It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN claims Russia used Pokemon Go to undermine election

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
What an embarrassing thread to read.

This place is getting loonier by the minute.

Witness the posters in the thread who either have admitted they didn't bother to read the sources or simply obviously haven't.

The blatant self-serving fallacious BS is surging toward maximum (again).

The whole matter here regards the substantiated existence of the "Internet Research Agency" which has been documented by Facebook itself, the New York Times, back in 2015 as well as currently and said evidence has been entered into documented testimony given before the Senate and House Committees investigating Russian meddling as well as discussed with Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation.

This group of Russian agents has existed for years, has been documented as performing the acts claimed in the CNN article, yet, we have members here who not only jam their virtual fingers in their ears but then their whole heads up their own metaphorical nethers in order to maintain stupid narratives that make ZERO sense and have ABSOLUTELY ZERO evidence supporting them.

Additional attestations:

Fox News

Chicago Tribune

Wikipedia

Etc. etc.
edit on 14-10-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001
a reply to: darkbake

WTF. I post the real blm website, one of you goes look its fake its not even working, and the other goes jeeeez I can see now how Russians have such an easy time manipulating conservatives.

When its the real effing site.

Well first of all I'm not a conservative, just because I'm hassling the MSM and you guys on this malarchy.

I posted a bunch of arguments, perspectives, hard questions, etc on the last page etc, and thisis how you guys attempt to wrap this thing up?

BLM woulda coulda shoulda done the same thing as supposed russia did here. And the scope of this game if even played was a drop in a 55 gallon drum compared to the rest of BLM's propaganda / social engineering with its 'hundreds of millions' in funding to stir up radicals.

It only benefited BLM's radicalization agenda. And that IS their agenda we all frickin know it. Everyone KNOWS it. So there goes that.

And the same month russia supposedly did this Hillary out doing speeches saying how they need a way to use the game for activism. Same. Effing. Month. As. If. She'd. Ever. Come. Up. With. That. All. On. Her. Own. Ha. Ha. Ha.

In short, addingit up its just as likely if russia di this that they were really working for Hillary Soros all along. So which is it?

I call classical Hillary / liberal projection, that is whatever you do go over the top in 'getting ahead of the story' by screaming from the rooftops that you opponent is the one that really does that sort of BS. So here Soros / MSM / Hillary / BLM goes 'hey I know, lets find odd perverse details about stuff form our social network schemes last year, and reveal the story but claim Russia did it to help Trump. our DNC base are a bunch of tools they'll buy anything we stir up'.

edit on 14-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So you're telling me that blacklivesmatter.com is a fake troll disinfo smear whatever hoax site???

No, blacklivesmatter.com is probably not a troll, disinfo, smear, hoax site. But the website uncovered by CNN was. In addition, there were many other Facebook pages pretending to be American liberals that Facebook learned were actually Russian. So it is hardly unheard of.

Jesus, I can see how come Russia is having such an easy time manipulating conservatives.

Can you???

Conservatives would have never even heard of this pokemon story if it wasnt for CNN et al. But IF it was them, and thats a BIIIIIG IF, well um wait I though the whole story here was Russia conned BLM activists into being activists with a game only they ever even knew about, nobody complained about, and only served BLM's / liberal wacko radicalization agenda (which didnt need help or funding so why would Russia waste their resources helping them?).

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I PLAYED THE FRICKING CLIP AND IT DIDNT MAKE A LICK OF SENSE.

At your griping I went and read both fricking articles and nope still doesnt make sense. In fact it makes less sense. It expects us to trust liberal agenda tech giants and liberal media and their anon sources. And it sstill doesnt make sense. But hey keep spinning this thing everyone gotta earn right.

www.chicagotribune.com...
New chicago link saying the same BS, anonymous sources want us to trust ****ing facebook yeah ****ing right.

To trust the MSM, Google, Facebook, etc with our minds is like trusting Dow Chemical with the ****ing planet. But go for it kids mulitnational corporatism is the Democrat platform now so that must mean is was always the liberal platform too, riiiiight?? And those are all CIA fronts, so hey go look up MKULTRA and come tell me we can trust the CIA with our minds / the nation / anything. Please, just do it!

Okay, moving on.
Fox brings up a NYTimes article.
www.foxnews.com...
www.nytimes.com...

Well there goes confirmation that "Anonymous" (the hackign group) is CIA. I mean I already discerned that last year not long after tuning back into all this political BS after 5 years away, but yep thank you NYT for the documentation.

And its those Anonymous documents that are the lynchpin?

Okay so reporter follows trolls like one named "Ass". Ends up at a "Material Evidence" anti-Syrian war (AN ANTI-WAR) art gallery. Only real liberals are pro war of course (and those fake liberals, you know the antiwar liberals, their sites all being blocked these days on facebook google youtube etc). So then NYT looks up the #MaterialEvidence hashtag, and clicks on someone that supported it. Finds one of them that was part of this other #ColumbianChemicals hoax thing. All trying to prove this SHADOWY OMG "Internet Research Agency" exists.

Okay. Whatever. As if such trolls dont exist there. Just like they do here.

Back to Fox News, here goes back to NYT back to todays story (as f we can even trust NYT, but hey lets go anyways):
www.nytimes.com...

Okay so Facebook and Harvard teaming up to 'defend American democracy':
www.dailykos.com...

Isnt that what Antifa have been doing?

Anyways, FB's Alex Stamos leading the charge in that, and in this Russia 0WNS Pokemon Go claim.

The disclosure adds to the evidence of the broad scope of the Russian influence campaign, which American intelligence agencies concluded was designed to damage Hillary Clinton and boost Donald J. Trump during the election. Multiple investigations of the Russian meddling, and the possibility that the Trump campaign somehow colluded with Russia, have cast a shadow over the first eight months of Mr. Trump’s presidency.

Facebook staff members on Wednesday briefed the Senate and House intelligence committees, which are investigating the Russian intervention in the American election. Mr. Stamos indicated that Facebook is also cooperating with investigators for Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel, writing that “we have shared our findings with U.S. authorities investigating these issues, and we will continue to work with them as necessary.”

But this didnt hurt Hillary. It helped BLM by doing what BLW would do with their tens of millions in funding anyways.

Okay so paid ads now the lynchpin. But they dont fit this MO, snarf snarf:

In a January report, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Central Intelligence Agency and National Security Agency concluded that the Russian government, on direct orders from President Vladimir V. Putin, was responsible for hacking Democratic targets and leaking thousands of emails and other documents in an attempt to hurt Mrs. Clinton’s campaign and mar her reputation.

The report also found that hundreds of Russian “trolls,” or paid social media users, had posted anti-Clinton messages. But it did not name Facebook or address the question of advertising.

The January intelligence report said the “likely financier” of the Internet Research Agency was “a close Putin ally with ties to Russian intelligence.” The company, profiled by The New York Times Magazine in 2015, is in St. Petersburg and uses its small army of trolls to put out messages supportive of Russian government policy.

Representative Adam B. Schiff of California, the ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, said in a telephone interview that the Facebook disclosure “certainly quantifies the Russian use of at least one social media platform with a level of granularity that we did not have before.” He said the committee has been in touch with Facebook for some time, adding, “I don’t think this is the last word on the matter by Facebook or in terms of our investigation on the social media issue.” ... “Clearly Facebook doesn’t want to become the arbiter of what’s true and what’s not true,” Mr. Schiff said. “But they do have a civil responsibility to do the best they can to inform their users of when they’re being manipulated by a foreign actor.”

Clearly Facebook doesnt have a liberal agenda in being arbiters of truth. No doubt!

Former Facebook Workers: We Routinely Suppressed Conservative News
5/09/16
Facebook workers routinely suppressed news stories of interest to conservative readers from the social network’s influential “trending” news section, according to a former journalist who worked on the project. This individual says that workers prevented stories about the right-wing CPAC gathering, Mitt Romney, Rand Paul, and other conservative topics from appearing in the highly-influential section, even though they were organically trending among the site’s users.

Facebook Continues Censorship of Conservative Views, YouTube Follows Suit
April 17, 2017
Facebook creator and CEO Mark Zuckerberg has consistently punished conservative Americans who use his gargantuan site for promotion. Not only has Facebook previously employed a team of censors to remove any conservative content from the “Trending Topics” section of the social media platform, Zuckerberg has foolishly jumped into bed with the childish and biased “fake news” crowd, who invented a phenomenon for the sole purpose of destroying their political enemies’ ability to spread information.

Facebook, like YouTube and others, is still not considered an avenue of broadcasting, although they have launched several iterations of software designed exclusively for broadcasting, and therefore are allowed to privatize the opinions of their users. This has led to a nonsensical segregation of conservatives on the internet, even in the wake of a presidential election that clearly demonstrated the power of the right-wing in America.

BTW: For me to see that that is BS and they cant be trusted doesnt make me a conservative. It makes me a free speech advocate, something supposedly liberals...

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   
And that brings us back to "According to a source familiar with the social network's thinking, Facebook's research links its recent findings to the Internet Research Agency", in our foray into this mystical world of the "Internet Research Agency".

So according to the CIA, the CIA, the CIA, and the CIA part of all that is this Pokemon Go thing, that hey could be real, but just as likely adding it all up, Russia was working 'for' Hillary all along following the logic of it, and how it played into Hillary's hand and followed her actual instructions 'to use Pokemon Go ' (to radicalize more liberals where radicalization of the base the new all encompassing directive of all liberal fronts across this entire Millennium so far and counting...).

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Facebook is not journalism. It's advertising that let's you advertise yourself. You see the CIA everywhere. Do you want me to find a meme for that?

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Why did they take down the page you linked to? If it is a real Black Lives Matter webpage, how much security do you think they have? What would prevent a hacker from altering text, or adding hijackwar to redirect browsers to a bogus website? Also, Black Lives Matter is a movement, not an organization, so there is no one "official" web page.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Facebook is not journalism.

So speaking in general terms, if a reporter/journalist publishes an article on Facebook then it is per definition not journalism because Facebook is mostly used for other stuff?

Yeah, that is just not how the world works anymore. It's been a while since TV news or printed newspapers/magazines were the only outlets for journalism. Internet and social media have changed everything and given whole new platforms for journalists (also citizen journalists) to publish their work.

This is a very good thing. Not so easy anymore for TPTB to completely control, restrict and/or spin the information that reaches the masses.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadingOne

Facebook's mission is not to inform the public. It is to sell advertising, theoretically without editorial intervention. Anyone can say anything there. The internet allows propagandists to disseminate lies at the speed of light with very little expense.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Griping to you means saying that discussion requires examination of the subject matter at hand without pretending to knowledge or merely blathering on about what YOU wish to discuss rather than the topic?

Fair enough, in your terms, I was griping then.

In terms of another voluminous effort on your part here, the matter at hand is not whether or not the Internet Research Agency, sponsored by Russian agents, exists ... that is a known fact whether you “accept it” or whether it “makes sense” to you or not.

Your bleating about your partisan beliefs as they relate to Facebook, etc. is also unimportant.

The claim in the OP is that CNN stated that the Russians used Pokémon Go to undermine the General Eleciton in 2016.

I’ve demonstrated multiple times directly from the article itself that is untrue or at the very least a massive exaggeration.

Now, do I expect this to curtail your bombastic novelization here? Nah.

But you can stop pretending that you’re saying anything relevant to the thread.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Facebook's mission is not to inform the public. It is to sell advertising, theoretically without editorial intervention. Anyone can say anything there. The internet allows propagandists to disseminate lies at the speed of light with very little expense.

I don't think you understand. I am WELL aware what Facebook's "mission" and business model is, the point is that it can also be used for other things. To simply dismiss information because it has been published on Facebook (or any other media platform you do not like) is just plain dumb. You are shooting the messanger and ignoring the message, making yourself willfully ignorant.

And you think only the internet "allows progandists to disseminate lies"..? Wow, have you been paying any attention AT ALL to what goes on in the MSM these days?

I'm just gonna post this one again, it's a true MSM propaganda gem. Really, just look and listen. This is not Facebook or Instagram or Twitter or some random person ranting in a blog. This is CNN serving up a blatant and completely ludicrous LIE to their viewers in order to protect Hillary Clinton:

Yeah, tell me again about "editorial intervension" and "propagandists"... And how "anyone can say anything" on the internet...

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

So you’re agreeing that “anyone can say anything on Facebook” but still defending what is said there?

Interesting.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

You're the only one saying "they" did. Who is they by the way? The page never went down. I googled for it, like I have countless times the past year, and there it was. I post it. Then you turn around and say "they took it down". Last night I checked and there it was. And here again you go with this BS. If my link was fake then wheres the real BLM site???

As if
blacklivesmatter.com...
isnt the real site.

[snipped]
edit on Sat Oct 14 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: Community Announcement re: Decorum

(post by Gryphon66 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I'm not the one with "partisan beliefs", unless that is Media Lapdog (you guys) vs. Media Watchdog (me) is The New Partisan.

They're liars. It's a known fact. They've warped our brains our whole lives. And you guys lap it up. And then act like I'm the irrational one in the equation? Nope, just irritated by the tactics you guys play by / were trained with.

What I did there was walk thru the combined set of links you gave me, and the links within them, to test spin the merits of their collective investigation to see where it went... I typed it into here as I did. As I wasn't aware of all that drama, I actually wasnt sure how it would play out as I got going (but I had a pretty good idea none the less). And sure enough at the end it was purely the words of the Liberal SJW Tech Giants, and the Liberal SJW MSM behind every step of the way. Whose mutual agenda has already proven that they're core fountainheads of The SJW Agenda (which by the way "social justice" isnt even their actual motivations in all of that, nor is Trump, while they've all demonstrated there's hardly no low they wont stoop to in ramming home that agenda). Not that it'd be much better, honestly if it were purely a 'government' investigation, but in that case at least there'd be some outside of their mental tunnel vision eyes on the whole thing that might keep it a least a smidgen honest (not that Republican's can even be trusted either).

As if the Corporatocracy even cares about poor people, black people, or any of the rest OMG details of the Identity Politick schtick. It's all means (diversion) to an end (tech immortality) for them and you guys in buying into it you're de facto / unwitting / whatever minions / henchmen / tools / whatever of the very 'Patriarchy' (NWO, TPTB, pick your favorite term for our elite war monger bankster robberbarron masters) you guys think / claim to / whatever be "against".

So what do I know, maybe the story is REAL. But like I said it dont add up, these sources should be trusted with our country hardly any more than we should the Russian's, they're LIARS, they have agendas that only serve them and screw US (far bigger agendas and consequences than the Russian's have for US), and this story makes about as much sense as saying that Russia are collaborators with Hillary etc SJW Agenda (which I wouldnt even doubt at this point come to think of it).

Because what do the CLinton's, their DNC Propaganda Machine do habitually? Oh, whatever were guilty of we'll "get in front of the story" by screaming that's what all of ur opposition is all about. Just like these Nu-Liberal (SJW) racists / Corporate Facsists out SCREAMING everyone and anyone that could possibly challenge their authoritarian / quazi totalitarian BS are shouted down as the "real" FASCIST RACISTS. And anyone that criticizes all this BS get blocked / banned from the tech giant social media (multinational corporate fascists) which you guys stream in to defend, and smeared by the multinational corporate fascist MSM (which you guys stream in to defend).

And then you act all shocked when a story that sounds absolutely ridiculous like this, and doesnt even add up it doesnt make any sense in the grand scheme, not to mention the entire "investigation" behind it sounds flimsy and fabricated, by sources who have proven to be the opposite of trustworthy, people like me laugh and then scoff at being drug through hours of circular logic tactics and BS partisan stereotyping?

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

I wanted to complement your amazing posts thus far. I know this is not really germane to the topic at hand, but, you’ve established the kind of solid reasoning and fact-based explication of the topic that ATS so sorely needs more of, rather than the endless blathering of partisans and wannabes.

We all have to stand up for truth, logic and meaningful contributions whenever we can.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Show me one thing off topic with the narrative I'm pushing that these bastards cant be trusted with this topic, and that their presentation doesnt make any sense. DO IT NOW.

I wasnt here to prop up or tear down the thread creator. I clicked the crazy title, saw an even crazier sounding CNN broadcast clip, and reacted to it. I seriously thought this whole topic would fizzle with the site minions too embarrassed to even touch the thread, hoping it would just go away, but to my surprise well its all on the line now for you guys so here we I'm annoyed by the tactics and disrespect, you're all desperate because on the brink now is the viability of the ruthless propaganda machine that serves your corporate master class' ambitions (to keep US divided while they plunder our future for themselves).

This claim CNN "didnt claim" is right in their language, right in their title, there's no beating around the bush or journalistic 'allegedly' involved save that fine print at the end. So maybe you're meaning that they're not the only origin of the story, that would be on NYT, or something? Otherwise You're A LIAR and I feel bad for you at this point. Because here I probably reacted with a bit more zeal regarding the absurdity of the thing, but its not like I'm in here saying blue isnt blue. That's what you're doing. And You Know It.

Alright I'm done. Get the last word! Maybe they they'll present some evidence later worth even looking at, and maybe that evidence wont just as easily make sense as being a Soros operation, where the goal is everyone fighting everyone to keep US completely divided... an effort I've been calling "Social Group Warfare (SGW)" for over a year now since shortly after I first tuned back in to notice this whole SJW trend that is marching the lib's around like little mindless outrage automatons AND everyone else in response to their BS.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
They couldn't have influenced the election any more than the Democrats and Republicans both running crappy candidates and the people deciding to go with the most ridiculous one out of spite.

I missed this very telling comment on my earlier read through the thread. Spot on. As ludicrous as the lies promoted in the OP are ... along with all the myriad piles of trivial dreck that has been piled up in the aftermath ... the point is solid: the American people ourselves deserved whichever of two horrible options we provided for ourselves.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

You're the partisan rabble rouser, and you have flat out REFUSED to address my magnum opus that cuts to the very core of this topic right here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

All the players are named in that piece, and you all ran from it. Oh except DJ was the only liberal in the site basically that would even touch the piece, and he coudlnt even deny or refute any of it instead just throw hissy fits.

Prove your salt and that of your corporate masters:

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You're the partisan rabble rouser, and you have flat out REFUSED to address my magnum opus that cuts to the very core of this topic right here:

All the players are named in that piece, and you all ran from it. Oh except DJ was the only liberal in the site basically that would even touch the piece, and he coudlnt even deny or refute any of it instead just throw hissy fits.

Prove your salt and that of your corporate masters:

Oh, one more thing ...

I rest my case.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join