It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catherine Deneuve Says Men Should Be "Free To Hit On" Women

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

and some are that bad....
but, let's just discount them all as a witch hunt, right???

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
There is actually alot of truth in her statement.

Unfortunately, rape does exist. It's going to be a bumpy ride for awhile. Men may shy away from approaching an attractive woman and a woman may miss out on meeting a desirable man. We will suffer lost relationships.

Perhaps, given time and reflection, a new respect will emerge and it will be easier to discern between attraction contacts and disgusting behavior-and the lies used to hurt one another.

Here's hoping for a better future in the respect between men and women.

Here is hoping for a better future.

I would hope that if either of the sexes are attracted to someone , they would use courtesy and a little dignity in letting that be known to the other. What ever happened to asking someone out on a date .. whatever gender you are.

Good post by the way !

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The French lady gets it, no need for any grains of salt there.

In general, a minority of level-headed women being the exception here, the best advice I can give men straight from the female horse's mouth (mine) is simply to not trust women at ALL for now. There is far too much abusive & wanton manipulation going on regarding baseless accusations & ruined lives to be worth it. It's gone far beyond "standing up"for something and is boob-deep in "milking it for retribution" territory.

Put it this way -- when other women don't trust the "sisters" & point out why (see above), it's a huge red flag that you should heed, posthaste. For the time being, it's much wiser to protect yourselves than risk getting fired or charged with something because you flirted with someone, or the customer took the friendly conversation the wrong way.

2010's women. Not even once, man, not even once. Maybe 2020's women, if they stop the malicious bulls#.
edit on 1/9/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: CB328

and some are that bad....
but, let's just discount them all as a witch hunt, right???

Way to haul out the hyperbole. Nobody is saying all accusations are unfounded. But, what ever happened to saying a simple, "no thank you", "I'm not interested", "stop"????? According to you, the first response is to knock them to the floor with no advanced warning. How is that right at all? Fact is, it isn't, and I think you know that.

As I have repeatedly stated, if openly told (not with a "look" or a subtle piece of body language) that the attention is unwelcome, and THEN it continues, it is legally harassment. That goes for any action, whether sexual or not. But it seems that some women like to play the "no, but I really mean yes" game, and throw these subtle hints. Then get upset when they back off and stop the attention. Admit it, it happens with many women, perhaps not you, but you do not represent all women either.

Guess what, the reality is not everyone gets hints or body language. So, why muddy the communication when the outcome is very bad??? Seriously, I honestly do not understand why that is acceptable?

All it takes is one single accusation, whether true or not, the bring out the lynch mobs of the social media court to completely ruin a person. Whether later found false it is irrelevant, the damage is done. Nobody hears the truth after the fact. It is slowly becoming a "boy cried wolf" scenario. Sooner or later, real sexual harassment and rape charges will be ignored because of this witch hunt mentality.

That, IMO, is the most egregious aspect of this whole movement.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I didn't make up the "steal a kiss" or "pin to the wall" bit, it was part of the initial op. then someone brought up the butt grabbing...
well, sorry, but if someone I don't know very well pins me to a wall trying to steal a kiss, or whatever, my first thought is gonna be am I about to be raped and I would act accordingly...
I've made it pretty clear to you enough times that simple conversation is fine by me... and you know danged well that I am not talking about simple conversation with this...
I am talking about taking the liberty of actually invading what I consider my personal space... physical contact...
I also know that I wouldn't have sent any kind of message to anyone indicating that I would be interested in such physical contact... so ya, pin me to a wall...well, you best hope there isn't anything around me I can use as a weapon!

heck, I've got someone hitting on me the past few days now, and I've already explained to him that I haven't gotten over the lose of my husband yet, I ain't ready for anything romantic, no thank you...
and guess what, he's still hitting on me!!! just what do I have to do to get the message through his head, be rude, obnoxious, mean and hateful??? if the guy cared one once about me, he'd realized that I just ain't emotionally ready, and if he cared more about himself, he'd realize any relationship that he could coax out of me would be not that healthy for him... but nope... not a chance!!!

and who in hades name actually things that grabbing a women's butt is a way of showing affection???

edit on 9-1-2018 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
if you are a left leaning woman or even come remotely close to being a social justice clown I totally avoid all contact with you

can't risk it

I'm a libertarian which is a lot like a constitutional conservative (not christian conservative or muslim conservative) and my rugged individuality will break the mind of a fragile liberal

also when I go to the gym or to the places I frequent like the grocery store I just totally avoid women there incase one of them is a nutjob

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I don't touch anybody.

That's a shame because you are missing out my friend!
Big time.
Get with the program.
Nature will guide you now get busy.
Good luck!

[ I don't often play life coach but when I do it's in defense of nature and acting naturally as human beings. We belong on this planet in every way and soon as we forget or disregard that fact we lose sight of something important something vital within ]
edit on 9-1-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
also when I go to the gym or to the places I frequent like the grocery store I just totally avoid women there incase one of them is a nutjob

"Just in case"?

Dude. We women are all 100% basket-case nutjobs, just on a sliding scale, lol.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

well you may not like it but you would be surprised by how many women play this weird and what I would consider stupid game of cat and mouse

they say no and it really means yes

tons of women do it and it's this fricken twisted stupid game I never liked, now I just don't play it told old for that now

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

yeah I know which is why at a place I frequent I just avoid it unless someone is just so awesome I can't resist, which now in my 30's continues to become more rare

I've been waiting for people to mature to have a decent relationship but I guess I'll have to wait until late 30's from what I can see to have anything decent
edit on 9-1-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

...and who in hades name actually things that grabbing a women's butt is a way of showing affection???

In some cultures, that is a compliment. Who are you to say what is acceptable to others and what is not? You aren't, that is the truth. With the globalization mixing of cultures in full swing the last 8 years, how is it surprising this type of culture clash happens?

And again, forced attention is wrong. That person you mentioned, whom you openly told you were not interested in is harassing you.

SO, report it!

Or will you wait for 10 years to make the claim?

Put up or shut up comes to mind. If you feel that strongly, then file charges against them now, while it is happening. That is how it is supposed to work.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

well, women who have been raped experience a sort of.... I don't know... discrimination I guess? I get why they don't always say something.

There's a whole lot of monkey brained dbag guys out there trust me. They are why I became a professional fighter cause i really got sick of their # and ended up loving the sport

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

well, women who have been raped experience a sort of.... I don't know... discrimination I guess? I get why they don't always say something.

There's a whole lot of monkey brained dbag guys out there trust me. They are why I became a professional fighter cause i really got sick of their # and ended up loving the sport

Oh, I know there are a lot of scumbag guys (and girls) out there. Which is why it is imperative that charges are filed immediately. Otherwise, how could she live with herself knowing if something happens to another woman, she may have stopped it if she spoke up about the harassment.

I know it can be difficult, and scary. But, the alternative of being the persistent victim and then blaming the next unawares guy for the scumbag's actions is perpetuating the problem and spreading it further.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I'll be dead in ten years...
but, like I said I can take conversation, and I am a very patient person...
sooner or later, he will get the message, no need to report anything unless he gets physical....
and I also can easily avoid him.,..

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I agree with your sentiment but I also understand where they are coming from

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I'll be dead in ten years...
but, like I said I can take conversation, and I am a very patient person...
sooner or later, he will get the message, no need to report anything unless he gets physical....
and I also can easily avoid him.,..

What if he is also hitting on someone else you do not know about? And, that ends badly? When you might have prevented that by reporting him for harassment? See, it works both ways.

You cannot eat your cake and have it too.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

why women might chose to just remain silent about stuff...

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

why women might chose to just remain silent about stuff...

Why it is wrong to receive money for falsely reporting sexual assault.

I fixed that for you.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

but, I don't see any indication that it would end badly...
just a consistent nagging ....
of which, I can get progressively sterner in my answers....
maybe we have different meanings when it comes to hitting on or different meaning on what harassment is I don't know. but I don't see it reaching that level....
I just brought it up to point out that a simple no, not interested doesn't seem to get through to some people.
besides, his position in society, it probably wouldn't be a good idea....

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

first it's my understanding that the money that some of these women received were for them to have additional security because they were getting death threats?? and second, prove to me that all the allegations were false!!!
but, like I said, yep, it's just a witch hunt, no need to take any of them seriously....
not even the one that only 14 years old who was sexually fondled by the creep.... nope all lies...
just like all of those with trump were all lies... even though there was a young girl in that group also and heck, there was even him telling us he did crap like this in his own words!!!
and now you are surprised that women are coming out of the woodwork telling their stories!! well gee, seems to me that is was made pretty clear to us just how acceptable some seem to find this behavior...

edit on 9-1-2018 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join