It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catherine Deneuve Says Men Should Be "Free To Hit On" Women

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I completely agree , people who lack the ability to control their emotional states or states of mind
or cant over come their mindstate and carry out actions which are immoral or criminal certainly need to face the full consequences of their actions without exception

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

I completely agree , people who lack the ability to control their emotional states or states of mind
or cant over come their mindstate and carry out actions which are immoral or criminal certainly need to face the full consequences of their actions without exception

Or seek/accept help to overcome/understand what is considered inappropriate behaviour within society.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

So no means no in a sexual situation yes I agree no arguement there what so ever !

but does no mean no in a general interaction, you say that as though you have never experience anyone playing hard to get

how many times ive asked a girl out because I have to go out with the girl of my dreams (at that time)
until she eventually despite her better judgement gives in to my advances and says yes to going on a date with me .

How many times have you been knocked back from asking someone out , to one day when they suddenly just say yes ,
either to shut you up , or they feel sorry for you, or hey whats the worst that can happen, or hey maybe they are really nice on the inside, or they are kind of cute really despite what my girls all think.

this is every day life for males and females, although girls have more chance of a yes from men than a no , compared to women being asked out . Well at least in my limited experience
edit on 11-1-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Yeh as long as they have a support structure there to help them, yet again a lot of people don't have that support , family are absent , friends are non existent , neighbours are unfriendly etc

So where do they take their clues and help from. THE INTERNET ( you see where the problem lies hahahaha )

link   

So no means no in a sexual situation yes I agree no arguement there what so ever !

but does no mean no in a general interaction, you say that as though you have never experience anyone playing hard to get

how many times ive asked a girl out because I have to go out with the girl of my dreams (at that time)
until she eventually despite her better judgement gives in to my advances and says yes to going on a date with me .

How many times have you been knocked back from asking someone out , to one day when they suddenly just say yes ,
either to shut you up , or they feel sorry for you, or hey whats the worst that can happen, or hey maybe they are really nice on the inside, or they are kind of cute really despite what my girls all think.

this is every day life for males and females, although girls have more chance of a yes from men than a no , compared to women being asked out . Well at least in my limited experience

Asking someone out for a date opposed to making sexual advances verbally and/or physically are two separate enchiladas.

link   

Maybe it was the stutter that had me mocked incessantly for years while I was going through speech therapy and I developed this as a coping mechanism.

But pretty much my entire life nobody takes anything I say seriously, I can be as blunt rude or obnoxious as I want to be and people laugh.

I am guessing it is something I started doing in my delivery because of the stutter (I do not know), this leads to women typically not taking me serious when I was trying to date.

I lost count of the number of times a woman laughed and said no, only to come back weeks later and try to apologize to me in private because they thought I was kidding.

My point with that anecdotal evidence is even when I did ask I was not getting real information it was more games women were playing.
So it is not so simple as just asking for some people.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Yeh as long as they have a support structure there to help them, yet again a lot of people don't have that support , family are absent , friends are non existent , neighbours are unfriendly etc

So where do they take their clues and help from. THE INTERNET ( you see where the problem lies hahahaha )

The internet can help if they know where to look, and if they truly want to help themselves.

Inappropriate Contact: Touching or contact that is not suitable for time and place. Often used to describe either workplace touching or extra-marital touching. This term should never be used to describe an adult touching a child.

Sexual Abuse: A general term used to describe the infliction of some sort of sexual activity upon a person who has not given consent or is incapable of giving such consent. This can be used to refer to sexual abuse of persons who are differently-abled, a child, or an elder person.

from The National Centre for Victims of Crime

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

yes thats what Im asking you about , sexual advances aside ?
I completely agree with you on this subject
Do you agree that no in this instance is not a NO but a possible yes at a later date depending on how the following days unfold

Are they not teaching this in school anymore , social interactions , sex ed , are people aware of this in todays youth , or is it just we are dealing with the last round of old school creeps before we get rid of these beasts for good ?
it seems that humanity is going through a huge shift in our consciousness we are all changing and its waking everyone up to it and we are taking accountability and calling people out for their abuse.

see life is so complex and so simple its baffling for everyone and generally speaking older people are aware of this but no one will listen to them because they are old.
WHat could the older generation possibly teach the youth of today.
A lot by the looks of things eh !

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

It really is that simple for people without communication issues, such as yours. Why not to deliver your invitations in another manner if the one you are using is not working for you?

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Yeh thats half the battle knowing where to look , some people are so lost , and we are all so caught up in our own # we are forgetting to be compassionate towards each other and help one another right the wrongs of the world.

Anyways best get back to work , have a nice day Light !
keep shining

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I was speaking specifically about my teenage years in highschool , college etc sorry i didnt clarify that sorry!

I am happily engaged and to be married by 2020
and have been engaged since 2008
we just want to make sure we are growing together before making a super commitment, and it seems right now we are both sure !

hahaha just ignore this I thought you were replying to me , READ WRITE ERROR!

aww man

edit on 11-1-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Krakatoa

Advocates violence - do you really want to take a chance with someone like me, who would just assume lay you out than put up with your crap on weather or not you are "hot" in my book???

------------AND-------------

WHY she advocates violence - I am not that little girl sitting in the bar as my mom tended bar anymore force to put up with the drunks stealing kisses...

The latter is more than telling WHY you advocate the former.

I am guessing some counseling may be in order to help you obtain a normal relationship. I am also guessing many bad things happened around that bar when you were younger?

Just a couple of observations, please don't punch me in the throat.

Dorian Soran

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

yes thats what Im asking you about , sexual advances aside ?
I completely agree with you on this subject
Do you agree that no in this instance is not a NO but a possible yes at a later date depending on how the following days unfold

Are they not teaching this in school anymore , social interactions , sex ed , are people aware of this in todays youth , or is it just we are dealing with the last round of old school creeps before we get rid of these beasts for good ?
it seems that humanity is going through a huge shift in our consciousness we are all changing and its waking everyone up to it and we are taking accountability and calling people out for their abuse.

see life is so complex and so simple its baffling for everyone and generally speaking older people are aware of this but no one will listen to them because they are old.
WHat could the older generation possibly teach the youth of today.
A lot by the looks of things eh !

I'm not understanding the scenario you are trying to paint.

If I am asked out on a date and I want to get to know that person better (for whatever reason I have in my mind at that time) the answer will be 'yes' to going on a date, and same for susbsequent dates. Then it's up to both parties to communicate to find out what each person wants from the other. Then new questions need to be asked and answered.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

You too and congratulations on finding someone to share your life with.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Sorry i didnt clarify I was still in the mind frame of the worlds youth and how they interact , because Ive been watching that show about the young guy with autism and dating.

So for younger people its not as clear cut as for adults as adults tend to know what they are looking for in a partner.
However once more not all adults have that in their mind either, some people dont even know who they are as adults and its confusing .

I understand as an adult you will probably know what you are looking for in a partner by your 30's having been through relationships some good some bad and now you know what you want from a partner.

As for the kids well they just are lost in the sea of cluelessness ! with possibly a star or two to help navigate

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

If young people are lost in a vacuum within society, of course they will have a more difficult time navigating not only relationships but almost everything out there. It's a tough world.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Apologies, got off on an old but very sore subject for me.

A big part of my problem with the ever changing definitions stems from my time in the military for 20 years I have been in male dominated career fields.

Early on we had 1 female crew chief, we treated her like everyone else to start till one day she decided to be offended, so all the guys were forced to sit through what would be called sensitivity training now a days.

After that we decided to remove the risk and just not talk around her, so she complained to our bosses and we got yelled at for not including her in our shenanigans.
we litterally had no right answer, yelled at for being ourselves, and yelled at for trying to police ourselves.

Now sexual assault no tolerance, I do not think any guy has a problem with that, but there are people losing their jobs over a harrasement claim alone and it really should take more than a claim to cost someone their career. Cause being fired over something like that especially in todays day and age good luck getting work again.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Apologies, got off on an old but very sore subject for me.

A big part of my problem with the ever changing definitions stems from my time in the military for 20 years I have been in male dominated career fields.

Early on we had 1 female crew chief, we treated her like everyone else to start till one day she decided to be offended, so all the guys were forced to sit through what would be called sensitivity training now a days.

After that we decided to remove the risk and just not talk around her, so she complained to our bosses and we got yelled at for not including her in our shenanigans.
we litterally had no right answer, yelled at for being ourselves, and yelled at for trying to police ourselves.

Now sexual assault no tolerance, I do not think any guy has a problem with that, but there are people losing their jobs over a harrasement claim alone and it really should take more than a claim to cost someone their career. Cause being fired over something like that especially in todays day and age good luck getting work again.

Did you ever think that one of your guys did offend her in some way? So, she chose not to be silent about it and just wanted it to stop immediately via training. So, after that it appears you guys decided to ostrasize her instead of having her back. Would you all do the same thing on the battlefield?

From what I have been seeing lately, when one harassment claim is made, many others follow suit. Then action is taken.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Right , its about all or nothing it cant be we are all in it together until a woman comes along and speaks out

you either have her back at all times or not at all

I can see where irishhaf is coming from , but at the same time one of those guys might have been inappropriate and she thought "hang on , I thought we were family" , she maybe felt betrayed like you dont have her back at base or out in the theatre of war
so she decided to speak out and it correct everyones behaviour , I mean guys will pull the pack mentality when sticking together , so maybe one guy did take the piss and offended her and didnt say anything for fear of rejection from the rest of the squad but she thought why are my family treating me this way?

all it takes is for one person to speak out and give strength and courage to others to do the same!
whether male or female people need to speak up and take action and also people also need to take accountability for their actions in the past instead of hiding the truth. No matter how damaging because keeping it inside is hurting you and others.

I mean dave chappelle recently spoke on this about whole weinstein scandal , louis CK etc , hollywood in general , and he is totally right , that we need to speak up and take account

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Great post.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join