out girl that she was filing any rape charges, matter of fact, she says it was a great party!!! so, well, she finds out she is pregnant, asks around finds out who the assaulter was and low and behold, nine months from now he gets a court order for a paternity test and hello child support nightmare!!! after all, once the baby is in the picture, he's more valuable out of jail than in, isn't he???

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
yes, that's what I'm all about mate

that Catherine lady......she's a real sport....she really goes you know

well do you have any votogaphs....nudge nudge wink wink she's a real sport

she really goes

are you rrandyy, baby

edit on 9-1-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Finally some fricking sanity! Yes she is 100% correct of course, it is a witch hunt and it is destroying peoples' lives on mere accusations, and many of the accusations really aren't even that bad at all.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I'm glad I'm too old for this BS.

It's a different time now. Seems like a different dimension too.

Back in the day, a hot car was an aphrodisiac. Some of you might remember that.

Money has always been.

2 vids.

A tale as old as time...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join