It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN claims Russia used Pokemon Go to undermine election

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
So... Some website promoting Black Lives Matter that was registered to an address in Illinois encouraged people to play Pokemon Go. CNN makes the leap that this is proof of Russia attempting to undermine the US election. Yep.
Just stop, CNN. Stop. You're absolutely embarrassing yourselves. You've become the equivalent of the supermarket tabloids that would claim the president secretly gave birth to a bat-boy alien.

An investigation by CNN has discovered that suspected Russian actors allegedly used the popular augmented-reality game Pokemon Go to sow discord and fuel racial tensions among Americans during the 2016 US presidential election.

“And so for the CNN to be targeting or highlighting something like this as breaking news, specifically highlighting any elements from Pokemon Go within the investigation without providing any evidence, is actually kind of indicative of how little facts they’ve had and how much they are trying to continue to paint this election as a big Russian conspiracy.”
Source

I had to laugh at this response:

edit on 10/12/2017 by trollz because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I actually know people that believe that everything said on CNN is immutable fact.

Real scary sh*t.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Finally !!!

They got the real answer !!!

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
How did that guy keep a straight face?
Wow... I might start turning to CNN for comedy. : )

Comedy News Network

edit on 54105431pm312017Thu, 12 Oct 2017 23:54:04 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

There's a difference between a "leap" and a headfirst dive into infinity... just sayin'

I used to watch CNN all the time because I wanted to hear both sides of the argument and they seemed at the time to be the most balanced. Wow, was I wrong! When they starting going off their rocker, I switched... to Fox. Biased, yes, but so far less biased right than CNN (and NBC) is biased left, and they actually admit their bias from time to time.

I find it funny that the people who try to claim Fox is biased are actually the ones helping Fox's ratings, because of the wild tales they parrot from CNN and NBC.

I wish we still had Al Jazeera America...

TheRedneck

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

I actually know people that believe that everything said on CNN is immutable fact.

Real scary sh*t.

There is definitely more than a few on ATS, without naming names.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
CNN is now just a big joke. There was a time, when CNN just reported the news... that was a long time ago...

CNN (Clinton News Network) is just a mouthpiece for the liberal left.

CNN's days are numbered... and not because of Trump, or censorship... because they are no longer relevant.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
You've become the equivalent of the supermarket tabloids that would claim the president secretly gave birth to a bat-boy alien.

Trump giving birth to a bat-boy alien could be considered the biggest success of his Presidency. I doubt CNN would give him credit for it.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

You've become the equivalent of the supermarket tabloids that would claim the president secretly gave birth to a bat-boy alien.

Trump giving birth to a bat-boy alien could be considered the biggest success of his Presidency. I doubt CNN would give him credit for it.

That "bat-boy" alien kicked the crap out of the Taliban. It was in the tabloids, so it must be true.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

originally posted by: Dudemo5

That "bat-boy" alien kicked the crap out of the Taliban. It was in the tabloids, so it must be true.

Seems legit.

(post by MotherMayEye removed for a manners violation)
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
As that anchor said, "mind boggling".

a reply to: ColdWisdom

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

(post by MotherMayEye removed for a manners violation)
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Inside the minds of liberals is a scary and dark place.

Makes no sense either.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

This actually makes some sense pokemon Go could be used as a weapon by Psy-ops.
But The Russians again ? But CNN Keeps flogging the dead horse ad infinitum.... lol

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Huh?

Ok I missed everything.

Could someone please explain to me how Pokemon Go was used by Russians to influence the election?
At least theoretically how? What's the claim?

I don't have the brainpower to connect the dots on this one, and I'm usually really good at connecting stuff that is really challenging to connect.

Is this like a Butterfly Effect theory or something? I'm just not getting it.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Fox News is biased also. Independent is truly the way to go

(post by Thenail removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join