It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Jedi the racial diversity and gender political empowered movie -spoilers.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

The old books used ships with gravity generators to pull ships out of hyperspace, or prevent them from going into hyperspace. What happen to the old technology?

Oh, it was not conducive to the plot.

Like the Jedi powers that are used only when it’s convenient to further the movie plot.

Such inconsistencies.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: yuppa

I'm still hoping he's Plagueis and that this isn't the first time he's come back.

JJ did say that IX will tie into all the other trilogies so there's that.

The only problem is that Pablo Hidalgo has debunked this, according to him when Sidious killed Plagueis that was the end of plagueis.

For me I would love for snoke to be plagueis or even to turn out to be the dark force wielder known as "the son" we saw in the clone wars. Personally I believe that through cannon its going to be slowly revealed that when Rax and co (and I hope Thrawn) left Jaku to the unknown regions snoke found them or they found him and he is just simply a extremely strong force user who came from there.

Long as chuck wendig doesnt write any more books.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Theprodicalson

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: Spacespider

Maybe the movie was just what it was, with people doing space things?

Yeah # and full of plot holes.

Full of plot holes? Sounds like a typical Star Wars movie to me, or would you care to explain to me how Luke managed to be near completely trained in the ways of a Jedi to the point he could proficiently wield a laser sword (something that should take YEARS at a minimum) at the same time it took Han and co to escape Hoth then get captured by Vader at Bespin?

Thats easy to explain.

The millennium falcon hyper dri e was busted. It could of taken them months to limp to cloud city. And even if sort of working the anti time dilatation on the hyper drive could of been broken and so a few minutes journy for them was months on the outside. Hence why vador had time to get to cloud city and set the trap up.

Plus the combat side of being a jefi seems to be the ""easy" part to learn. Hence why luke got so good so quickly and rey was able to pick a lightsaber up and kick darth emos arse in TFA. Its the mastery over mind that takes decades. Hence why Anakin was refused mastery status even though in one on one combat he was more powerful than everyone sitting on the jedi council with the exception of maybe yoda and windu. And its been stated the jedi only view combat as a small part of what it means to be a jedi.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah and this can go on and on.

Why did Han and the rebels have to sneak onto that force field base in RotJ? Couldn't the rebel fleet have just bombed it from orbit while the Empire's fleet was on the other side of the planet?

Actually not a plot hole.
The shield protected the moon as well as the death star 2.
Hence why they needed the clearance code in the shuttle as it got them through the shield.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Or how about explosions in space?

Parsecs as a unit of time?

Airplane styled fighters like the X-wing making airplane maneuvers in no atmosphere.

I will give you those.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
I'm actually pretty indifferent about all this.

Whether or not they 'ruin Star Wars' is simply not my concern.

I'm focused on things happening right now in our galaxy.

Bet your fun at parties.....

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

yes you are talking about interdiction field that simulates a mass shadow that triggers hyperdrive safety feature and it is cannon because they used it in disneys rebels. but yes they weren't using that because finn took a shuttle and went to hyperspace so why did the fleet not just all chose random vectors and scatter to hyperspace. the writer apparentally knew next to nothing about anything that happened in star wars previous movies . now rogue one was a good movie it was interesting had lots of diversity and fit right in with other movies. hell finn had right idea to leave fleet knowing that on current course of action first order would eventually catch them.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
a reply to: neutronflux

yes you are talking about interdiction field that simulates a mass shadow that triggers hyperdrive safety feature and it is cannon because they used it in disneys rebels. but yes they weren't using that because finn took a shuttle and went to hyperspace so why did the fleet not just all chose random vectors and scatter to hyperspace. the writer apparentally knew next to nothing about anything that happened in star wars previous movies . now rogue one was a good movie it was interesting had lots of diversity and fit right in with other movies. hell finn had right idea to leave fleet knowing that on current course of action first order would eventually catch them.

Yup Rian Johnsen did not do his research.

Intradiction ships are indeed cannon.

That why rogue one was so good. The producer did his research.
And yea rogue one ticked pretty much every diversity box yet hardly anyone complained because it was a good solid movie.

People are moaning about the last jedi because it just wasn't very good.
edit on 24-12-2017 by Theprodicalson because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Theprodicalson

lucas said he liked it. nuff said.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I'm still hoping he's Plagueis and that this isn't the first time he's come back.

The only problem is that Pablo Hidalgo has debunked this, according to him when Sidious killed Plagueis that was the end of plagueis.

For me I would love for snoke to be plagueis or even to turn out to be the dark force wielder known as "the son" we saw in the clone wars. Personally I believe that through cannon its going to be slowly revealed that when Rax and co (and I hope Thrawn) left Jaku to the unknown regions snoke found them or they found him and he is just simply a extremely strong force user who came from there.

To be fair the aftermath books got better as they went on.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

He lost me the moment he used the phrase wibbly wobbly to describe a tie fighter.

Sorry but he wont replace the likes of Timothy Zahn and James Luceno who thankfully got asked to come back to rewrite new books.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

He lost me the moment he used the phrase wibbly wobbly to describe a tie fighter.

Sorry but he wont replace the likes of Timothy Zahn and James Luceno who thankfully got asked to come back to rewrite new books.

Haha!

That is very true!

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

And the transgendered wookie should have eaten that pokemon

Oh man that had me laughing, good one. You made my day

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Theprodicalson

wibbily wobbily timey wimey.

Dr who refrence turned ya off mate?

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Sorry but he wont replace the likes of Timothy Zahn...

He was my sole foray into Star Wars novels and I have to say I was not impressed, I found the ending of the trilogy to be almost laughably cliché.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Im all for movies being very inclusive. But almost everything done in this movie is done for the sake of inclusion. Not for the sake of benefiting the movie. Its just jarring while you watch. They dont even try to be subtle about it.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I agree, snoke set this all up and will be back.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dadbod420
But almost everything done in this movie is done for the sake of inclusion.

Like? Give me an example or two.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Dadbod420

I think it’s bold to assume we know the motivation for whatever casting agent.

Star Wars cast diversely but they don’t mention it.. definitely don’t get preachy..

I dislike when the feel the need to say girlpower or whatever 1000 times..

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dadbod420
But almost everything done in this movie is done for the sake of inclusion.

Like? Give me an example or two.

Blacks! And them filthy womerns!

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
Blacks! And them filthy womerns!

'Filthy women' is redundant.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join