It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catherine Deneuve Says Men Should Be "Free To Hit On" Women

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

It's just easiest to cut to the chase and point out that feminists are their own worst enemy, not men. They ruin their own Cause through hysterics, asinine demands, piss-poor treatment of others and blatant hypocrisy.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight
That's the neat thing about the military if you hang around long enough you will run into people again.

Ran into her a few years later at a school, we chatted I don't hold grudges for most things so I asked the question what the heck happened back then.

She told me she handled things badly, she wanted the princess treatment but also to be treated like one of the guys. So when things were not going the way she wanted she complained about a joke she had heard a number of times without complaint. What she did not expect was the military reaction of punishing everybody in the shop even if they were not on shift when it happened.

Then she got freaked out by people treating her differently and went to her supervisor who had to react because of the previous complaint which again got everyone in the shop in trouble.

That is why there needs to be things like evidence, and investigations before we throw people off a cliff because of a misunderstanding.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I will take that with a grain of salt.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Haha figured you would, and that's the problem with things at this moment.

Guy relates something he went through, its take it with a grain of salt...

Woman relates something she went through and its we must believe them no matter what, and her word is good enough.

No rational discussion can happen until we have a consistent approach and right now the approach is slanted in only 1 direction.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Follow the bouncing ball...

Hypnotized..

Mass social engineering has struck its orgasmic apex in the truth of absolute control.

Look over here... It's sickening...
Look over there...it's liberating...

Humanity has been intentionally driven to its last extended extremes.

...but with good reason I think ...

So many undercurrents that have never been screamed aloud are now having their vocal venting...

But every story had its arc...

And I think before the great COLLAPSE...

we'll have some things to mull over while walking the long road of a civilization abandoned

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Just a few pointless passing thoughts.

Unless a guy is vulgarly describing his desire to perform some sexual act on a woman, I find it pretty sick that even guys who had no intention to repeat it and repeat it, or hound a woman ceaselessly, or touch her but who simply speak giving her a non vulgar compliment are now often labeled as having sexually abused or sexually harassed a woman and it goes as far as...I forget the saying that is going around...but the women who are saying that if a guy even says they look beautiful today, it is the same offense as rape since it doesn't matter how far it was taken physically but the fact that he imposed interest on her that she was not inviting or receptive to. I just learned of this being a regularly repeated thing after seeing it in a handful of feminist fail and cringe YouTube videos last night. Usually I wouldn't even click on a thread with this type of subject but it really infuriated me especially when in the same video a couple times men were being scolded for not being open to dating or voicing interest in transgender women as they would a cis woman and that you don't fall in love with the vagina so there is no reason but bigoted hatred that should exclude someone from your being interested in them when you could just as easily fall for a woman that happens to have a penis...since gender is an imaginary social construct and all.

But yes, madam deneuve put it wonderfully and i would even add to it after hearing my aforementioned argument on YouTube last night, feminists need to go hold a convention and decide everything together unanimously and stop playing it by ear because 1. More than half of what the end up supporting is ridiculousness and rubbish and 2. Its often contradictory and like someone said before, I have seen it a thousand times too. A blushing "feminist" friend of mine batting her eyes and making sure the girls in our company witnessed a hunky guy hitting on her or even being quite vulgar in approaching her when an innocent and polite approach just pumped full of respect by a guy who is not a looker is rejected and punished with humiliation and/or reminded of legal or moral implications. Well feminists you can't have it both ways and you can't be a feminist if you still get your validation from if men pay attention or not. And if not vulgar our pushed on you further, why not enjoy a compliment or a guy who takes an admiring look. It will only last so long and then you will probably miss getting a little self esteem boost here and there when it all dries up....that isn't vulgar I mean the comments away drying up nothing more
edit on 1/11/2018 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Haha figured you would, and that's the problem with things at this moment.

Guy relates something he went through, its take it with a grain of salt...

Woman relates something she went through and its we must believe them no matter what, and her word is good enough.

No rational discussion can happen until we have a consistent approach and right now the approach is slanted in only 1 direction.

It is not that, I would prefer to hear it from the horse's mouth, not your perceived rendition of what happened.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I get that in our little microcosm in this moment, but what I said is the truth in the larger scheme of things.

A guy is not to be taken at his word, and a woman is to be believed no evidence matters.

The way its supposed to work is , you have an accusation followed by an investigation, followed by evidence is produced or a corroborating witness then you get to punishment.

We have men right now whos careers have been destroyed whos names have been permanently tarnished on an accusation alone and that is not right.

If there is an investigation and evidence of wrongdoing is proven then I do not care who it is prosecute them. (yes that includes trump)
But we need to knock off the tabeloid style charecter assasination without even knowing if there is any evidence.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I would also like to point out that not all feminists are men hating lesbians with sand in their collective vaginas!

there are some really level headed feminists who push the boundaries on the equality of the sexes and fair play to them not only that but they fight for the rights of men as well , because without women , we men are nothing and vice versa, its about time we honored that tradition of unity and harmony and stood up for each other. Regardless of all the vile hateful people who speak only because they have to be heard , they dont speak for everyone.
I mean look we went from a poly theistic mother earth worshipping species to a male dominated GOD fearing , women are second class to horses species.
and its taking us how long to reverse the damage done by monotheism

edit on 11-1-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

of course innocent until proven as it should be , however society doesnt operate in that logical and reasonable manner because we have allowed our society to grow faster than we can think about the consequences.

as it should be , but people get socially crippled and judged and damned before setting foot in a police station or courthouse.
Why because people love to judge others to make themselves feel better about their own positions, moral superiority , spritiual superiority , intellectual superiority , all are processes of the ego.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

I get that in our little microcosm in this moment, but what I said is the truth in the larger scheme of things.

A guy is not to be taken at his word, and a woman is to be believed no evidence matters.

The way its supposed to work is , you have an accusation followed by an investigation, followed by evidence is produced or a corroborating witness then you get to punishment.

We have men right now whos careers have been destroyed whos names have been permanently tarnished on an accusation alone and that is not right.

If there is an investigation and evidence of wrongdoing is proven then I do not care who it is prosecute them. (yes that includes trump)
But we need to knock off the tabeloid style charecter assasination without even knowing if there is any evidence.

Or, you may have misunderstood what she meant. It seems to me as she was the only woman in that group that she may have had some mountains to climb.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DorianSoran

how about reading the full post as I typed it instead of selectively picking out partial sentences?

here:

seems to me that they would have been the first to violence if they tried to kiss me or pinned me against the wall???
no touching, unless I agree??? have no problems with words, will gladly tell you I am not interested, but no, you don't steal kisses, I am not that little girl sitting in the bar as my mom tended bar anymore force to put up with the drunks stealing kisses...

let's take the pinning against the wall bit. this might be appropriate to do to someone in a playful manner if you already are in a serious relationship with them, but I really ain't involved with any man at the moment in any serious way.... so yes, if a man pinned me to the wall, I would be going into panic mode practically wondering what his motives were... and if at all possible they'd be laying on the floor...
I think if you read some of the allegations that some seem to be wanting to make out as somehow infringing on their right "courtship" you will find a few cases of women being pinned to the wall by bosses, coworkers, husband's business partners, ect.

now for the stealing kisses bit, better known as the tic tac syndrome... ya know, he just can't help himself, he sees a pretty women and just has to do it, he doesn't even ask.....
and they let him.....

personally, this would trigger a bad reaction because of past experiences... being pinned to a wall would also...
I would consider it an offense, one that might be overlooked if I know the person well enough, but, it doesn't sound like people with the tic tac syndrome care weather the person is a good friend, or a complete stranger.
not to mention the whole thing sounds like it could be quite painful if the stranger ended up being some one who just had some dental work done!!!
Women have the right to protect their own health, both mental and physical...
like one tic tac syndrome sufferer put it...
they just let you do it....
well, it seems that maybe a good slap across the face might be just what is needed to cure them of their mental illness!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I can get fired if I touch a woman's knee in the workplace. I agree that it's completely inappropriate. Why not try picking up women by actually having a conversation with then and then asking them out? Then when you are on the date, you can rub their leg or flirt however you want. Why would you think that grabbing a woman's leg is the right way to ask somebody out? I agree that it often gets blown out of proportion and people can misinterpret signals, but in the work place, you are supposed to work and keep it professional. Any man that can't pick up a woman without touching them first is pathetic. Granted I agree that women shouldn't complain about men staring or being attracted to them if they wear skimpy revealing outfits, but that doesn't warrant grabbing or groping them.

edit on 1 11 18 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: AMPTAH
We never heard of sexual harassment, under the old system.

And that was certainly because it didn’t exist; and not because it did, it just wasn’t looked at as being inappropriate.

Were you there at the time?

Sorry, wasn’t aware I needed to “be there” to know my history.

Well, I was "there" and it was inappropriate in my view and other girls I talked it over with. It appears our definition of what is inappropriate differs; grabbing/touching that is unwanted and unsolicited is inappropriate.

Ok, so you simply misread my reply to another member, you weren’t saying I was wrong.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
a reply to: shawmanfromny

*crickets*
now all the feminists aren't responding

There are no feminists here.

Speak for yourself.

What I meant was the type of feminists that the bashers always refer to (usually all women are put in that category by the usual suspects here).
edit on 01CST12America/Chicago037121231 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH
We never heard of sexual harassment, under the old system.

And that was certainly because it didn’t exist; and not because it did, it just wasn’t looked at as being inappropriate.

Were you there at the time?

Sorry, wasn’t aware I needed to “be there” to know my history.

Well, I was "there" and it was inappropriate in my view and other girls I talked it over with. It appears our definition of what is inappropriate differs; grabbing/touching that is unwanted and unsolicited is inappropriate.

Ok, so you simply misread my reply to another member, you weren’t saying I was wrong.

This is what you posted... "And that was certainly because it didn’t exist; and not because it did, it just wasn’t looked at as being inappropriate."

I replied that I was there and unwanted grabbing/touching existed and was looked at as being inappropriate, by myself and others.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

She absolutely had a mountain to climb, our job was thankless, long hours, physically demanding, with impossible deadlines to keep planes designed in the 1940's flying.

part of the way people deal is inappropriate jokes, giving each other a hard time and bonding through that. She came in wanting to be treated no different till she decided otherwise with no communication to her co-workers which caught us by surprise and we were told by our bosses to suck it up and deal with it.

Backlash was inevitable because she was female we could not handle it the way it used to be done, so minimal communication was the least violent form of retaliation that could happen.

If she had called us on our behavior there would have been griping but folks would have adjusted because she did work hard and was sweating and bleeding right alongside us.

It is what it is, shehada good career and nobody lost their career because of how it went down, but in todays military it could easily kill your career and thats not a good thing to have happen with nothing but an accusation to cause it.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Oh I agree totally, this is a problem that has been building for some time, I am concerned about the inevitable back lash.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

"By the way, did anyone check to see if she has her wits about her?"

ah...the old psych evaluation at a distance fallback.Shows how your'e easily led by the flavour of the day meme. You go down that path then you may one day be judged and found guilty by your TV viewing habits.
Pre-Crime.

It's called the 'nuts & sluts' attack and people use it all the time to try to shut women up. They are trying to capitalize on the misogynistic idea that women are either too 'unstable' or too 'slutty' to have worthy opinions.

It's especially pathetic when people who claim to be for women use it against women they disagree with.

She is from another generation and country from me, where social norms were different. Back then women had no recourse for justice. If she wants guys to hit on her that's none of my affair, she can solicit that behaviour if that is how she gets her kicks, but I am free to disagree with her choice of 'courtship' rituals if I choose and vice versa.
edit on 01CST12America/Chicago043121231 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

My brother was in the military and hung out with the guys and I found his jokes and stories highly offensive to and about women.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join