It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catherine Deneuve Says Men Should Be "Free To Hit On" Women

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
a reply to: shawmanfromny

*crickets*
now all the feminists aren't responding

There are no feminists here.

Speak for yourself.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

psyche

Or maybe she' s lived in an enlightened French society that has few hangups and men and women having lovers whilst married is an acceptable social practise.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

The laws and remedies have been moving at a snail's pace

Bullsnip - what your gripe is with people in position of power not being jailed at the mere hint of an accusation. The laws have been there for a long time.

With celebs (with power) coming forward the courts and laws will equalize

So you're advocating that laws be "pressured" to change by public opinion of a small group influencing lawmakers?

Lawmakers are supposed to represent the views of the electorate not pander to the flavour of the month movement and rush to legislation.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

By the way, did anyone check to see if she has her wits about her?

ah...the old psych evaluation at a distance fallback.Shows how your'e easily led by the flavour of the day meme. You go down that path then you may one day be judged and found guilty by your TV viewing habits.
Pre-Crime.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I am with her, for her upfront in our faces views.

As a guy, I really don't care ... because if I was single (I am not) but if I was, it would be my choice to hit on women, or not. And ... honestly, I would not hit on all women, but would definitely hit on some women, of my own choosing.

That is the pursuit of happiness part of my inalienable human rights

I promise though, that I would not cross any lines of anyone else's freedom, and I would definitely not start out by grabbing anyone in the pussy. I just don't do that ... never have. Yet. Wtf.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

"By the way, did anyone check to see if she has her wits about her?"

ah...the old psych evaluation at a distance fallback.Shows how your'e easily led by the flavour of the day meme. You go down that path then you may one day be judged and found guilty by your TV viewing habits.
Pre-Crime.

It's called the 'nuts & sluts' attack and people use it all the time to try to shut women up. They are trying to capitalize on the misogynistic idea that women are either too 'unstable' or too 'slutty' to have worthy opinions.

It's especially pathetic when people who claim to be for women use it against women they disagree with.

edit on 1/10/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

No hanging matter.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Yep - normalizing evaluations by public opinion - led to hysterectomies - male doctors "treating" women who dared to speak up. "she's hysterical!" for their own good of course.

I fear for the whole of human society.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Dogs hit on women too.

Proves and hitting on women is natural and engineered design.

It's universal.

Lots of videos on youtube showing all sorts of animals hit on women.

Strange enough, these animals mostly leave men alone.

What is it about women, that make them universally considered targets for sex from all species?

When are women going to complain about all the harassment they get from the puppy generation?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH
Dogs hit on women too.

It's universal.

What is it about women, that make them universally considered targets for sex from all species?

When are women going to complain about all the harassment they get from the puppy generation?

I am not following....or I think I am not.

Can you explain more specifically?

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Dogs hit on women too.

It's universal.

I am not following....or I think I am not.

Can you explain more specifically?

A pic is worth a 1000 words...watch at time: 3:03 min, to see a dolphin leap out the water and sexually attack a woman..

if you watch the whole video, you'll "get it".

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Woman hit on me often...
So I’m pretty sure I can do the same if I wish.

Pick your targets wisely is what it boils down to.

edit on 11-1-2018 by GreenGunther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

We never heard of sexual harassment, under the old system.

And that was certainly because it didn’t exist; and not because it did, it just wasn’t looked at as being inappropriate.

Were you there at the time?

Sorry, wasn’t aware I needed to “be there” to know my history.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

I think this is going to hurt women.

Many men will not want to work with women in fear of being accused of something.

yeah yeah. I know how that sounds. If they aren't doing anything wrong they have nothing to fear.

However I'm starting to hear professionals doing this. Not wanting to work with women in fear of if they have to work late or be alone they'll get accused of something.

Unintended consequences.

This is true.

I have a personal example of this.

A woman I work with sent me a friend request on Facebook (I accepted), then messaged me asking me if I would like to go hiking after work with her (I also accepted this invitation) because she knows I'm an avid hiker and she is too.

This woman is very attractive, and I'm not going to lie, I hope something more comes from it simply because we have a lot in common beyond liking to walk in nature.

However, I have been careful to keep all our messages in case it turns into a situation where she claims I was sexually harassing her. There was a day where that thought would never have entered my head over something so trivial as asking me out for a hike. I would never keep messages for self protection, nor even think that would be an issue. Today however, it's better safe than sorry.

Sad state of affairs, I tell you.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

yeh there are creeps everywhere who dont know the first thing about social interactions for whatever reason
and they tar the rest with that creep brush. One man hits on a girl and does it in a creepy way, she tells all her friends men are pigs etc.
One woman acts strangely in front of a man, and gets branded a bunny boiler etc

What I feel the feminist movement fails to acknowledge is there are a large proportion of females on this planet
that do get enjoyment out of domination, sexual objectification , and enjoy the attention they get from males who throw them looks or , interact with them and say naughty things . Now im not saying this is normal , maybe they are over sexualised or maybe they arent and they just have a high libido , thing is we are all the same but individually different in our own ways.

Women like sex and sexual ineractions just as much as men , I mean they can have multiple orgasms , we can just have one every half hour or so (give or take 10-15 minutes either way , time varies depending on male age), to say females dont like sexuality or advances of men is just daft. Some of them thrive on that

I mean do feminists just ignore this part about female sexuality ?
There are women out there who are far more perverted than men and vice versa

I mean some of the things my fiance comes out with would probably give my grandmother a heart attack

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

I agree in a sense that its better to be safe than sorry , but how pathetic and sad that its got to this point where a normal interaction , its already difficult enough for humans to find love in this sea of people , that you have to protect yourself from any possible negative outcome.

Im wathcing a show called atypical about a kid with autism and he wants to start dating , and its already bad enough for him not being able to read social interactions, but then to have to deal with the complex multi faceted awe inspiring being that is the human female and try to understand all the tiny nuanced super detailed things we need to pick up on.

I feel for you mate, are you going to just be friend zoned because you are too afraid to show interest in that way for fear of A: rejection , B: prison sentence, C: social exile, the list could go on for ages.

its really #ing sad that we are making something that is already infinitely difficult to master , and turning it into a a living hell !

I feel sorry and im saddened to know that children will have to navigate this minefield , which has just had an extra 12 billions mines added to it

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

My point is that there used to be a line between those two things. That line is disappearing.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

We never heard of sexual harassment, under the old system.

And that was certainly because it didn’t exist; and not because it did, it just wasn’t looked at as being inappropriate.

Were you there at the time?

Sorry, wasn’t aware I needed to “be there” to know my history.

Well, I was "there" and it was inappropriate in my view and other girls I talked it over with. It appears our definition of what is inappropriate differs; grabbing/touching that is unwanted and unsolicited is inappropriate.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
law of unintended consequences, Young women have already complained about a lack of men to get serious with.

If trying for a kiss, or asking out on a date can end up costing a guy his career more men will turn to sex dolls, and professionals to scratch the itch.

as the score stands now, if a guy gets divorced in most states he is screwed even if he caught her committing adultery, and now a guy can lose his career over an accusation no proof needed.

Yup I expect young women are going to have an even harder time finding a real man in the future.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
If guys can’t read women’s body language then they deserve to be embarrassed when their clumsy pass is rejected

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join