It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Jedi the racial diversity and gender political empowered movie -spoilers.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yeah that Laura Dern scene is pretty damn cool, makes you wonder why no one else in the rebellion has thought to try that out yet. Kamikaze attacks seem pretty dang effective when you throw hyperspace into it if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Lol I think it was the empire that abolished slavery in the cannon.

Slavery had thrived under the Jedi for centuries ATLEAST!!

If only the empire had had a lincoln

Makes you wonder how many of the rebel alliance were mad because they freed their slaves?!?!

edit on 23-12-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

A medium sized plot hole for sure..

Why wasn’t that a consistent “last resort tactic” ..

Great scene though..

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I see a lot of hate for this movie.

I think it comes from a few places.

Firstly I think that a lot of people are just upset that their childhood hero Luke Skywalker is dead, its understandable that for some people they might even be grieving, I cried!

I also think that Star Wars has a bit of a problem, its fashionable to be a Star Wars fan, there are Star Wars fans, then their are guys like me who read every comic and book, are obsessed with wookipedia and can recite the movies almost word for word. I think a lot of people hate on the movie because they think as uber Star Wars fans they are supposed to hate it, yet a lot of big Star Wars fans, actually see it for what it is, a movie about space wizards made for 12 year olds. For me Star Wars is about revisiting my inner child, thats why I am a grown ass dude who spent 4 hours building a lego bb8 last week.

Loads of the same criticism that are being levelled at this movie also apple to the original trilogy, the entire thing could have been avoided if Captain Bolvin just shot down that escape pod. Luke was able to take out the biggest super weapon in the galaxy using the force with only one lesson lasting not even a hour. Leia and Luke kissed (ewww), Ewoks are actually kind of stupid, a army of furbies managed to take out the empire, really?, there is only one black dude in the entire galaxy, who shot first? (it was Han), why the hell does r2 not just speak English

.....Really that hole in the Death Star...pretty convenient until rogue one was released, actually I think if a lot you go back and rewatch a new hope with the same adult mind set you went into the last Jedi with, you would hate it!

The list goes on and on.

My point is that Star Wars is a amazing movie when your 12, because you don't think about all of those stupid things and plot holes. So to really enjoy Star Wars I believe you have to take yourself back in time and be that 12 year old kid again watching a movie about space wizards.

The same stuff happened during the prequel trilogy it got the same kind of criticisms.

The last Jedi, is a good Star Wars movie, not the best, but its a really good movie but if you approach it with the mind of a adult looking of a movie you are going to enjoy as much as when you were 12 well thats just not going to be possible now is it?

edit on 23-12-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
The movie was an utter pile of liberal garbage.

I would not be surprised if they killed off Snoke so they can introduce a new dark lord that looks like a famous President in the 3rd movie - along with some new minority group characters that save the day by killing him.

funny that snoke isnt gone. rewatch the torture scene carefully. kylo was weak in mind control. snoke even closed his eyes because he knew kylos thoughts. Snoke could only ascend to force ghost by violence since sith are powered by hate.

also snoke being a master was a natural enemy to kylo. all sith betray their masters eventually.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I'm still hoping he's Plagueis and that this isn't the first time he's come back.

JJ did say that IX will tie into all the other trilogies so there's that.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: UKTruth
The movie was an utter pile of liberal garbage.

I would not be surprised if they killed off Snoke so they can introduce a new dark lord that looks like a famous President in the 3rd movie - along with some new minority group characters that save the day by killing him.

funny that snoke isnt gone. rewatch the torture scene carefully. kylo was weak in mind control. snoke even closed his eyes because he knew kylos thoughts. Snoke could only ascend to force ghost by violence since sith are powered by hate.

also snoke being a master was a natural enemy to kylo. all sith betray their masters eventually.

That would be epic.

Some kind of plot where the Sith have learned the only way to achieve true power is to have power over the force is to control both the living and cosmic force. Then we have this spiritual (quite literally) battle between snoke and Luke in the cosmic force, as Ray and Kylo fight it out in the living force.

That could be a pretty good plot if they do it right and it might even fix a lot of the problems that some people have with this movie as it would set up a plot along those lines.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

that sounds pretty close to JJs plan id bet.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm still hoping he's Plagueis and that this isn't the first time he's come back.

JJ did say that IX will tie into all the other trilogies so there's that.

The only problem is that Pablo Hidalgo has debunked this, according to him when Sidious killed Plagueis that was the end of plagueis.

For me I would love for snoke to be plagueis or even to turn out to be the dark force wielder known as "the son" we saw in the clone wars. Personally I believe that through cannon its going to be slowly revealed that when Rax and co (and I hope Thrawn) left Jaku to the unknown regions snoke found them or they found him and he is just simply a extremely strong force user who came from there.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I'm hoping it's some Jon Snow-esque BS and he's running cover for the plot.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I liked the OT, disliked the PT, and once I heard that Disney had bought Lucasfilms, I was done with Star Wars. Sad too, because I made thousands upon thousands of dollars making prop replicas to collectors, but Disney ruined SW for me.

I will see the new movie...when it hits DVD...and the DVD is in the "5 nights for $1" section of my local Family Video. I'll watch it, but only to prove to myself that Disney has completely borked Star Wars and should have an airborne intercourse with a rotating dessert pastry.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You do know Star Wars was conceived way before Bush was president.

Works that specifies a specific person politically are dated works and usually crap.

Example:

Beasti Boys, in a world gone mad. Remember that song off the top of your head?

Vs

The song War Pigs. A song about the human condition?

Would you like to cite the strictly Bush metaphors?

Are you even using the word metaphor in a correct manner?

www.grammarly.com...

Metaphor Definition and Examples

Those are the uses of metaphor, and this is the official definition:

A word or phrase for one thing that is used to refer to another thing in order to show or suggest that they are similar
An object, activity, or idea that is used as a symbol of something else
Metaphors are a form of figurative language, which refers to words or expressions that mean something different from their literal definition. In the case of metaphors, the literal interpretation would often be pretty silly. For example, imagine what these metaphors would look like if you took them at face value:

Love is a battlefield.
Bob is a couch potato.
Baby, you’re a firework.
I am titanium.

I see in the near future a reply in the form of a long useless rant......

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Or, as lots of user reviews on Rotten Tomato states.....

The movie had pore character development.

Characters acted out of character for no reason.

Character actions made little sense.

The humor in the movie was forced and cheesy.

The film was lazy film making, milking a cash cow.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Or, as lots of user reviews on Rotten Tomato states.....

The movie had pore character development.

Characters acted out of character for no reason.

Character actions made little sense.

The humor in the movie was forced and cheesy.

The film was lazy film making, milking a cash cow.

hence why most people are not film critics due to lack of objectiveness.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

what got me was the oh no that followed us through hyperspace lets try to out run them in normal space. really you couldn't of told the fleet to disperse in different directions in hyperspace and where is the republics fleet?

once first order figures out which way good guys are going why did they not use hyperspace to outflank them they had a fleet with them

and why is disnet trying to same chewie . here he is having a nice fire roasted porg and other porgs walk up to him like dude thats kenny you killed kenny. that makes no sense if i was chewie i would have filled my freezer with them porgs.

and look giving up blue bantha milk for green milk he milks out of weird bird thing. could have been worse he might have shacked up with a gammoran pig lady our would that have been a sow?

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Snoke Is Plagueis.
Oh and UK Truth Minoritys? you do know most people on earth are not white don't you?.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

User reviews don't mean crap tbh on RT. You don't have to watch the movie to post a review.
Also.

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

Bots being used to downvote.

Also right wingers hate that they have a diverse cast (proven in this thread) and have attacked the film.
I can think of no other reason other than race, I do not even notice nor care what race the characters are our world is diverse and so is the star wars universe but some here......

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

User reviews don't mean crap tbh on RT. You don't have to watch the movie to post a review.
Also.

Also right wingers hate that they have a diverse cast (proven in this thread) and have attacked the film.
I can think of no other reason other than race, I do not even notice nor care what race the characters are our world is diverse and so is the star wars universe but some here......

Its forced and sudden and out of place and star wars should not be a display of personal political agendas, it should just be entertainment.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
So I have been to the cinema.. and I am still shaken.. and sad that so much potential have been tosted away.

So my favorite franchise have just be devoured by a great beast called Disney.

*Disney just wanted to kill off the rest of the "old gang" to make way for their new racial diversity and gender political correct teen group.

*No lightsaber duel.

*Luke is not acting Luke, even Mark Hamill does not recognize him as Luke.

*The lead up to Snoke, falls flat and we are left with no answers to who or what he was or why.

*Disney comedy is filled into every screen.. and one feels like even the movie itself does not take anything seriously.

*Snoke, Kylo Ren, Hux and Phasma are supposed to be the ultimate symbols of unspeakable evil and terror. They control the most fearsome military operation in the history of the galaxy. Most of the time it seems likely that a few porgs with a stiff breeze could take them down.

* You can fly a set of bombers right up to a dreadnought but then it takes about 10 minutes to travel the remaining few hundred meters.
Not to mention the bombs fell with the help of gravity when the bomb bays where open ( in space )

*Oh, and did you know that Princess Leia can fly now? Sure, why not?!

I just wanted to see Luke unleash all his powers and go out fighting instead of dying as a political statement that US drone pilots do good but it consumes their life, or something like that.

The Star Wars series ended with Return of the Jedi. :-)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Also.

I guess you just stated personal opinions don’t mean crap?

Why does your opinion count then? Because a bunch of critics that are cogs in the corporate money machine shamed you into liking a mediocre movie?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join