It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roy Moore's accuser has admitted to faking the yearbook.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Quote, OP, "Accuser admits to faking the yearbook"
That is NOT what she said.
HOLD IT,

Roy Moore accuser Beverly Young Nelson on Friday admitted to ABC that she added the date and place to Moore’s signature in her 1977 yearbook. “To a sweeter more beautiful girl I could not say Merry Christmas. Christmas 1977. Love, Roy Moore... Roy Moore, DA. 12-22-77 Olde Hickory House,” the yearbook inscription read. Although Nelson’s lawyer Gloria Allred initially attributed the entire note to Moore, Nelson now says the date and restaurant annotations were hers. However, Nelson emphasized, the rest of the signature is authentic and she stands by her accusation that, when she was 16 years old, Moore groped and attempted to rape her. Although her admission does not compromise the meat of her story, it will likely give ammo to the Alabama Republican and his supporters who have called his accusers liars and suggested Nelson’s yearbook signature was a forgery.
www.thedailybeast.com...

The date at the END is hers.....Man. FACT CHECK....this happens all the time with people....See it and run with it, all the people read what is FAKE NEWS and spread it as FACT....NOT COOL. Hand writing expert should be called in for the signature. That would clear any doubt...Also yes she should have said that from the start. For sure, but that doesn't mean he didn't do the things she says.

Handwriting expert was called -- Nelson and Attorney declined to release the yearbook to the handwriting expert.

Womp womp.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I've read some legal opinions which say that, all bluster aside, if Moore wins they really can't refuse to seat him. They'd need to impeach & remove him. Given that this would involve actual analysis of the accusations, you can be sure that will never happen.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

you sure about that?

god, I hope he wins!!!

a constant glaring example of how low the republican party has sunk and how they grovel to their evangelical base.

the 10 commandments rule!

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
So she faked some notes and came out during an election to smear a candidate - flanked ably by the Democrat spin queen... she sounds credible, lol.

More seriously, a full investigation into who put her up to it needs to take place.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

There will be riots if Moore wins and is not seated. Not a bunch of guys running around smashing windows and throwing Molotov cocktails... I'm talking real, actual riots. The kind where your best bet for survival is to be somewhere else.

Think about it: Alabama votes a candidate into office, legally, after hearing all the evidence. Then the Federal government steps up and says no, we don't accept your decision. By what authority? That is a direct refusal to accept the will of the people according to the Constitution. Why not just decide all Democrats are unwelcome when they get elected? Or all Republicans? Just have the Congress choose who they want to serve... save the cost of having an election.

No. Just no.

Even a Congressional Ethics Committee does not have that kind of power. An argument can only be made if actions are taken after an election in direct opposition to an assumed will of the voters, as in misconduct.

Anyone who is calling for Moore to be refused his seat is asking for some pretty bad stuff to happen that they really, really, REALLY don't want to happen. And Mitch "we will let the people of Alabama decide" McConnell had better get his head on straight. He doesn't let any state do any thing. He works for us, at least until we can kick his little establishment butt out of DC. Maybe we shouldn't let the people of Kentucky re-elect him.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Pol was right again. Damn say what you will about the whole board over there but they have some pretty amazing investigative skills. Twitter court is already in session and demands Gloria Allreds head on a platter. Another case that harms the believability of true victims like myself that had to endure sexual abuse. Thanks for nothing you dumb #. She should be disbarred. That's why i don't believe just every accusation that is flying around. Gloria probably paid her a hefty sum as well.

I was reading comment such as yours in many comment sections on the news sites. There a lot of pissed off people. I don't blame them. Abuse isn't a game, but it is being made into one.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Democrats are secretly in Moore's corner anyhow. If he's seated, they think they can run against a penis in 2018 and sweep both House and Senate.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

What is appropriate punishment for the old bat?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Roy Moore will win, he will be seated, and he will vote conservative. Exactly what Alabama and our nation needs.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Democrats are secretly in Moore's corner anyhow. If he's seated, they think they can run against a penis in 2018 and sweep both House and Senate.

I heard one liberal pundit say Dems may vote against expelling him in order to make Republicans own it. I don't know what she was basing that on but I hope she's right. That would be a monumental mistake.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Maybe he will help bring some form of slavery back since he believes that was the best time in our country.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: ketsuko

I heard one liberal pundit say Dems may vote against expelling him in order to make Republicans own it. I don't know what she was basing that on but I hope she's right. That would be a monumental mistake.

Every strategic move for the past 8 years has been a gift to Republicans. This would be one more gift.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
we sympathize more with individual victims than with groups (so as the number of accusers grow, we grow less charitable toward them and suspect them of bandwagoning.
After everyone reads one too many descriptions of the same incident.
Much of the public will seize that one false story as an excuse to facilitate the calming of the waters....
You can feel the shock that animated the first few weeks of these scandals already giving way to a very familiar and particular form of exhaustion.
The familiar landslide of public opinion will turn.
Even on ATS I've seen so many story's go to the top over 1000 comments,then just stop.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa
we sympathize more with individual victims than with groups (so as the number of accusers grow, we grow less charitable toward them and suspect them of bandwagoning.
After everyone reads one too many descriptions of the same incident.
Much of the public will seize that one false story as an excuse to facilitate the calming of the waters....
You can feel the shock that animated the first few weeks of these scandals already giving way to a very familiar and particular form of exhaustion.
The familiar landslide of public opinion will turn.
Even on ATS I've seen so many story's go to the top over 1000 comments,then just stop.

If the media was honest and ran this during the primary, Moore probably would've lost. They claim they didn't find her until afterwards, but supposedly there were rumors of this for years. Why wait until the general to investigate?

Because another Republican would've destroyed Jones. Once again their self-serving nature backfires. If they really cared about the victims they would have pursued it earlier.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm sure that thought is in the back of their minds. But the swamp is draining, and they can see it as well as we can. Every Democrat and the majority of the Republicans in DC right now are running around trying to figure out a way to save their collective butts.

The country is changing, and my biggest hope is that the corruption will be rooted out at least for now. My biggest worry is that in a desperate ploy to save itself, the corruption will take everything over.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Because another Republican would've destroyed Jones. Once again their self-serving nature backfires. If they really cared about the victims they would have pursued it earlier.

Didn't they support Roy not his opponent in the runoff.

If the Reps really cared, wouldn't they not support this man which demonstrates their party is more important then the nature of the man. It's about getting what a group of politicians want, not a moral/ethical direction for the country.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
lol

the date and place are written in different handwriting, that's pretty damn clear. LOL was she asked about that previously? if not how is that lying?

FULL STOP.

OP and all the Child Rapist Supporters here.

Link to where she said Roy Moore wrote that portion.

Otherwise you are massaging a BS defense of a child rapist.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

There will be riots if Moore wins and is not seated.

Really? There are enough child rapist and pedophile supporters to riot?

How does that riot work? Do they whip candy at children and tell them to get in their cars?

There is a reckoning coming for those that support this and his kind for partisan purposes.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: knoxie
lol

the date and place are written in different handwriting, that's pretty damn clear. LOL was she asked about that previously? if not how is that lying?

FULL STOP.

OP and all the Child Rapist Supporters here.

Link to where she said Roy Moore wrote that portion.

Otherwise you are massaging a BS defense of a child rapist.

Why should anyone respond to you if you are calling then child rapist supporters?

If you want to have a serious conversation, fine.

But to accuse people of supporting child rapists is absurd.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Maybe he will help bring some form of slavery back since he believes that was the best time in our country.

That's not what he said - you must work for CNN.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join