It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Says that Anti-America TV Networks Could Lose Their Broadcast License.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Bullsh*t. If you’re in favor of the egomaniac authoritarian shutting down all news sources that are critical of him— all that leaves is propaganda. Go find a dictatorship to suck off.

No, I'm not in support of someone shutting down news sources for being critical. I'm in support of someone shutting down news sources for blatantly lying, using psychological manipulation techniques, and conspiring together to push political agendas on the entire public.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie
Wtf are you talking about? Discuss this rationally, it's a difficult subject but we need not jump the gun.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

Bullsh*t. If you’re in favor of the egomaniac authoritarian shutting down all news sources that are critical of him— all that leaves is propaganda. Go find a dictatorship to suck off.

No, I'm not in support of someone shutting down news sources for being critical. I'm in support of someone shutting down news sources for blatantly lying, using psychological manipulation techniques, and conspiring together to push political agendas on the entire public.

As president Trump's Administration keeps filling up with new people and he learns the ropes about how things operate, punishing CNN NBC and other anti-American networks will be easy.

With president Trump, more than any president before him, where there's a will, he will find a way to get it done. He has been doing this successfully for almost 50 years now.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: carewemust

No. This is not something that should excite you. It's appallingly wrong and completely contrary to free, democratic society, it's unconstitutional and it's against bedrock American values.

The President has no respect for our country or our Constitution. These tweets are quite possibly the most abhorrent things he's tweeted and that's saying something.

Now now, you can't expect Trump or his cultists to have actually read the entire 1st Amendment. They act like it's only "free speech for conservative views".

This has become so absurd to me that I can only laugh about it. People here took up for literal neo-nazis on "free speech" grounds. Then they attacked NFL players for kneeling, not only saying they should "do free speech on their own time" (like Mnuchin said) but also saying that it's unpatriotic. But now, they act happy to see the President threaten to shut down the free press. All of these situations are covered by the 1st Amendment, yet they literally don't seem to understand that or to care about it.

And remember, they're the ones who love to claim that they're the "super patriotic & pro-Constitution" party. I'm not a betting man, but if I were, I'd bet that at least half of Trump's followers would support banning gun ownership for left wingers if he proposed it. 2nd Amendment be damned.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

originally posted by: intrepid

Hey. I thought you guys were all for the Constitution. What happened?

The Constitution is not a body of law that governs the behavior of individuals,

You're right. It put limitations on what the government can do.

...we're talking about MSM. It has nothing to do with individual free speech.

You should be informed before spouting off:

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, ensuring that there is no prohibition on the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble, or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, as one of the ten amendments that constitute the Bill of Rights.

en.wikipedia.org...

You got backwards, I'm talking about Trump towards MSM.... MSM is not the press it's FAKE NEWS!

And yes, I am right about the Constitution.

The MSM is absolutely the press. Don’t be an idiot. Fake News is what trump supporters have been swallowing down every day. They’ve gone batty.

So your buying the MSM pedophilia Russian narrative... Good luck with that.

MSM has committed TREASON against the president by reporting fake news, they are trying to oust him under false pretenses. I'm pretty sure the Constitution contains treason...

LOL... wow, you just went full retard.

It's better than going full liberal... that's the ultimate low.

link   
a reply to: trollz

This really is a difficult subject. I don't trust ANY news network. Left, right, centre, above or below... I always pray that common sense will always prevail. However, I do think that the MSM have a lot to answer for.
edit on 11-10-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: trollz

As president Trump's Administration keeps filling up with new people and he learns the ropes about how things operate, punishing CNN NBC and other anti-American networks will be easy.

With president Trump, more than any president before him, where there's a will, he will find a way to get it done. He has been doing this successfully for almost 50 years now.

Being anti-free press is being Anti-American. Trump is acting anti-American with this move--- as are all people who support this.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
ALL WE NEED TO DO is REPEAL the law,and JUMP on stations for not separating opinion based info from factual info by verified laws.
I DON'T care about their PARTYS any more I 'm sick of all that.
AFTER what we learned since the end of WWII, WE all SHOULD be, if we have any BRAINS.
www.zerohedge.com...

WE ARE resisting the REAL "MAN" Since HIPPIES only dance around and bitch,and are distracted by social issues devised originally by KGB agents, if impotent to us tactically.
I hear they are QUITE proud of Bill Ayers in secrecy.
Patty Hearst, NOT so much,BUT HEY, NOW we have A WHOLE FACTION of "PATTY HEARST'S" to play with, that Soros is bank rolling.
They want US ALL to start shunning "John Wayne" style men so control can be firmly established and there aren't any black rifles to impedee the last trip to the the BOX car,for processing for a better utopia.
WE'LL HAVE to be dead first.
edit on 11-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: carewemust

No. This is not something that should excite you. It's appallingly wrong and completely contrary to free, democratic society, it's unconstitutional and it's against bedrock American values.

The President has no respect for our country or our Constitution. These tweets are quite possibly the most abhorrent things he's tweeted and that's saying something.

Now now, you can't expect Trump or his cultists to have actually read the entire 1st Amendment. They act like it's only "free speech for conservative views".

This has become so absurd to me that I can only laugh about it. People here took up for literal neo-nazis on "free speech" grounds. Then they attacked NFL players for kneeling, not only saying they should "do free speech on their own time" (like Mnuchin said) but also saying that it's unpatriotic. But now, they act happy to see the President threaten to shut down the free press. All of these situations are covered by the 1st Amendment, yet they literally don't seem to understand that or to care about it.

And remember, they're the ones who love to claim that they're the "super patriotic & pro-Constitution" party. I'm not a betting man, but if I were, I'd bet that at least half of Trump's followers would support banning gun ownership for left wingers if he proposed it. 2nd Amendment be damned.

Well said. They're really f*cking dumb people. I don't really have the words anymore. And it's become impossible to respect their views when they're such sh*t views.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
If you SUPPORT this, you're not an American.

Then again...

SOON:

"It's all a JOKE people! The POTUS was just playing around!"

^^ Conservative talking points for tomorrow

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
ALL WE NEED TO DO is REPEAL the law,and JUMP on stations for not separating opinion based info from factual info by verified laws.
I DON'T care about their PARTYS any more I 'm sick of all that.
AFTER what we learned since the end of WWII, WE all SHOULD be, if we have any BRAINS.
www.zerohedge.com...

OR people could EDUCATE themselves enough to know the difference between "opinion" and "fact".

You know, be responsible consumers of media.

Just an idea.

link   
Good.

Lets do it. You don't get to slander and throw tantrums because the person you voted for didn't get elected. This isn't about freedom of press, rather, ethics and morality. The constant negative coverage is unethical and considering its everywhere, damn near immoral.

I believe the stance stems on that foundation. Fox news, for what its worth, has been pretty good as of late, simply because they aren't completely negative based.

Some of the lefties in here sure did go into full on meltdown, very amusing.

link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Well you'd need a constitutional amendment for that. THAT ain't happenin.

link   

originally posted by: loam
But I will contrast Trump's license revocation threat with Obama's actual acts...

Why? I mean aside from the fact that it's not the topic.

Did you just stick your fingers in your ears???

Let's be clear...Trumps tweet is as follows:

“With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!”

Link.

So Trump asks a simple question. At face value, it's not even an EXPLICIT threat. But everyone gets their panties all in a wad.

Bush and Obama crap on the First Amendment in countless ways through actual acts of commission and most of the same people that are hyperventilating now seemed awfully quiet then. Indeed, many supported those administrations' acts.

The point being, all this outrage and fear mongering still smells of Trump hate in search of additional justification.

edit on 11-10-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

This isn't about freedom of press, rather, ethics and morality.

It is exactly about freedom of the press.

The civil rights of none shall be abridged on account of religious belief or worship, nor shall any national religion be established, nor shall the full and equal rights of conscience be in any manner, or on any pretext, infringed. The people shall not be deprived or abridged of their right to speak, to write, or to publish their sentiments; and the freedom of the press, as one of the great bulwarks of liberty, shall be inviolable. The people shall not be restrained from peaceably assembling and consulting for their common good; nor from applying to the Legislature by petitions, or remonstrances, for redress of their grievances.

link   
a reply to: Arnie123

We should BAN and get rid of Brietbart, Infowars and OTHER sources of "FAKE NEWS" then too?

You'd be OK with that as well?

What's left then? State-run media?

What is this? North Korea?

Sometimes you "conservatives" sure seem to WANT to live in a backwards, third-world SNIP hole.

link   
a reply to: loam

You think Trump's attack on the media has anything to do with a certain investigation and what may inevitably need to be reported by all MSM.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

Sometimes you "conservatives" sure seem to WANT to live in a backwards, third-world SNIP hole.

Conservatives and Tumpeteers are two different beings.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I don't know what to tell you if you turned to 7 people near you and they didn't remember the Rosen & AP scandals. It wasn't even that long ago, that was the beginning of Obama's second term. Maybe the growth in social media platforms and news media consumption accounts for some of the disparity.

Maybe you work with people with super short memories. Maybe they just were paying attention. But there was outrage by those who were.

As for the "Fox was excluded" thing. That doesn't change anything. The NYT article is the source of your original source isn't it? The JW documents pertain to the same month (October 2009) under the same WH communications director who was replaced in November of 2009. So it seems that the Obama admin sought early on to exclude Fox from interviews but did it actually happen?

But if you really want to go down that road:

White House blocks CNN, New York Times from press briefing hours after Trump slams media

The White House on Friday barred news outlets — including CNN, the New York Times, Politico and the Los Angeles Times — from attending an off-camera press briefing held by spokesman Sean Spicer, igniting another controversy concerning the relationship between the Trump administration and the media.

That was February of this year. So if we're going to contrast, the Trump administration actually did exclude sources that were critical of the President. Correct?

I'm not justifying or even supporting Trump's threat. I'm just keeping it in perspective. 'Wholesale shutdown' hasn't happened and isn't going to happen.

But I will contrast Trump's license revocation threat with Obama's actual acts, such as the FOIA issue, which you seem to have decided not to address.

You're not supporting or justifying, you're just trying to derail with shotgun argumentation which amounts to what if not defense by deflection?

The FOIA issue is far to complicated to discuss without research. Are *you* prepared to address it in painstaking detail in the midst of a different discussion? Have you got a breakdown of the agencies, the historical rates of fulfillment, an analysis of the nature of the requests and whom made them, etc? There's some statistics with meager context in your AP source. And hey, if you want to have that discussion, do the legwork and post a thread about it. Don't try to place the onus on me to run around responding to a handful of links you're throwing out because you don't want to weigh in on the topic of what Donald Trump, the current President of the United States, is advocating on Twitter.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

No way in hell.
Emotions override when things get NASTY without effective self control. ,ABOUT AT LEAST 50% of the population can't do that.
Witness the fear ofd WW#3 about Korea.
A LESSER FORCE than IRAQ which took 3 days ALONE once boots walked in.
THE only difference is THESE guys don't hide ,they come at you,they like emotional human wave assaults in the glorious conquest of the of the COWARDLY Americans, which will make 1st Cav's HORRIBLE job much easier and fast,if they are SO stupid they die for that crap
ALL they have that we can't kill MIGHT be something UNDER GROUND ,I expect a nukE (THANKS IRAN ,YOU'RE NEXT)
China won't move cause, MONEY , and if we war with them WE get to take away all their stuff we have here ....like BANK accounts and Russia is tied up with THEIR OWN expansionism.
ALL that is called wrong because they think Trump is crazy.
edit on 11-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join