posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:33 PM
Luke was a white male, and stood up to the entire army assembled there on the surface...(but yeah, all the others were treated like the dumb dad in a
That said though, I really loved the movie, and love it more each time I see it.
The more I see it though, a few theories evolve......
1. I think Snoke fully knew and intended Kylo to kill him. He basically even states it all and lays it out. I feel he knows he won't last, so he wants
to be sure Kylo is up to the task, and also sees Rey as a potential mate/recruit for Kylo.
2. I think Snoke totally planted the BS origins of Rey's parentage in both Kylo and Rey in the Force link he fostered between them.
3. I think Rey is Luke's kid. There are even more reasons for this now in this movie. In the last film, the lightsaber calling to her, and her Force
vision, certainly hint at it. In this film, they answered how Luke would be unaware of his kid (always a hole in the theory). He had closed himself
off to the Force. Also, he opens himself up to it, JUST before Rey leaves. It's also when he shifts from non-involvement, to being determined to help.
In the material after ROTJ, Luke has quite a bit of love from the ladies, in numerous stories. I see no reason the new canon couldn't have a brief
love interest for Luke who gets with child, and never tells him about it.
4. I think Leia KNOWS Rey is Luke's. Think about it, why does she trust her with the most important mission of retrieving Luke? Wouldn't this be
something she would do instead, herself? I also think Han knew (at least subconsciously) as he's always seemed a tad Force sensitive, and Leia likely
told him at some point after meeting her
5. I think we'll definitely see a bit of Luke in the next one, both in flashbacks, and as a Force ghost advising Rey. I also think we'll see some kind
of incarnation of Snoke, though not a Force ghost of course. I just don't think the storytellers are done with him just like that.