It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Says that Anti-America TV Networks Could Lose Their Broadcast License.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: trollz

This really is a difficult subject. I don't trust ANY news network. Left, right, centre, above or below... I always pray that common sense will always prevail. However, I do think that the MSM have a lot to answer for.

This is who I trust:

RT has bagged nine medals at this year's New York Festivals awards for the world’s best TV and film work. The channel's series of special reports from Libya and a documentary on the water crisis in India received top prizes.
The RT network was nominated in 18 categories of the prestigious international television and film competition, and received awards in half of them – two gold, four silver and three bronze.
Source

Now watch me get slammed by a bunch of people screaming "But Russia! Putin! Propaganda!" who have never even read or watched RT.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I agree with you on this one. The media should be able to say wtf they want. People should know by now that a lot of information is twisted to fit narratives.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: DanteGaland

Sometimes you "conservatives" sure seem to WANT to live in a backwards, third-world SNIP hole.

Conservatives and Tumpeteers are two different beings.

Trumpheads THINK they're conservatives, and a LOT of conservatives voted along party lines.

You don't have to be a MAGA hat-wearing, KOOL AID drinking Trump fan to shoulder the blame. REGULAR registered Republicans voted for this anti-American buffon.

Republicans, conservatives and Trump fans: it's all party over country.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

When the KOOL AID wears off and you see it was REALLY Russian vodka I promise NOT to say "I told you so..."

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Sure.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Trump supporters and Trump himself is more an enemy of this country and its principles.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

I think many that voted for Trump did so more as an anti-Hillary action than a pro-Trump one. Can't blame them for that. They didn't know what they were going to get. Today they would probably just stay home and not vote.

link   

Yeah, I do like RT. Whether they're more trust worthy than western media? I don't know but it's certainly more realistic journalism.

link   
The party of "Real Patriots" is now OPENLY supporting an official who repeatedly attacks the First Amendment and Constitution.

So, when does that OATH to uphold The Constitution kick in?

OH, and this is all LIKELY a distraction from Trump not enforcing the Russia sanctions.

THOSE were supposed to take effect on October 1st. He's done nothing, despite a 98/2 vote in the Senate in favor of them.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I think many that voted for Trump did so more as an anti-Hillary action than a pro-Trump one. Can't blame them for that. They didn't know what they were going to get. Today they would probably just stay home and not vote.

I think that's incredibly forgiving of you. It was pretty clear that in voting for Trump they thought a mentally ill authoritarian dictator would be better than the first female president. It really wasn't a tough choice for any person who knows how to weigh things. They were morons then and they prove it more so now.

link   

I blame them. They had plenty of foreknowledge. They chose NOT to listen, but instead buy into the 30+ years of Republican smearing on Hillary.

Sure. She sucked, and we'd have more the SAME.

BUT...is the SAME better than what we have NOW?

link   
a reply to: carewemust

Not sure what all is involved in that. Sounds like a dangerous move, like a free speech kind of issue, but I don't know what it actually is. If it's something like suing them into the ground for libel then go for it.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

a reply to: Phage

I agree with you on this one. The media should be able to say wtf they want. People should know by now that a lot of information is twisted to fit narratives.
People don't know any better and quite a few are pretty ignorant in that respect. Proof is in the pudding, twitter, FB, its an article, its got likes and approves. Even though its fake news. Thats the overall point.

At which point, this, I believe stems on accountability. When it becomes an issue of national security, then it becames a state issue. News of increasing our Nuclear stockpile by ten fold from NBC is pretty damning and our enemies will take notice. Does it have to be true? NO, however its seeded in the minds of those other nations. This is completely irresponsible and if it means pullig their license in that regard, then pull it, tear it and don't look back.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Trump supporters and Trump himself is more an enemy of this country and its principles.
Wrong.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: loam

The FOIA issue is far to complicated to discuss without research.

It's not that complicated. The AP did the work in March of last year.

Report: Obama denied a record 77 percent of FOIA requests

edit on 11-10-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Wrong.

Truth hurts.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I think that's incredibly forgiving of you. It was pretty clear that in voting for Trump they thought a mentally ill authoritarian dictator would be better than the first female president. It really wasn't a tough choice for any person who knows how to weigh things. They were morons then and they prove it more so now.

Exactly.

GOD FORBID a woman becomes POTUS right after our first black one...

Trump was an "F-you" to America vote, and voters are DOUBLING DOWN rather than admitting they made a mistake.

Own up. MAN UP. Take some of that "personal responsibility" and ADMIT you fell for the lies, propaganda ect.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

NOPE a political( BIG MISTAKE) or huge national emergency, declared, activates the COG.
THAT is the only way

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

So we need to educate people. Damn, that's a big task.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Trump as a chaos attack on LAWYERS and their enclave alone.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join