It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roy Moore's accuser has admitted to faking the yearbook.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Maybe this means that doug jones is closer to winning than they are telling us?

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

So she admitted writing the line underneath that's clearly in a different handwriting? (the "Olde Hickory House" bit)

I'm not sure what to make of it. Was there a point where she denied having written that part?

I really don't understand why anyone would vote for Roy Moore in the first place, strictly on what comes out of his own mouth he's a total piece of #. He also admits that he dated underage girls (with their mothers permission though as if that makes it super cool) when he was in the 30s which is pretty disturbing.

This is something I think is a risk when there are multiple accusers, even if some of the accusers are legitimate and that's a shame because as we can see, if enough doubt can be cast on one, it reflects badly on them all regardless of the other accusers' credibility.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: fiverx313
moore wrote 'christmas 1977' himself. he wrote the sweet and beautiful girl bit himself.

why would falsely attributing a specific date and place to him make this any worse for him?

talk about grasping at straws...

How do you know that? Moore has denied writing anything in her yearbook. He's the one who wants the handwriting analyzed. Gloria Allred is stonewalling by setting ridiculous conditions that can't possibly be met before the special election.

You tell me what conclusion I'm supposed to draw here.

Moore initially suggested that the inscription was added, which it was. He didn't, however, initially challenge the signature; his supporters are the ones who suggested the whole thing was a forgery.

The problem is that the signature matches samples of his handwriting from other documents.
It also matches the handwriting on the congratulations card taped inside the scrapbook of another accuser.

Similar to Jeff Sessions, Moore keeps moving the goal posts.

There's way more depth to this whole story than the added inscription in the yearbook, but Breitbart isn't going to point that out because it doesn't square with the right-wing nutburger agenda they're constantly pimping.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

CNN has been reporting that Moore sexually abused a 14 year old. I see in the OP she was 16. Either there is another accuser who was 14 or cnn is using the younger age to basically call Moore a child molester. There is a big difference in the maturity level of 16 year olds who willingly sneak out and meet an older man, and a nai've 14 year old.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

So she admitted writing the line underneath that's clearly in a different handwriting? (the "Olde Hickory House" bit)

I'm not sure what to make of it. Was there a point where she denied having written that part?

Sort of...she initially claimed he wrote that part.

From her original press conference:

About a month later, I received my yearbook from Southside High School, where I had spent my freshman and sophomore years. I happened to bring my yearbook to work with me to the restaurant on December the 22, 1977. I put it down at the end of the counter. Mr. Moore happened to notice it and asked me if he could write in my yearbook, and I felt flattered. And I said “yes”. He wrote in my yearbook as follows: ‘To a sweeter, more beautiful girl I could not say Merry Christmas. Christmas 1977. Love, Roy Moore, Olde Hickory House. And it signed it, ‘Roy Moore DA.’"

One of Roy Moore’s Accusers Alters Her Story About Her Yearbook

edit on 12/8/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The problem I still have with all of this is a lack of due process. When accusations destroy lives and careers and none of the accused get a day in court we have a problem.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
The problem I still have with all of this is a lack of due process. When accusations destroy lives and careers and none of the accused get a day in court we have a problem.

Damn right. Not one single person that is getting accused has been charged at least to my knowledge. Correct me if i'm wrong. Harvey Weinstein for example just vanished from the news cycle.
edit on 8-12-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Maybe if you value freedom, but that's old school logic now. It's 2017, court of public opinion is the new way to go forward. And it's time to give you old stalwarts what you got a coming to you.

Sure, those values may have built the greatest nation on earth, but us talking heads will take it from here......

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Adding notes beneath what someone writes is not forgery.

Thread and article title are Intentionally misleading.

Claiming that the entire message was Moore's even after people questioned it, and refusing to allow it to be independently verified.

And then weeks after questions on it saying oh yeah, I did write some of that is very shady.

Again, of she is telling the truth, let am independent investigator prove it.

Until then in light of this story, I do not take her accusation seriously.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Liquesence
Adding notes beneath what someone writes is not forgery.

Thread and article title are Intentionally misleading.

Claiming that the entire message was Moore's even after people questioned it, and refusing to allow it to be independently verified.

And then weeks after questions on it saying oh yeah, I did write some of that is very shady.

Again, of she is telling the truth, let am independent investigator prove it.

Until then in light of this story, I do not take her accusation seriously.

Hiring a lawyer with a questionable reputation wasn't the best move either. Beverly is now under fire from the #metoo crowd. They are saying she is hurting their cause. They are not wrong. What a mess.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: bulwarkz
Did you write all your notes in an attempt to make it look like the same handwriting using the same color? Why would you do that if you did?a reply to: kurthall

The writing isn't the same, the color ink yes. This is why a hand writing analysis should be done, if its good enough for a court, It should be good enough for him to drop out of the race, since he said he did not do it. His signature is easy enough to get and compare. That would put this to rest. Why doesn't someone do this?

I mean if, CNN or FOX, want to validate it, why don't one of them bring an expert on? One of the networks will come out ahead one way or another, If its not his signature FOX, Moore and trump can say I told you so, CNN would look bad. If not Moore reigns, the women get some Justice. CNN gets to report the story, and Fox gets to make up excuses.

Exactly why not do an independent analysis.

Of this woman is telling the truth, she would be calling for it and Moore would be against it.

Instead we see the reverse.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
so... first she said he wrote the whole thing, wont get it independently verified, now says she wrote part of it, still wont get it verified, yet she says he still signed it..... and people dont see a big red flag here?

come on now...
edit on 8-12-2017 by Jiggly because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2017 by Jiggly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I want to believe her.

But this is beginning to stink of opportunism.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Jiggly

...and people dont see a big red flag here?

She has literally nothing to gain by saying she added notes, except more doubt.
Which is evident by the responses in this thread and across the web.

So personally I don’t see it as a red flag at all.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Roy Moore is going to win.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

its a red flag that she is lying.. it was presented as evidence.. and now we know he didnt write it..

that makes her whole story suspect

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I honestly do not care what she said, she may be telling the truth she may be lying, any investigation should be able to figure that out.

The red flag to me is how her lawyer will not allow people to examine it till she has a nice big stage (senate hearing) to throw accusations all day long pushing her long time agenda, with no real regard to the case.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
a reply to: Hazardous1408

its a red flag that she is lying.. it was presented as evidence.. and now we know he didnt write it..

that makes her whole story suspect

It doesn't help her story, but it doesn't make the whole thing suspect.
Again, it's the inscription that was added.
The signature appears to be his and matches other documents and the congratulations card from one of the other accusers.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

In this case, and mind you I have said since Day 1 that Moore should have stepped aside and I am only of the opinion that he should be voted for because he would be removed from office and replaced immediately if these allegations are proven, the handwriting and the note really are important. Moore's attorney stated very early on that the yearbook sentiment is in the handwriting of Moore's then assistant, who postscripted "Moore's" autographs etc with "DA" at the time.
www.al.com...

Jauregui also contended that Moore did not sign Nelson's high school yearbook -- a signature that Nelson and Allred used to bolster their claims. He added that the signature was inconsistent with Moore's handwriting, and that the postscript on the signature -- D.A. -- matched the initials of Moore's assistant at the time.

The accuser's lawyers have refused to release the yearbook for professional handwriting analysis. It is very possible that the yearbook was sent to Moore, his assistant signed for him, and then the woman years later... perhaps even within the past month or so, added the note. It's also possible Moore signed it himself... we don't know. What we do know is that she is only one of multiple people to accuse Moore, but unfortunately all of these accusations have happened after he became the candidate, which adds a definite degree of credibility questions.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
There is nothing misleading about that article.

She lied.

She had motive.

Another problem with Nelson is that she has a motive to lie and forge: as a circuit judge, Moore ruled against her in a 1999 divorce case.

And the icing in this ?

The age of consent in Alabama was and is 16.

Epic fail.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join