It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Pence’s NFL Walkout Was a Cheap, Transparent Stunt (at a cost to the taxpayer)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SeastheDay

4 percent of what?

Vendors, merchandise, food, parking, security, maintenance, etc...does everyone not pay income or sales tax?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: network dude

WAG THE DOG

Yes, again, good to see you catching up.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Do I have to like when politicians wag the dog?
edit on 9-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotTheCIA

Ok, I'll start there. 156k/365=$400. Was that supposed to be impressively large? Only $999,600 left to account for.

No, the daily cost for security and all support of the VP, not his pay check...silly

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

They think they ARE the dog.

That is a major problem for us. To be fair, though...most people think the constitution tells them what they can and cannot do. Instead of it being the chain that leashes back government.

People also think rights are privileges. And, in this discussion, that the first amendment protects you while at work.

It is almost impossible to estimate how under or uneducated my countrymen are.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian
Maybe the Iranians will let us borrow some money. You know, from the pallets of cash that their buddy O sent them.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

They also mix up that the owners are allowing the behavior. Probably because they have heard the players life stories over the years and also they can't have a bunch of pisswd of employees.

It will stop when they loose money,,funny trumps loosing money as well. From guys like kraft.

I agree.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

If their contracts don't have such a clause you have to pay them to stand in the locker room.

They do not need to stand in the locker room... they can sit. You do not need to pay anything. Their contract says when they will show up and their employer can dictate responsibilities. As example, one owner has said just that, stand or not play...

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

People also think rights are privileges. And, in this discussion, that the first amendment protects you while at work.

It is almost impossible to estimate how under or uneducated my countrymen are.

And many think privileges are rights...

In this case it is not a 1st Amendment argument. Even when the White House shows displeasure, or if the owners dictate that they will not protest, it is still not a 1st argument.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Do I have to like when politicians wag the dog?

LOL, nope. You can get as mad as you like. Hell, you can even make posts about it. But you have to live with it.
every time it happens.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The Vice President of the USA, under ORDERS from the POTUS...

Was protesting others exercising their RIGHT to peacefully protest.

..."It's a mad world"....

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

You know...thats the thing....the stories you tell about kids who kick their own asses up the ladder...i know it happens. Its not just in sports. I've hired young people doing this on their own, using my job as a step to something better. I've had some of them stay to work with me and learn some of what I know, using that down the road.

If im being really honest, its part of my own story. Not because I didn't have connections and family, but because I was too stupid to take advantage of it when it was made available. When I was ready to grow up, the only option I had left was kicking my own ass and making something happen, as I didn't have anyones patience for support any more. I come from oilfield trash, and times were always hard. But my family had respect, and my grandparents had property. So there was help available to me at one time, if i'd just taken it.

But I get it (and talk about it a lot on ATS)...the system is geared to keep the poor isolated and poor. This tends to be minorities more often than not. I'd rather see the players use the microphone time to highlight this, and less of what I saw from Lebron, where they engage in a stupid twitterfight with DJT. Im down for some change in our society. I want everyone to have a chance. I want peoples cultures to not be criminalized.

I want The American Dream. If our flag actually represented that, I'd never kneel for it.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Hurts the economy...nope. What scandals? There are none unless you read HuffPo. Lack of effectiveness? Sorry, he is showing leadership and he is calling out a group not individuals. As hard as the media wants to make this about race it is not. It is about principle.

The POTUS says we must respect our flag and national anthem and he is condemned.
The former POTUS says police are stupid and he wins a Nobel Peace Prize.

Man...something is a little skewed here do you not think so? It is not I who is falling for the rhetoric of Trump but you who blindly hate because of what...the media?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Oh I know. I am not an sjw. Just a guy extremely pissed about politics over country. I hate me all equally. Well not true but it isn't a party thing.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Do you think they even considered if this would help the country? That should be the overpowering reason for them to do anything. I think they did but decided to pander to one side as opposed to making a decision for the good of all. Here's a question overlooked. How much would it have cost to not show up to this game at all?

link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Lurker1

People were not happy about it at all, but you would only know that, if the opinions of people who have different opinions than yours, mattered a damn to you.

You don't know me, FOREIGNER, so back the "F" off.

I live here. YOU DON'T. Few people follow what goes on in this madhouse as closely as I do.

Obama's abuse of the American taxpayer is legendary.

link   
*mumbling*

IMO it's more respectful to KNEEL.

You KNEEL when being knighted. It shows grace, humulity AND subservience.

BUT... what do I know?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

So a NFL event is an 'average daily rate' security detail to you?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude Trump has an opinion. Is he not allowed to have one now?

It's called conflict of interest. If it were just an opinion, the backlash would not be nearly what it is. It was multiple tweets over multiple days, to setting up someone to "walk out" during a game to try and make a point. To the point where Jerry Jones (who only a couple of games ago knelt with players) told his players to either stand during the anthem or sit out the game! All because Pence walked out. Which he was obviously told to do. That is much more than just having an opinion. That is Trump directly interceding to try and force players to stand during the anthem.

Not sure what alarms me more - that he did this, or that actual supposed citizens of the United States defend the action - saying it is "ok" to force players to stand instead of protesting in their own way. Apparently having rights only matters if it is not something you care about, or doesn't directly affect you.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Well considering you never actually address my points I would say it's impossible to tell you. The NFL is an economy. Vendors, cleats, camera guys...etc...duh!

Scandals his kids are inept to hold public office and keep showing up in the news, he can't lead the entire country but focuses on only his base, his party won't work with him, he is vulgar and a terrible rile model, he has basic ideas that have no substance or understanding, can't keep anyone in the cabinet, needs to have handlers,....I could go on and each has emperical evidence.

Heil trump, we must respect our leader no matter what?

He is deflecting from all his failures.

edit on 9-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join