It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN claims Russia used Pokemon Go to undermine election

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadingOne

You're preaching to the choir, establishment journalists have a lot of weird self importance about their role.

a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

There you go, Hillary used it too. Every boss of a big campaign or propaganda think thank or whatever would be briefed about the big things going on, they see all these pokemon running around and they keep thinking "how can I make these pokemon work for MY guy/country??" I don't know why you care so much about the IRA connection, seems like a side note, but yeah, can't know for sure.

I never said RT writing about it gives credence to anything. Just that they where taking the piss. Nothing wrong with that, but they didn't bring anything new to the table.

Oh man, I was gonna mention "Clerk York" but I forgot! I guess this guy is a real leader of civil rights, huh? You can hear from his name he comes straight out of the ghetto, he knows what's up. He's the Malcolm X of Generation Z. Clerk York. He's out there even now, planning his next move. He's gonna get those dirty cops, he's gonna catch 'em all.

We SHALL overcome! Sing it LOUD, brother!

Arm in arm we'll win the fight
It's always been our dream
Pokemon! (Gotta catch 'em all)
It's you and me
I know it's my destiny
Pokemon!
Oh, you're my best friend
In a world we must defend
Pokemon! (Gotta catch 'em all)
A heart so true
Our courage will pull us through
You teach me and I'll teach you
Pokemon!
Gotta catch 'em all
Gotta catch 'em all
Gotta catch 'em all
Gotta catch 'em all
Gotta catch 'em all
Our courage will pull us through
You teach me and I'll teach you
POKEMON!

Lock your arms, they can take our bulbasaurs and pikachus, but they can't take our pride.
edit on 13-10-2017 by Cutepants because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah, this is how it goes. I put some of the blame on the far left. The whole farce could have been avoided if everyone would just relax a bit.

I like Trump's irreverence, but it's wasted, they can't channel it productively.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
They couldn't have influenced the election any more than the Democrats and Republicans both running crappy candidates and the people deciding to go with the most ridiculous one out of spite.
edit on 13-10-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Be sure to note my work at the top of the previous page....

So who did this investigation?

A source familiar with the matter confirmed...
CNN has separately established the links between the Facebook page and the other Don't Shoot Us accounts.
The Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts belonging to the campaign are currently suspended. The group's YouTube channel and website were both still active as of Thursday morning. The Tumblr page now posts about Palestine.

And why?

The Don't Shoot Us campaign -- the title of which may have referenced the "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" slogan that became popular in the wake of the shooting of Michael Brown -- used these platforms to highlight incidents of alleged police brutality, with what may have been the dual goal of galvanizing African Americans to protest and encouraging other Americans to view black activism as a rising threat.

The marks: BLM.

So the militant arm of the leftwing technocrat's, BLM, was 'exploited' in Russia's attempt to help them by pushing people into their leftist camp, to "help" Trump, so says the liberal rag CNN and the Liberal Social Media.

And it all happened the same month Hillary did speech(es) basically saying they need to figure out how to use Pokemon Go to push people towards being active, and thats just what happened. Hell, it could have been the day before she said that for all we know. And who put the idea into her head? Is there a living soul who really believes shes that in touch with with normal people that she had any notion of what the thing was, something she got around to discovering coming out of the Primary's against Bernie while turning her focus towards Trump no less???

And what about BLM?

Black Lives Matter cashes in with $100 million from liberal foundations
For all its talk of being a street uprising, Black Lives Matter is increasingly awash in cash, raking in pledges of more than $100 million from liberal foundations and others eager to contribute to what has become the grant-making cause du jour.

The Ford Foundation and Borealis Philanthropy recently announced the formation of the Black-Led Movement Fund [BLMF], a six-year pooled donor campaign aimed at raising $100 million for the Movement for Black Lives coalition.

That funding comes in addition to more than $33 million in grants to the Black Lives Matter movement from top Democratic Party donor George Soros through his Open Society Foundations, as well as grant-making from the Center for American Progress.

“The BLMF provides grants, movement building resources, and technical assistance to organizations working advance the leadership and vision of young, Black, queer, feminists and immigrant leaders who are shaping and leading a national conversation about criminalization, policing and race in America,” said the Borealis announcement.

Did the hundred(s) of millions of of dollars in funding they've been receiving in just a few years not leave them any wiggle room to have some kids setup up such a thing?

And lets not act like BLM is just about race (its the full SJW ideological buffet).

Or that they need any help in radicalizing people with that full spectrum ideology into violent riots and mass murder protests.

Or that when those events did happen the founders etc ever actually condemned those acts, provided actually achievable endgame objectives, were ever seen on TV last year trying to calm tensions and unite people, etc.

This is being painted up as s smear job on BLM, the motive being to do BLM's exact SJW social engineering / propaganda kind of MO.

Google Pledges $11.5 Million to Make Sure Black Lives Matter]
Internet giant Google has pledged to donate $11.5 million in grants to four organizations combating racial disparities in the criminal justice system. While Google would not phrase their grants in this way, one of the recipients has praised the Black Lives Matter movement as "civil rights demonstrations," and the cause of these organizations does overlap with the Black Lives Matter movement.

And we're supposed to take CNN's, Google's word for it, right??

edit on 13-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yes but once again CNN is the only source ... even for Niantic supposed reply ...
The Niantic guys DO HAVE the possibility to communicate on their own and so far, they made no statement at all on that matter. Everything that supposedly comes from Niantic is published by CNN.

Ridiculous. Do you not think that Niantic is aware that they have been quoted in the CNN article? As you said, they "DO HAVE the possibility to communicate on their own" if the CNN reporter falsely attributed the statement to them.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
There you go, Hillary used it too. Every boss of a big campaign or propaganda think thank or whatever would be briefed about the big things going on, they see all these pokemon running around and they keep thinking "how can I make these pokemon work for MY guy/country??" I don't know why you care so much about the IRA connection, seems like a side note, but yeah, can't know for sure.

I never said RT writing about it gives credence to anything. Just that they where taking the piss. Nothing wrong with that, but they didn't bring anything new to the table.

No. I pointed otu that the very same month Hillary of all people is talking about figuring out how to to the cutting edge smart phone augmented reality game to get their people to the polls, as if she'd ever get such an idea all on her own, that same month a BLM front opened up in there.

The game totally helped BLM, but it was Russia that diverted their resources to helping BLM.

Did everyone just forget all the drama of BLM last year?

Recall MoveOn.org bBLM etc rioting the Chicago rally. Did they need Russia to trigger that? Nope. Hillary campaign people caught on tape bragging about getting it rioted into a shut down. That same month someone apparently in Illinois goes and setups a .com that will a few month later be used to radicalize BLM. BLM who had such a massive warchest last year that they could rival all but the top top tier presidential campaigns, and would totally have set it up the Pokemon Go if they thought of it.

But CNN and Google (the CIA) says it was Russia.

And now that's the "truth". And it just totally makes sense.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah, this is how it goes. I put some of the blame on the far left. The whole farce could have been avoided if everyone would just relax a bit.

I like Trump's irreverence, but it's wasted, they can't channel it productively.

That is a pretty solid synopsis. At least from where im standing.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
What an embarrassing thread to read.

This place is getting loonier by the minute.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Who here truly doubts that BLM people would ever set up the Pokemon Go thing just as it was?

Black Lives Matter Leader: Blacks 'Superhuman,' Whites 'Subhuman'
A BLM leader in Toronto recently posted on Facebook that white people are “sub-human,” that blacks are "superhuman," and that the white race could be wiped out "if we had the power to."

Heat Street reports that Toronto BLM co-founder Yusra Khogali argued that black people are the superior race because white people possess “genetic defects” that make them lesser humans.

“Whiteness is not humxness, in fact, white skin is sub-humxn,” she wrote, using the gender-inclusive "x" construction favored by identity politics fanatics. “All phenotypes exist within the black family and white ppl are a genetic defect of blackness.”

She explained that white people are lesser because “[they] have a higher concentration of enzyme inhibitors that suppress melanin production. They are genetically deficient because melanin is present at the inception of life.”

“Melanin enables black skin to capture light and hold it in its memory mode which reveals that blackness converts light into knowledge. Melanin directly communicates with cosmic energy,” she added.

Yeah, that sounds legit.

Khogali then proclaimed: “White ppl are recessive genetic defects. This is factual.”

And all of that extremism is essentially Russia's fault is the subtext we're being spun now.

Hillary says we need Pokemon GO activists, and it happens in a week. Russia did it.

From the sound of all this, adding it all up, apparently Russia was working for Soros, Hillay, BLM etc all along.

Makes about as much sense as thsi story.

You know, if it wasn't CNN Google & Friends making the assertion (and doing it with fallacious deceptive weasel language no less) it wouldn't be half as suspect. But this is Liberal Media + Liberal Social Media in Y2017 we're talking about here. And Trump hasnt been impeached / ghosted yet...

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: trollz

I actually know people that believe that everything said on CNN is immutable fact.

Real scary sh*t.
We have a few lefties on this site that'll give those folks a run for their money.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Wow....
I'm almost speechless...
Almost...

You know who undermined the election?
Us.
The vast majority of Americans have displayed levels of political complacency this last year the likes which this world has never seen. You wanna blame someone for having a douche command and chief? Start with every idiot who feels the need to protest yet didn't even vote in tbe first place.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

*blink* *blink*

What the bejiggers does Pokemon Go have to do with racial tensions, or the election?!?!? Or, sheesh, the Russians?? What's wrong with those people?

CNN is becoming more of a joke every day.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I think its more that the GOP has put turds on the ballot the last 8 years while policies that hurt the Republican base financially have been rolled out. Since they tried to float another turd the people ended up having Trump as the only alternative to Hillary

And even then many people found her less disgusting and voted for her instead.

Id say that were it not for shenanigans by the DNC we would have president Sanders instead.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Did you know that the source for your "story," Heat street, has been taken offline? Why is that, do you suppose?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

So its fake then whens her statement that she never said it?

Raking in millions of dollars she has time to submit a statement. Especially since CNN et al would love the excuse to talk about poor poor BLM it would be free PR.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So its fake then whens her statement that she never said it?

Raking in millions of dollars she has time to submit a statement. Especially since CNN et al would love the excuse to talk about poor poor BLM it would be free PR.

Given the source, you might want to check out whether she even exists! CNN investigation revealed that at least one "BLM" website... one you yourself have li led to... was bogus, possibly a Russian false flag. Please read the CNN piece and not the RT hatchet job.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I didnt even read the RT piece until people kept bitching about it, and then I just hit the Google after.

So you're telling me that blacklivesmatter.com is a fake troll disinfo smear whatever hoax site???
blacklivesmatter.com...

You've got to be kidding me.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

The whole point of Russia doing this was to make conservatives think that people associated with Black Lives Matter were promoting going to the locations of acts of police brutality and changing their usernames to that of the victim. If people actually did it, even better!

The reason for doing this was to convince conservatives that Black Lives Matter was behind it, and trigger said conservatives into having an angry and emotional response.

I can see that it is working like a charm.

How does propaganda like this affect the outcome of an election? Simple, Russia participated in at least a few thousand different disinformation campaigns such as this. They also wrote false news articles that were picked up by notable right-wing media outlets online. What is the point of all this? It is to get people to make political decisions, such as who to vote for, based on false information. If American citizens are basing their vote on false information, then the one who is in control of that false information also controls the votes.

It is true that the Russians are not just exploiting conservatives, but liberals as well. Imagine if Russia had been promoting something even more controversial than this in the guise of BLM? Disguising themselves as liberal organizations and then triggering conservatives is arguably an even better strategy than spreading false news.
edit on 13pmFri, 13 Oct 2017 22:54:47 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

So you're telling me that blacklivesmatter.com is a fake troll disinfo smear whatever hoax site???

No, blacklivesmatter.com is probably not a troll, disinfo, smear, hoax site. But the website uncovered by CNN was. In addition, there were many other Facebook pages pretending to be American liberals that Facebook learned were actually Russian. So it is hardly unheard of.

Jesus, I can see how come Russia is having such an easy time manipulating conservatives.
edit on 13pmFri, 13 Oct 2017 23:01:49 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I didnt even read the RT piece until people kept bitching about it, and then I just hit the Google after.

blacklivesmatter.com...

You've got to be kidding me.

Did you actually click on the link you just posted? The page is no longer there.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join