It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catherine Deneuve Says Men Should Be "Free To Hit On" Women

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: InTheLight

Likewise, it's only in your mind that this serves some noble or helpful purpose and isn't exploitative, political, ham-handed, and harmful.

Absolutely not. Now that the problem is brought forward it's now time to analyze and correct problems within our society.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: grey580
Many men will not want to work with women in fear of being accused of something.

We did have the perfect solution to this problem about five of more decades ago.

We had girl schools, and boy schools.

We had male professions, and female professions.

We never heard of sexual harassment, under the old system.

Then, some people started screaming for "equality" to have men and women studying and working in the same jobs and at the same locations, as if there was no difference between male and female.

So, schools became "co-ed", and workplaces became "co-ed",

and now..once again..we are seeking a solution.

Just turn back the clock, and the problem solved.

thats ridiculous.

I thought you were a student of history.

Did not the temples in Egpyt (cue your avatar) have priests and priestesses working in tandem?

Did not the Celts in Europe have female warriors battling aside male warriors, and the females having the right to divorce the males first?

How educated are you?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I have never harassed anyone but I must say long live Catherine for standing up to the bull#, and saying what we all know in our hearts, that a lot of things are just Nature and of course I deplore all kinds of abuse and harassment, but a simple flirt, or a simple smile, or question about lunch or dinner, is the natural courting act.

This society is painting itself into the corner of not having any sex and not being anyway human because no sex will be had because they will all be ball-less, estrogen-less, spine-less freak-outs thinking that at any moment a law suit for harassment will come upon them because they like a girl they work with, or a boy they saw in the corridor of the next office.

This shi% is ridiculous.

So I applaud Catherine.

Catherine may have led a life of power due to her looks...everything given to her and she protected by those that would get rich by her. Let's not put too much credence where it may not exist.

Sex within society needs to be an individuals choice and if you think that is happening you too are deluding yourself.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

what exactly are you saying or rebutting?

You are making no sense.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

what exactly are you saying or rebutting?

You are making no sense.

What don't you understand about it being an individual's choice?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Likewise, it's only in your mind that this serves some noble or helpful purpose and isn't exploitative, political, ham-handed, and harmful.

Absolutely not. Now that the problem is brought forward it's now time to analyze and correct problems within our society.

The problem was not suddenly brought forward. VOM!

It's been known, understood, and continually addressed for a very long time -- by NON-CELEBS.

That is why I had the courage to report rape at age 15 -- and deal with all that it entails -- feeling confident that the law was on my side and it was the right thing to do. I had two sisters that encouraged me. A mother that encouraged me.

Please. Celebs did not bring this problem forward.

Ordinary women and girls brought this problem forward. Thank them. The laws and legal remedies have been in place long before the #metoo movement.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

It's been known, understood, and continually addressed for a very long time -- by NON-CELEBS.

That is why I had the courage to report rape at age 15 -- and deal with all that it entails -- feeling confident that the law was on my side and it was the right thing to do. I had two sisters that encouraged me. A mother that encouraged me.

Ordinary women and girls brought this problem forward. Thank them. The laws and legal remedies have been in place long before the #metoo movement.

The laws and remedies have been moving at a snail's pace. With celebs (with power) coming forward the courts and laws will equalize and be brought into the 21st century, hopefully...more of us are aware and watching now. It is now a serious movement...now we have social media.
edit on 01CST06America/Chicago00960631 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

thanks for clarifying.

I never said it wasn't an individuals choice.

However, we aren't talking about SEX. we are talking about courtship and harassment in this #ed up day and age.

Get the difference?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

thanks for clarifying.

However, we aren't talking about SEX. we are talking about courtship and harassment in this #ed up day and age.

Get the difference?

No, grabbing someone as a way of showing you are interested in them, is sexual harassment. If you want to get to know someone what is wrong with asking if they will go out on a date with you? Yes we are talking about sex...via dating and chemistry and getting to decide what you want at the time.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

thanks for clarifying.

Get the difference?

No, grabbing someone as a way of showing you are interested in them, is sexual harassment. If you want to get to know someone what is wrong with asking if they will go out on a date with you? Yes we are talking about sex...via dating and chemistry and getting to decide what you want at the time.

when the hell did I talk about grabbing?

what exactly is your point?

Catherine said we need to chill on the freaking out. yes I agree that 'grabbing' is inappropriate, but a subtle touch of the knee, a little foot touch, or something, is all natural.

If you freak out from someone tapping your shoulder I pity you.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

to be honest you come off as someone less than 20 who is totally freaking out about the world.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

to be honest you come off as someone less than 20 who is totally freaking out about the world.

Ah, that post proves you are so off base, but we will keep on keeping on.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

The laws and remedies have been moving at a snail's pace. With celebs (with power) coming forward the courts and laws will equalize and be brought into the 21st century, hopefully...more of us are aware and watching now. It is now a serious movement...now we have social media.

What?

No.

Please do tell me where the laws have failed women on reporting rape, sexual assault, and sexual harassment over the last, say, 30-40 years?

And tell me what the #metoo movement is doing to strengthen the laws?

You are seriously feeding into celeb egos here and at the expense of ordinary women who actually deserve the credit.

Pure politics. Women are made political pawns, again. Whoo hoo.

Like I said, neolib feminists didn't want to talk about women's issues back in 2008 when Hillary and Sarah Palin were running against Obama.

Now it serves their political purposes. Women are exploiting other women and they expect to be patted on the back for it.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

thanks for clarifying.

Get the difference?

when the hell did I talk about grabbing?

what exactly is your point?

Catherine said we need to chill on the freaking out. yes I agree that 'grabbing' is inappropriate, but a subtle touch of the knee, a little foot touch, or something, is all natural.

If you freak out from someone tapping your shoulder I pity you.

Cath is speaking about something she may never have experienced. By the way, did anyone check to see if she has her wits about her?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

What?

No.

Please do tell me where the laws have failed women on reporting rape, sexual assault, and sexual harassment over the last, say, 30-40 years?

And tell me what the #metoo movement is doing to strengthen the laws?

You are seriously feeding into celeb egos here and at the expense of ordinary women who actually deserve the credit.

Pure politics. Women are made political pawns, again. Whoo hoo.

Like I said, neolib feminists didn't want to talk about women's issues back in 2008 when Hillary and Sarah Palin were running against Obama.

Now it serves their political purposes. Women are exploiting other women and they expect to be patted on the back for it.

Vote for Oprah!

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

So what is your agenda in all this?

Your motive?

I agree with her with saying we need to allow men to keep flirting.

Do you agree with that?

Would you get freaked out if someone said you were pretty at work ? Or they liked your boots?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

So what is your agenda in all this?

Your motive?

I agree with her with saying we need to allow men to keep flirting.

Do you agree with that?

Would you get freaked out if someone said you were pretty at work ? Or they liked your boots?

My boots were made for walking. Many men say they like me at work, it's all fun and games until someone grabs me or rubs their genitals against me. Taxi!

The other side of life (or gender) is the road less traveled and I've traveled many roads.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

No thanks. You go ahead with that.

I'll vote for whatever third party candidate is polling highest.

But, if Oprah wins...at least she will be the first president in nearly 20 years whose voice doesn't make me roll my eyes. And I loved her in The Color Purple. I like Oprah even if I resent the media and Hollywood selecting our presidents and candidates.

I can live with Oprah because I survived GWB, Obama, and Trump.

ETA: If Oprah runs on a thrid party ticket. I will vote for her.

If she runs as a Democrat, I would never vote for her and will consider that proof that the #metoo stuff and her speech are motivated by purely partisan reasons.
edit on 1/10/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

No thanks. You go ahead with that.

I'll vote for whatever third party candidate is polling highest.

But, if Oprah wins...at least she will be the first president in nearly 20 years whose voice doesn't make me roll my eyes. And I loved her in The Color Purple. I like Oprah even if I resent the media and Hollywood selecting our presidents and candidates.

I can live with Oprah because I survived GWB, Obama, and Trump.

We all need a jolt of advancement, who gives that to us, I don't know.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

so, how does a man wake up in bed with a minor in the morning after a fun night of drunken clubbing???
most of the allegations for sexual harassment/ abuse that have been brought forth that I have heard of I wouldn't qualify as being courtship. I fail to see how someone's hand creeping up the women sitting next to them on a plane as being courtship... they are strangers. I don't see how this kind of stuff happening between coworkers through the work day as being courtship. and I don't see grown 30+ year old men fondling 14 year old girls' privates as being courtship!!!
courtship means two people meeting, getting to know each other, evaluating weather the relationship is worth growing into something more meaningful...... treating each other with respect....
not.... oh hi, your hot, want to jump in bed with me?? what's you name by the way??

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join