It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN claims Russia used Pokemon Go to undermine election

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Wait,.....What?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: libertytoall
Does Nintendo own Pokémon? I thought they did. If I were them I'd sue the # out of CNN.

The company that owns Pokemon Go, Niantic, has confirmed what CNN actually claimed in their article. See above.

Source ? Anything but another CNN claim ?

Nianticlabs official site :

News
Press

You do realize that the OPs article is ABOUT the CNN article?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

Because no-one would ever be able to hack a phone voting app or create bogus voting accounts?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Does Nintendo own Pokémon? I thought they did. If I were them I'd sue the # out of CNN.

The company that owns Pokemon Go, Niantic, has confirmed what CNN actually claimed in their article. See above.

News
Press

The OP links to RT, not CNN, be cause it ridicules CNN's research. It identifies a bogus Black Live Matter website that has been linked to on other threads here. Of course, there are the usual memes being posted to short circuit any intelligent discussion of the merits of CNN's reporting. I find it interesting that the people who support Trump's advocacy of government censorship of American media are most enthusiastic about Russia's state controlled media.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadingOne

Were you interested at all in the dishonest claims of the OP?

The RT article, as well as the OP, lies about what the CNN article claimed.

The issue here is not whether "Pokemon GO was used to steal the election." That claim was not made by CNN.

If your side of the argument was just, you guys wouldn't have to BLATANTLY LIE to hold it up.

I do find it very interesting to see which of you pound the same irrational nonsense in all of these threads about Russian influence.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

"source familiar with the matter confirmed to CNN" ...

So if the said source is Niantic, a google-spin off, we should have a confirmation of the statement.
On the Niantic website at this stage : NOTHING, PEANUTS, NADA, NIKS, BUPKES, QUEDALLE, ...

So my question is, "Is there a decent source beside CNN to back CNN's own claims ?"

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

News
Press

The OP links to RT, not CNN, be cause it ridicules CNN's research. It identifies a bogus Black Live Matter website that has been linked to on other threads here. Of course, there are the usual memes being posted to short circuit any intelligent discussion of the merits of CNN's reporting. I find it interesting that the people who support Trump's advocacy of government censorship of American media are most enthusiastic about Russia's state controlled media.

Yes, I made that very clear in my first post in which I linked the actual article from CNN.

Yes, it is interesting to see the same members making the same outlandish, absurd dishonest posts in every thread on the subject.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

"source familiar with the matter confirmed to CNN" ...

So if the said source is Niantic, a google-spin off, we should have a confirmation of the statement.
On the Niantic website at this stage : NOTHING, PEANUTS, NADA, NIKS, BUPKES, QUEDALLE, ...

So my question is, "Is there a decent source beside CNN to back CNN's own claims ?"

Did you read the CNN article? You know, the topic of the thread (that wasn't linked)?

Niantic STATES that CNN provided information to them that showed that the Russian group was trying to misuse the name Pokemon GO. The CNN article also states that didn't happen, and that there was no way it could happen, and further, QUOTED the same statement from Niantic that you are.

You're either intentionally trying to obfuscate the real facts here or reacting in a knee-jerk fashion because "CNN."

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Try googling the Don't Shoot Us website and see for yourself.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

No ... CNN states that NIANTIC told them something.
When checking Niantic ... nothing ...

So it once again about CNN making questionable (anti-russian what a surprise) claims.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

A site about police violence ? Provide links if you have one.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

No ... CNN states that NIANTIC told them something.
When checking Niantic ... nothing ...

So it once again about CNN making questionable (anti-russian what a surprise) claims.

Yes, Niantic did respond to CNN regarding the material that CNN presented to them regarding their game Pokemon Go.

The CNN article clearly makes that statement.

The CNN article also clearly states that Pokemon GO itself WAS NOT USED in the efforts by the Russian-based group that has been DOCUMENTED in efforts at Facebook, Youtube, etc.

There is no need to substantiate something that DIDN'T HAPPEN ("Russians using Pokemon Go to steal the election") as stated in the CNN article.

Still, don't let that stop you from carrying water for Russia.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Yes but once again CNN is the only source ... even for Niantic supposed reply ...
The Niantic guys DO HAVE the possibility to communicate on their own and so far, they made no statement at all on that matter. Everything that supposedly comes from Niantic is published by CNN.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

You’re desperate to help,propagate this nonsense and it shows.

Honestly, I'm not sure I am the one coming off as desperate here.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Yes but once again CNN is the only source ... even for Niantic supposed reply ...
The Niantic guys DO HAVE the possibility to communicate on their own and so far, they made no statement at all on that matter. Everything that supposedly comes from Niantic is published by CNN.

The OP's article is from Russian-state sponsored RT.

RT claimed that CNN's article claims that "Russians used Pokemon GO to affect the election."

CNN's article, as shown, doesn't make that claim.

That's the alleged argument of the thread: what you folks love to call FAKE NEWS.

Niantic doesn't have to substantiate something that CNN didn't claim.

I suggest you actually read the CNN article if you want to discuss it further.
edit on 13-10-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

You’re desperate to help,propagate this nonsense and it shows.

Honestly, I'm not sure I am the one coming off as desperate here.

Trust me, you are.

Anyone that can read English knows what the CNN article says and didn't say.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

News
Press

FACT: The people that like RT do because they cover stories our corporate media wont touch. Yes, real stories. Old ones, new ones. People like Truth. The best propaganda is True. And against the corporate agenda that has been driving our government our whole lives, how the same interests that control the Pentagon and Wall Street have the government officials (elected and otherwise) in their pockets, own the media (and not just the news networks but 90% of ALL 'media'), and use it to electioneer every election since before I was born all in their agenda to dominate and plunder the world including US here at home, plenty of Truth they dont want US to hear.

And you know all this. And we all know it.

But you'll spin the valid criticisms of the INSANITY you CNN love child spins with your OMG what about RT.

What about them? Does anyone really worship RT as you present it? How many people really check in on them everyday? Hell I've never seven seen their website! But when searching for topics I need a lip for, stories I already know all about, on Youtube often times they've got some of the only 'news network' class clips that pop up. And often times on newer stories that dont fit the Official Tunnel Vision your Corporatocracy masters have concocted for US, RT often seems to have the only clips people around here have to embed about the story.

It is state run, yep, and people know it, but when something is true its Truth.

Show us stories about about US that are FAKE. Go on do a big thread about it. I'd bet anything their stories about the Russian State oh my they fall flat on that perspective, but RT started at some point covering stories about the BS here people already knew were the closest thing to reality and people started listening.

Is that their fault, our your corporate masters?

RT is merely a blinking light showing there are other edges inside the bogus tunnel vision the Corporatocracy has designed to keep US all deaf, dumb and so ignorant its like we're bluddering retards in all things regarding ourselves as a nation on the world stage, as a nation divided on false premises and in our own behavior as individuals.

That the closest thing to Truth on TV is RT is a seriously sad state of affairs, like all time epic fail of our government and all that good stuff. That you'd constantly insist we loathe them but bootlick the power structure and theirJoseph Goebbals wannabe's press, is truly disgusting and diabolical.

This story here, any rational person can listen to it and know its the most absurd BS that ever hit the airwaves, but you, Mr. Journalism, you'll stream into here and start beating on your chest about RT. RT? Didn't even see them in the thread till you mentioned them.

You remind me of 10 years ago, back in Dubya's Amerika, when I did that piece "American Imperialism's Death Toll on the World: 27,000,000++". In it I pointed the woes of empire, and immediately the thread exploded with peoples hair on fire all 'yeah so what 60 million died in Communist China blah blah blah', as if as long as 'we' 'only' kill 59 million then it okay because 50 years ago China's policies killed 60 million. Same kind of logic, but at least they had nationalism and a lifetime of being raised on Murica being the good guys no matter what as an excuse.

So what's your excuse for bootlicking the anti-American engines of multinational corpotatism that dominates the world while dividing US domestically in its attempts to hand our sovereignty over to a global government run by multinational corporatism and international central banksters???

Cmon, I'm dying to hear. Explain it right, please. No stalling. No jerking me / us around for 3 pages. Lay it all out, or are you just a total LIE? If you cant answer that's okay. Its possible you've never even thought such an self-introspective inquiry all the way through. Since you're clearly hookwinked by the MSM's tunnel vision, I mean assuming you're not a witting henchmen of sorts, I'd expect you might have to sleep on it.

edit on 13-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Trust me...

Yeah, about that...

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Does the CNN article claim what the RT article claims it does?

Yes or no?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join