It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catherine Deneuve Says Men Should Be "Free To Hit On" Women

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: InTheLight

No thanks. You go ahead with that.

I'll vote for whatever third party candidate is polling highest.

But, if Oprah wins...at least she will be the first president in nearly 20 years whose voice doesn't make me roll my eyes. And I loved her in The Color Purple. I like Oprah even if I resent the media and Hollywood selecting our presidents and candidates.

I can live with Oprah because I survived GWB, Obama, and Trump.

We all need a jolt of advancement, who gives that to us, I don't know.

They won't be running, whoever it is.

I hope you will consider that the best thing you can do with your vote is to give it to a third party. All they need is 5% to topple the two-party system.

Check the polls in your state the night before the election. If one of the two party candidates is easily going to take your state, no matter how you vote...then cast your vote for whatever third party candidate is polling the highest.

To me, that's the greatest good I could ever achieve with my vote for U.S. president: ending the two-party system.
edit on 1/10/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

No thanks. You go ahead with that.

I'll vote for whatever third party candidate is polling highest.

But, if Oprah wins...at least she will be the first president in nearly 20 years whose voice doesn't make me roll my eyes. And I loved her in The Color Purple. I like Oprah even if I resent the media and Hollywood selecting our presidents and candidates.

I can live with Oprah because I survived GWB, Obama, and Trump.

We all need a jolt of advancement, who gives that to us, I don't know.

They won't be running, whoever it is.

I hope you will consider that the best thing you can do with your vote is to give it to a third party. All they need is 5% to topple the two-party system.

Check the polls in your state the night before the election. If one of the two party candidates is easily going to take your state, no matter how you vote...then cast your vote for whatever third party candidate is polling the highest.

To me, that's the greatest good I could ever achieve with my vote for U.S. president: ending the two-party system.

You don't know me, I am not American, I am for humanity. My vote will be for the betterment of humanity everywhere.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

do you really believe we should vote for Oprah?

Simple yes or no question.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

do you really believe we should vote for Oprah?

Simple yes or no question.

She must first put forth her proposals for our betterment, then I can give you an answer. But, Ophrah may not be in the mood to be President.

link   
a reply to: dawnstar

i agree with you 100% and failed to see how you reached your strange reply from my posts.

link   

you did not answer the question. If she was running, would you vote for her? and why?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I am not American, I am for humanity. My vote will be for the betterment of humanity everywhere.

Oh. So your opinions on the state of women's issues and the laws that protect women in the United States are based on pure media & celebrity-inspired crap, after all.

Vote for Oprah? You vote for Oprah for president of everywhere.

Bleh.

edit on 1/10/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Women are going to have learn that in this climate, playing hard to get won't work as well because many men will stop at one rebuff out of fear now. Maybe that is a good thing, just remember why it is happening.
edit on 10-1-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I am not American, I am for humanity. My vote will be for the betterment of humanity everywhere.

Oh. So your opinions on the state of women's issues and the laws that protect women in the United States are based on pure media & celebrity-inspired crap, after all.

Vote for Oprah? You vote for Oprah for president of everywhere.

Bleh.

Nope, never said that...you mind is working overtime on ATS, I see. If you want to know, me ask.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

*crickets*
now all the feminists aren't responding

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MikeA

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: selfharmonise
Yes, I want male attention. I want to be admired.

It feels good to be seen as attractive. I didn't ever go out to pick up for a night, but always wanted to enjoy a conversation with someone. I set the boundaries. As a young woman, I always wanted to be the best looking woman in the place.

Even as a woman in my forties, i still want to look good...I make an effort just because I think it shows politeness to everyone you meet. Male and female.

a reply to: MikeA

As a woman in my 30's, I just don't understand this "dressing for attention" mentality, and never have. Will the world stop turning or the universe cease to exist or something if you don't flaunt/tease? No? Then what's the point? What's the benefit gained here from dressing sultry/sexy/trashy if it gets you absolutely nothing in return?

I've never understood why clothing and make-up seem to be the crux of what should make women feel good about themselves. They're not permanent changes, and they don't fix any mental problems (self-esteem, etc) Once the face paint rinses down the drain and the skin-tight shapewear gets tossed aside, you're back to the same old You that you evidently don't like much in the first place, because you went & covered it all up/sucked everything in to fit the shapewear.

That's my take anyway. I'd rather just be as-is Me than be fake for a few hours. There's no lasting pleasure in faking anything.

At the risk of sounding creepy, you sound like my kind of woman. I enjoy the outdoors and have always been attracted to women who do as well. You just can't do all that extra stuff on a 3 day hike. That said I will look at the woman in the LBD.

Thanks, it wasn't creepy at all, my husband shares the sentiment -- we're also outdoorsy folks ourselves and you're very right about not being able to do the "extra" stuff in the outdoors. Even just a day in a park doesn't leave room for it. Well, I suppose if you're desperate & insecure enough, you can, but it comes at the cost of time -- it's the same waste of time out there as it is indoors. Add up the time it takes to slather on a full "face", and periodic touch-ups & that's a lot of time wasted when it could have been better spent exploring the wilderness or connecting with the person/people with you.

But I suppose it's at least a useful benchmark to weed out the superficial people who put more emphasis on the importance of temporary facades than on experiences & company in life.
edit on 1/10/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

*crickets*
now all the feminists aren't responding

There are no feminists here.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

because there doesn't seem to be much being discussed in this thread that I would refer to courtship??
neither would I consider the stories I have read by those who are making the allegations meet what I would call courtship.
it seems that while half of us are talking about the actions that were described in the allegations, the other half are wanting to pretend that just asking a girl out to dinner is gonna get you in trouble and then pointing to those who chose to speak out about their unpleasant experiences and of course the evil feminists as being the problem....
but, I have three adult sons, they've had plenty of dates, they have had plenty of female coworkers, they have female friends.... they have never had any accusations against them...
of course, they treat others with respect... they would never pin someone they recently met, or worse, don't know to a wall in attempt to steal a kiss... or anything like that. they aren't out clubbing and having one night stands either.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: chris_stibrany

because there doesn't seem to be much being discussed in this thread that I would refer to courtship??
neither would I consider the stories I have read by those who are making the allegations meet what I would call courtship.
it seems that while half of us are talking about the actions that were described in the allegations, the other half are wanting to pretend that just asking a girl out to dinner is gonna get you in trouble and then pointing to those who chose to speak out about their unpleasant experiences and of course the evil feminists as being the problem....
but, I have three adult sons, they've had plenty of dates, they have had plenty of female coworkers, they have female friends.... they have never had any accusations against them...
of course, they treat others with respect... they would never pin someone they recently met, or worse, don't know to a wall in attempt to steal a kiss... or anything like that. they aren't out clubbing and having one night stands either.

Yeah, well, Dawnstar, we know you would raise your boys respectful of everyone, same as I. Others are not so fortunate.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

you ever think that a women might have good reason not to jump at your come on???
ya know, she's going through an emotional time
maybe she lost someone close to her
maybe she is already involved with another person.
maybe she just wants to concentrate on her studies....
if rejection sends you guys running away in fear.... then I think the problem is with yous, not the women...

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

sex symbol.

A smart sex kitten. Before I awoke in this mandela universe I was "engaging" her. I meant engaged to her.

from the link

she said last year, referring to the #MeToo hashtag. “After ‘calling out your pig’ what are we going to have, ‘call our your whore’?”

She is a clever woman.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

sex symbol.

A smart sex kitten. Before I awoke in this mandela universe I was "engaging" her. I meant engaged to her.

from the link

she said last year, referring to the #MeToo hashtag. “After ‘calling out your pig’ what are we going to have, ‘call our your whore’?”

She is a clever woman.

Power.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Man that was some heavy lifting. Was it the axe or PMT behavioural inconsistencies that sealed the decision to split?

LOL

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

She will not understand her charges because she did nothing wrong. But the New laws wont care..... Laws dont have human feelings or human understanding.

Interesting take. With the increasing fertility crisis of men ( xenoestrogens? ) it would seem its part of some depopulation agenda.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MikeA

Lady's when you put on your tightest LBD is that to attract male attention

Are you sure you're as old and done the whole going out dating stuff as you've mentioned? I'm starting to wonder as most men in any form of long term relationship have by now figured out that women dress for other women.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join