It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catherine Deneuve Says Men Should Be "Free To Hit On" Women

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: InTheLight

I get that in our little microcosm in this moment, but what I said is the truth in the larger scheme of things.

A guy is not to be taken at his word, and a woman is to be believed no evidence matters.

The way its supposed to work is , you have an accusation followed by an investigation, followed by evidence is produced or a corroborating witness then you get to punishment.

We have men right now whos careers have been destroyed whos names have been permanently tarnished on an accusation alone and that is not right.

If there is an investigation and evidence of wrongdoing is proven then I do not care who it is prosecute them. (yes that includes trump)
But we need to knock off the tabeloid style charecter assasination without even knowing if there is any evidence.

Grrrr if we are talking about rape girls probably don't even know what goes on on the other side of things, and i don't know if that's the subject just cuz I am really uncomfortable reading anything here because I know I will have an opinion and that is just another testament to how women and men have different standards because on subjects like rape, abortion, morning after, etc. I have this inherent guilty feeling that nags away at the back of my mind in that I feel it is inappropriate for me to voice my opinion on such matters as a guy and I bet there are women out there who would be offended even if I didn't share it but simply had the audacity to even formulate an opinion in my mind about a woman and her body.

But back to the if we are discussing rape thing...it is totally out of control the willingness girls exercise throwing around that word during the time my friends and I were around 16 to 25 years old.

The worst scenario is my best friend since we were younger who was arrested for rape and I just knew him too well to even imagine him on his worst behavior being capable of forcing anyone to do anything much less a girl to have sex with him.

Long story short I was his only support as he opted for a trial and was on the fast track to lose until a stroke of genius on his part led to his pointing it a forensic impossibility right out of an episode of law and order svu that I can't get into here on ats since its vulgar no matter how you phrase it but she immediately burst into tears and started apologizing to her boyfriend across the court who was immediately angered realizing and having her admit to this judge that she seduced him then was instantly terrified her boyfriend would find out or sense it so she went home and acted as if she was just violently raped by him.

She showed regret to her boyfriend and all but not once did she, her lawyer, the seemingly biased judge, the arresting officers, or anyone else ever show that they appreciated or understood how until that moment he had zero chance of winning that case, it wasn't even possible, you could feel it in the air, that he was telling the truth and every assertion he made to his innocence was seen as just one more insult added to his already heinous crime.

For quite some time after, he would always sell the two of us as a packaged deal (and hell we were both adorable back then and both worked tirelessly on our physiques so it wasn't a bad deal or anything loll)...which was both effed up in the head but also understandable that he would want his friend there too for "encounters" and geez was he lucky it always ended up with all three voicing the fact it had been really entertaining and fun but normally that would be one ugly proposal or crutch to need and quite twisted but also understandable since he was one brilliant thought away from losing his life as he knew it, coming out of prison in his thirties a sex felon, limited to crap work and unable to date without any former friends...so I don't know if there really was a right or wrong way to come out of that and face things again. We grew much closer I guess and had fun and luckily after less than a year he met his wife but what a position to put me in or for him to be in all for her to keep some guy she was seeing a few months and didn't end up with in the longrun...would she have recanted when they broke up three months later as he faced ten more years in prison? I doubt it..

Actually I won't even worry about the other stories but I will just say I am as introvert and antisocial as they come and even I had 4 or 5 friends during that decade whose risked being destroyed or WERE when I can assure you it was girls who got caught cheating and their way out was to cry rape and one of those times it was a girl who confided in all her girlfriends who had her back and then eventually confided in me too, leading me to end up a monster to the girls too, all because I told her she WAS NOT RAPED and saying she had better rethink pushing the issue if what she was saying was that my buddy who took her out kept buying her drinks, long islands at her request, and who took her to his house where she had some beers then slept with him. In her mind she saw him as guilty because he knew she had been drinking and kept giving her more and even though she was a willing participant, he raped her knowing that her ability to make sober decisions and her safeguarding inhibitions were impaired. To women this is rape, to men it is not. I can see it, maybe not as rape, but a guy really being inappropriate and scummy if he takes a girl out and puts drink after drink in front of her while staying sober himself then judging her loosened up taking her home. But this was dinner, multiple clubs SHE wanted to go to, he paid big bucks for, she met friends at and did shots with, and he was doing the same thing and they both went home ess-faced. But had it gone anywhere, especially to trial, you could tell that he was guilty and needed to prove his innocence instead of vice versa but that was a big catch 22 cuz suggesting it was anything but rape is just a lying rapist downplaying his rape and committing further abuse and damage denying it...at least to everyone on there outside looking in. It starts right from the arrest, you are a criminal and it works best for you to accept what she says and not make yourself a target by having a conflicting story especially if in your story you are innocent and she not so much.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

A guy i knew from highschool was accused of rape by a girl he was dating , this was in second year in highschool so he was 13 and she 12

it was later proven she was lying , but man it tarred him for the rest of his teenage years until she finally had to admit it to authorities that she had made up false claims to hurt him. Everyone in school of course is talking about it for months and there was a huge thing about rape and sexual misconduct etc and we were literally lectured on it for months after that incident.
He never really got over that in school , he was branded for it and I havent seen him in a long time , but even into his adult hood people didnt trust him or drew him shady looks etc , despite the girl actually admitting her false claims were made up to punish him for something he'd said to another girl.

I dont know what would drive someone to be cruel enough to rape, possibly many things, and I dont know what would drive someone to make false claims knowing full well that it would ruin their entire life
I can see why it was said because teenagers often dont think of the consequences of their actions until its too late.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Yep.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

cant get mad not touching, I hear friends is also under fire now from the left as its homophobic and sexist

it was made in the 90's
being gay was a novelty to straight people in the 90's but people have learned , and 20 years later the show is taking hits
well so it seemed, everyone was excited to have a gay friend just to be cool
just wait until they put cannibal holocaust on netflix lets see the youth freak out over that

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I can't imagine how'd they handle Blazing Saddles.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

ahahahah , wow !

yeh never thought of that

I dont get , surely they know that it was made during a time when things werent as forward thinking?
surely they know that right , I mean its not even in HD format and not even widescreen

so you are going to ban friends ?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Blazing Saddles - they would blow a fuse!

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

maybe what the world needs is more mel brooks films to sort this mess out

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Amen to that. But think of the OFFENSE he might cause! I just thought about it, actually, and it would be all good.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

One super offensive movie to end all offensive movies, surely someone has to tackle this in movie format , the whole freedom of speech thing, and mel brooks should do it !

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

I can't imagine how'd they handle Blazing Saddles.

I read somewhere that mel brooks said he could never make that movie in todays Hollywood.

So I would guess it would be met with epic levels of hysteria.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

How about something really offensive to religious beliefs like "Life of Brian" but this time not about Christianity but, I don't know, some other mainstream religion, perhaps?

Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Richard Pryor must be crying somewhere.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Threats and attempts on their life would be my guess.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Gawd I wish him and carlin were alive right now, watching the lefts heads explode when they both stood up in defense of the president because of free speech would have been epic.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

like that would bother pryor, that dudes life was mad from the jump
raised in a brothel and later set himself on fire
Id imagine he wouldnt sweat a death threat , he was a black man in america after all

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
Apparently she's never been punched in the face by a man...

Talk about flawed logic.
So she needs to be punched by a man to offer any insight into this?

She was probably never assaulted because she didn't associate with horrible men in the first place.
Did you ever think about that?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

When it comes to a 74 year old woman wanting guys to hit on her and suggesting that they should also keep at it, I do wonder at her mental competence and societal programming, but not in a discriminatory way, just a questioning way.
edit on 01CST04America/Chicago01240431 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

When it comes to a 74 year old woman wanting guys to hit on her and suggesting that they should also keep at it, I do wonder at her mental competence, but not in a discriminatory way, just a questioning way.

I wonder if you give the same benefit of the doubt to others who make comments that could easily be viewed as discriminatory.

"That 74 year old black man makes a stupid argument that I disagree with. I wonder if he's educated?"

Would you give a person making that statement the benefit of the doubt you expect for yourself?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: InTheLight

When it comes to a 74 year old woman wanting guys to hit on her and suggesting that they should also keep at it, I do wonder at her mental competence, but not in a discriminatory way, just a questioning way.

I wonder if you give the same benefit of the doubt to others who make comments that could easily be viewed as discriminatory.

"That 74 year old black man makes a stupid argument that I disagree with. I wonder if he's educated?"

Would you give a person making that statement the benefit of the doubt you expect for yourself?

Not in this case, because she is also denouncing Twitter and Instagram. What next? She seems to have some new found need to have her opinions broadcast all over social media. If I ever become famous and start denouncing one thing after another after being out of the public eye for decades, then I would expect someone to notice and comment. Just like we all do when Trump takes to his Twitter, and his mental competence is always being questioned.

Denueve seemed nonplussed, whatever the cover would be. “I hope it’s funny at least, even if it’s a bit nasty,” she said, shrugging. Lesson No. 5 on how to be like Catherine Deneuve?

"Let them call you fat, as long as they're funny"

www.vulture.com...

I don't think I will let them. She is from a different planet from me.
edit on 01CST04America/Chicago03440431 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join