It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Puerto Rican Secretary Of State Blows Whistle On Hurricane Relief Fraud, Finds Unopened US

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

My first reaction was "shipping container." I then qualified this saying that it wasn't a dumpster and flat fish had a good idea of what it was.

I stand by the statement that the article in the OP is not true.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

So tell us, are you claiming that the person in the video is not Luis G. Rivera Marín?...

Here is a link showing a picture of Marin...

www.camarapr.org...

Here is a photo from the video showing Marin...

And here is a photo of of Marin from the official Puerto Rican website.

estado.pr.gov...

But of course, you get certain people making false claims that this is "fake news"...

Before some of you go on to make claims about "fake news" make sure you corroborate your claims...

BTW, the thread is not about whatever you want to claim about that website...or it's owner....

The video is real, and what Marin says is exactly what is said on the website...

edit on 18-10-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

My first reaction was "shipping container." I then qualified this saying that it wasn't a dumpster and flat fish had a good idea of what it was.

I stand by the statement that the article in the OP is not true.

So do you speak Spanish? Can you can prove 100% that the article is not true?... Can you present evidence, or do you decide like some others to make up statements which are completely false just because you don't want to accept it?...

BTW, i did excerpt part of what Marin says and he says the food has been "tirada" which means thrown away. The Secretary of State of Puerto Rico says the food has been thrown away, but you want to claim this is not true... i wonder which claim is "fake news"?... i bet 100% your claim is the "fake news".

Do I win if I yell "fake news" several times?...

edit on 18-10-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Hey, if you trust it for a news source, have a ball. I will wait for confirmation from sources I trust.

I know 100% that the person in the video is Secretary of State of Puerto Rico Luis G. Rivera Marín.

I also know 100% what he says in the video and he says the food has been thrown away...

You want to claim this is not true, put each index finger from each hand inside each of your ear canals and yell "this is not true, this is it not true, lalalalalalalala" all you want. The fact is, it's obvious that you, and a few other members simply don't want to accept anything that refutes your narrative...

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Proving a negative? 100%?

Sorry. Not playing. I see what I see. We happen to disagree.

The end.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
BTW, for those of you "claiming this is fake news" here is the same video in Univision.

Notice that the reporter from Univision says at the beginning "El hallazgo dentro de este contenedor de basura de cajas llenas de comida, destinada a los damnificados del huracan Maria en Puerto Rico..."

Which translates more or less as:
"The find of this trash container with boxes full of food, which was destined to the people who suffered because of hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico...

But keep claiming this is "fake news"...

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Proving a negative? 100%?

Sorry. Not playing. I see what I see. We happen to disagree.

The end.

So, what you are saying is that you don't speak Spanish, and you cannot prove this is "fake news"?... Got it...

What are you going to say about the video from Univision?... You are also going to claim 'it is fake news"?...

How about you admit to have been wrong, and stop with the bs already.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
BTW, Marin says in the video that he went to check the site because he was told that rats were eating food in the trash that was supposed to be for the people of Puerto Rico. The trash container, some claim is not a trash container, is located in the municipal trash dump in Patillas.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I attempted to look for some more sources, does anyone know of any? Nothing against this source, I am just trying to see if there is another one (or more even) because if true this is a pretty big news story, along the lines of PR-Gate.

The SECSTATE is a reasonably high profile figure (at least in PR) so I'd hope any statements would be covered by several places.

It sounds very possible, and would explain a lot of how this situation has been handled.

Thanks, JB

EDIT: Just saw the above Univision clip, is it on any other sites/networks? Wouldn't be the first time MSM squashed something, however.
edit on 10/18/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Three post before yours I gave a link to the Univision coverage of this story and it corroborates the article in the op. i even translated the beginning of what the reporter says, and she says the food is in the trash in the municipal trash dump in Patillas. Unfortunately Univision only covers in Spanish, not sure if they have an English website.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Here’s the guy talking about this:

twitter.com...

It’s not that good supplies were just tossed in the trash. The supplies were left out in the rain and rats got into them, necessitating they be thrown away. Not great resource management, but a far cry from purposefully throwing out good supplies to to create an artificial shortage.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: nataylor
Here’s the guy talking about this:

twitter.com...

It’s not that good supplies were just tossed in the trash. The supplies were left out in the rain and rats got into them, necessitating they be thrown away. Not great resource management, but a far cry from purposefully throwing out good supplies to to create an artificial shortage.

Sorry, but that's not what he says... Even when he speaks in English people want to twist what the secretary of State of Puerto Rico actually says...

He says he found pallets of food ready to be distributed at one time, but it was left in the open, subject to the elements, the food was left subject to rodents, subject to animals...

The claim that you are making that the food rotted and then was dumped is not true...

For crying out loud...at the beginning it says in that twitter feed...

“It was a negligent and for me criminal” insists Puerto Rico’s @LuisRiveraMarin who says he found hurricane donations exposed to rain & rats.

twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: nataylor

BTW, Marin also says what the mayor told him, and he says that the mayor said "The night caught up with him, that he left it overnight, and there was some rain, and by the time they got to the provisions that it was too late, but that it wouldn't happen again."

What i wonder is, since when are supplies put in open containers?... It the food had arrived in containers, why was it in a weak, and open container, when supposedly the mayor says the night had caught up with them and they just left it in the container?... it makes no sense. That container, could not have been used to transport the food.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

BTW, Marin also says what the mayor told him, and he says that the mayor said "The night caught up with him, that he left it overnight, and there was some rain, and by the time they got to the provisions that it was too late, but that it wouldn't happen again." What i wonder is, since when are supplies put in open containers?... It the food had arrived in containers, why was it in a weak, and open container, when supposedly the mayor says the night had caught up with them and they just left it in the container?... it makes no sense. That container, could not have been used to transport the food.
He says the food is in a garbage truck. Exactly as the mayor told him, it was left out overnight in the rain and rats got to it. “They left it overnight and there was some rain, and by the time they got to the provisions, it was too late.” He never says it was put in the garbage truck before it spoiled. If it was put in the garbage truck first, what he says the mayor told him makes no sense.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
wow, corruption in a third world country in a time of national crisis,who would have imagined something like that could happen, this is exactly why P.R. doesn`t deserve to be a state. massive debt, political corruption.... oh never mind they are a perfect candidate to be a state in the united states.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

yes.

I dont even know why you people argue this.

They are a protectorate. They have DUAL citizenship.

PR isnt the 51st state.

You assume I dont want them in the country. I probably know more puerto ricans than those who HARP ON AND ON about how they are just like us.

Its an island government that sucks ass like all the others. I blame them not Puerto Ricans in general for their COUNTRIES problems.

But really.

They dont have a passport because the US government handles travel for them. They do run their OWN ISLAND when its not concerning EPA regulations or public health laws and such. They dont ask us for permission to do or undo as they please.

We dont get Puerto Rican tax dollars to feed our homeless or build our roads and such. We shouldnt. That is PUERTO RICOS business to collect and spend tax dollars from their own people as they see fit.

Now repeat to me how they are US citizens. You can pretend I am a caricature from the cartoonish south if you like.

edit on 10 18 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

They are a protectorate.
No. A US territory.

They have DUAL citizenship.

With the US and which other country?

edit on 10/18/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The terminology of "protectorate" is still used by US agencies operating in or referring to PR. It is valid and still applicable.

They are a common wealth I know. That is STILL not a part of the country. PR is affiliated with the US. Our POTUS is their head of state as far as the global community is concerned. The head of their government is their governor.

With the US and which other country?

Puerto Rico and the US. Those two separate entities.

But yes. They ARE just like us. Now ask if we care.

When they pay taxes to our union, I will see them as being part of our country. Until then ONLY their people are US citizens. The land and its government are foreign.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: Phage

When they pay taxes to our union, I will see them as being part of our country. Until then ONLY their people are US citizens. The land and its government are foreign.

www.irs.gov...

Puerto Rico, Total Internal Revenue collections: 3,742,730
[Money amounts are in thousands of dollars.]

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Excuse me

The Commonwealth government has its own tax laws and Puerto Ricans are also required to pay most US federaltaxes, with the major exception being that most residents do not have to paythe federal personal income tax. ...

Residents also pay federal payroll taxes, such as Social Security and Medicare taxes.
wiki

So they pay SOME federal taxes, but not INCOME TAX. THE MAIN ONE.

They dont give us their state taxes. State, as in a foreign state.

So no cookie. Be glad this changes nothing.

They ARE US citizens.

Its just that the island of PR and its government ARE AFFILIATED with us. Not PART of our country.

EDIT TO ADD:
This is retarded. Make crap up and call it emotions.

Im going to go laugh with my puerto rican room mates and tell my PR neighbor all about this. We will laugh and laugh.....and I wont respond anymore.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join