It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Says that Anti-America TV Networks Could Lose Their Broadcast License.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Remember that 'news' station that was going around telling people not to read Clintons emails?

Remember that "news" station that said that Seth Rich leaked DNC emails to Wikileaks?

I mean, as long as licenses are being revoked, and all...
edit on 10/11/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I think Trump has a great ideal, especially when fake news incites violence with lies.... kill MSM F-YEAH!

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The President is getting seriously fed up with FAKE NEWS that undermines the United States. It's about time!

President Trump openly threatened Wednesday to go after the licenses of "NBC and the Networks," as he ratcheted up his complaints about "Fake News."

“With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!” Trump tweeted.

“Fake @NBCNews made up a story that I wanted a ‘tenfold’ increase in our U.S. nuclear arsenal. Pure fiction, made up to demean. NBC=CNN!” Trump tweeted Wednesday. 

Full Story: www.foxnews.com...

Because CNN is on TV's all over the world, President Trump should direct the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to go after that Anti-America FAKE NEWS network first. Go get em Mr. President!

-CareWeMust

So he's going after fake news? Great! Fox News should be the first to lose their license followed closely by MSNBC. Yes?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

The government should not be allowed to revoke broadcasting licenses for something along these lines.

The government has to grant those licenses do they not? So along what lines should they be allowed to revoke them?

Media Spreading lies as real news is pretty bad...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: KawRider9

Yes, it is. What's more concerning is that so many support this...

could this be a symptom of a subconscious distrust of the main stream news?
regardless, chipping away at the first amendment is a bad direction to travel.

as an american, donald trump has every right to speak his mind.
but as the leader of the country, he has a responsibility to defend the constitution and the laws of the land. i had to look this article up myself. at first i believed this story to be an onion joke. sad to see it's legit.

how far have we fallen, that americans think it is a good idea to chip away at the first amendment?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Remember them ALL saying Russia hacked the election?

Remember that ?

Conveniently ignoring the FACT the electoral college determines our elections.

But hey who cares.

How bout we treat the media like we do gun owners and make them undergo background checks or revoking their driver's licenses for driving under the influence.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Remember them ALL saying Russia hacked the election?
I don't remember any of them saying that, actually.

How bout we treat the media like we do gun owners and make them undergo background checks or revoking their driver's licenses for driving under the influence.
The FCC does regulate broadcast media.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
It's pretty easy to fact check the who, what, where, when and ignore the coulda, woulda, shoulda. When you do that, you realize that while biased one way or another... 'fake news' is not an accurate description of the MSM.

Exactly. Just because I don't agree with how something is presented doesn't make it fake news, reality isn't black and white. And no forces you (you in the general sense) to watch CNN or ABC. Also, no one forces you to believe them blindly. If you want to be told what to think rather than thinking for yourself, then maybe the problem is in you and not in the media.

I used to roll my eyes when people compared Trump to dictators, but this need to control the public opinion is kind of ominous.
edit on 11-10-2017 by Cutepants because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Does that include repeating the lies of the president?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

fake news is fake news..

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Why didnt you answer my other question?? Ill ask again along what lines should they be allowed to revoke the license?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

The government should not be allowed to revoke broadcasting licenses for something along these lines.

The government has to grant those licenses do they not? So along what lines should they be allowed to revoke them?

Awesome job cherry picking there, champ.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK
a reply to: carewemust

The government should not be allowed to revoke broadcasting licenses for something along these lines. That is a dictatorship.

It's this kind of crap that makes me awfully glad I did not vote for Trump. Much the same as I did not vote for anyone, because it was all crap for choices.

If anything should be done to CNN, it should be because what they were calling news was actually opinion. And shy of habitually misrepresenting their "facts" as news, they should not be penalized by loosing their license because the President does not like what they have to say.

You need to look at the reasons why the news networks consolidated into just six owners. The same thing happened with ITV (Independent TeleVision) in the UK. Back in the 1990's, we had dozens of regional broadcast studios all making their own programming/TV series and news. After the requirements to provide educational programming were removed (they claimed due to commmercial pressures), there were dozens of mergers, the news production was moved to London and they stopped making educational programming, and all the drama production was consolidated into a couple of areas.
Usually done on a recommendation by Goldman Sachs.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Why didnt you answer my other question?? Ill ask again along what lines should they be allowed to revoke the license?

I don't know. Why don't you look into the requirements for licensing?

I don't think the whining of the president should be included though.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK

Awesome job cherry picking there, champ.

Cherry pick? I just asked a question lol. Great deflection though.
edit on 11-10-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

I honestly have no idea what you're getting at. Corporate mergers happen, how does this impact what should or should not happen to their broadcasting license?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This is a very revealing thread that exposes some Trump supporters.

Many Trump supporters would basically sell their soul to support him.

Its go Trump right or wrong.

His tweet should be seen as frightening and abhorrent to every American

Taking the free speech away from a network because he doesn’t like what they report about him.

Imagine Obama saying that and how you people would be howling like coyotes in the night if he threatened; let’s say Fox as Trump threatened NBC.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Maybe you will answer this. If a News outlet say CNN knowingly reports false stories as real for ratings or politics or whatever should they be held accountable?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

If you don't understand what I meant by cherry picking, or how it is that you did just that, you need some nap time.

edit on 11-10-2017 by FHomerK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Maybe you will answer this. If a News outlet say CNN knowingly reports false stories as real for ratings or politics or whatever should they be held accountable?

Go back and re-read what I said.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join