It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Says that Anti-America TV Networks Could Lose Their Broadcast License.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Obviously you need this because you've stopped thinking for yourself.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

Yeah you hope for state sponsored propaganda and the end of free press.

I hope for more Big bang theory and The Goldbergs and screw the news. uninformed is better then misinformed.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

originally posted by: intrepid
Hey. I thought you guys were all for the Constitution. What happened?

The Constitution is not a body of law that governs the behavior of individuals,

You're right. It put limitations on what the government can do.

...we're talking about MSM. It has nothing to do with individual free speech.

You should be informed before spouting off:

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, ensuring that there is no prohibition on the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble, or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, as one of the ten amendments that constitute the Bill of Rights.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

We aren't talking about the "free media" the founders envisioned, Trep.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You, and the other people who agree with this topic, must really hate your own Constitution.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

We aren't talking about the "free media" the founders envisioned, Trep.

And neither were they talking about semiautomatic weapons with the 2nd but that didn't stop you guys from claiming it so.

Quite frankly I'm shocked at your stance here. I thought it would have been the opposite.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Yeah you hope for state sponsored propaganda and the end of free press.

No, what I hope for is exactly the opposite. Free press, rather than powerful organizations suppressing content, such as Facebook, Google and Youtube removing news and videos they don't want you to see, or demonetizing content creators who have differing political views. What I hope for is a media that isn't controlled by a number of people I can count on my fingers.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
After targeting these, what will he have an an American version of an RT? That's wrong on so many levels.

After broadcasting licensing loss of those networks critical of him, what's left, Fox(not always trusting of him anyway)? I guess Brietbart is out. Alt media(internet, radio news, etc.) is full of click-bait and agenda as well.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Trump has been attacking the freedom of the press since before he took office. He’s a dictator wannabe. Anyone who doesn’t see that is just a total idiot or Nazi at this point. He needs to be removed from office. He and his supporters have threatened and caused enough harm to this country already. Get him out.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Exactly. As much as I hate the MSM, anyone with an inquisitive mind can easily call out their bullsh!t. I think this is very dangerous territory. The MSM is already killing itself, why not just let it die a graceful death? Survival of the fittest comes to mind.
edit on 11-10-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: Auto correct bs

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

There's no nefarious plot required for markets to consolidate, it's what they do. It's one of those things that people don't understand about free market capitalism generally.

There's a consolidation curve. Initially, in a new market, you'll start with a single company and then quickly the market expands and several competitors spring up, all vying for a market share. What follows is a period of consolidation as they merge into a handful of dominate players who are all trying to expand their business. Once the market is mature, it's thoroughly saturated and the few remaining competitors, very commonly three (and hence the "rule of three"), basically just stay dominate and compete closely with one another in a generally very stable fashion.

That's just how markets operate. That doesn't mean that it's a good thing for consumers though. I believe that it's not a good thing for media to be as consolidated as it is. If you accept that the answer to whether or not intervention is required is "yes" then the question becomes "how?"

(post by spiritualzombie removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

We're not talking about the muskets they envisioned either. That doesn't mean that tossing out the 2A is a good idea.
edit on 2017-10-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, ensuring that there is no prohibition on the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble, or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, as one of the ten amendments that constitute the Bill of Rights.

en.wikipedia.org...

You got it backwards, I'm talking about Trump towards MSM.... MSM is not the press.. it's FAKE NEWS!

And yes, I am right about the Constitution.

edit on 46104631pm312017Wed, 11 Oct 2017 15:46:09 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

You got backwards, I'm talking about Trump towards MSM.... MSM is not the press it's FAKE NEWS!

The MSM is absolutely the press. Don’t be an idiot. Fake News is what trump supporters have been swallowing down every day. They’ve gone batty.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: loam

There was in fact a public outcry over the DOJ wiretapping James Rosen

Not really. I just did an informal poll of 7 people who happen to be near me.

Q1: Is Trump a threat to free speech? Majority yes.
Q2: Was Obama ever a threat to free speech? Universal no.
Q3: Who is James Rosen? No one knew.

As for the other links, your sources actually disprove the point you're trying to make.

Because you say so? Nope.

1) "40 media outlets were up in arms because they felt photographers weren't getting enough access to photograph Obama at the WH? That seems like a fairly large reaction."

I get the media complained. What about the public? That was my point. It didn't matter, because Obama was the free and open President-- even when it wasn't remotely true.

2) "The "exclude Fox news" thing really didn't go anywhere in particular though did it? Dunn was replaced the following month. Was Fox excluded from briefings? Did Robert Gibbs pull a Sean Spicer with anyone from Fox al a Spicer/Acosta? Did the Obama administration disallow video broadcasts of WH press briefings to punish the media? Did Obama himself attack conservative media, calling them liars and "fake news" on a daily basis? "

Guess these aren't relevant:

Documents Show Obama White House Attacked, Excluded Fox News Channel

Behind the War Between White House and Fox

...but lets not pretend that there was no outrage then or that the level of outrage you perceive is somehow a justification for ignoring what Trump proposes, which is the wholesale shutdown of media organizations critical of the administration.

I'm not justifying or even supporting Trump's threat. I'm just keeping it in perspective. 'Wholesale shutdown' hasn't happened and isn't going to happen.

But I will contrast Trump's license revocation threat with Obama's actual acts, such as the FOIA issue, which you seem to have decided not to address.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

You got backwards, I'm talking about Trump towards MSM.... MSM is not the press it's FAKE NEWS!

The MSM is absolutely the press. Don’t be an idiot. Fake News is what trump supporters have been swallowing down every day. They’ve gone batty.

So your buying the MSM pedophilia Russian narrative... Good luck with that.

MSM has committed TREASON against the president by reporting fake news, they are trying to oust him under false pretenses. I'm pretty sure the Constitution contains treason...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
But I will contrast Trump's license revocation threat with Obama's actual acts...

Why? I mean aside from the fact that it's not the topic.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

MSM has committed TREASON against the president by reporting fake news, they are trying to oust him under false pretenses. I'm pretty sure the Constitution contains treason...

Cripes. I wish it covered stupidity.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

LOL... wow, you just went full retard.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join