It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Pence’s NFL Walkout Was a Cheap, Transparent Stunt (at a cost to the taxpayer)

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

So the president and vice president aren't allowed to go, they are allowed but only if they stay for the whole thing, they aren't allowed to comment on anything politically at all with their actions ...

What would you have them do?

Oh! I know ... they should take a knee too!

edit on 9-10-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So the president and vice president aren't allowed to go, they are allowed but only if they stay for the whole thing, they aren't allowed to comment on anything politically at all with their actions ...

Who said they aren't allowed to go?
Do you agree that this is a cheap stunt by Pence using our tax money? They will continue to kneel anyway so it was a waste of our tax money that should be better spent on important things.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

He would have stayed if they would not have protested through the national anthem.

So he's dumb enough to think they wouldn't have protested or didn't know they would?
Really?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

As if we only have the money that was spent on Pence. As if there's not another few hundred billion dollars in the governments coffers. Why weren't you complaining about the lack of money sent before this occurrence? I find this to be a feeble partisan attempt to attack the current administration. It's quite sad really.. As if ALL presidents haven't done their own publicity stunts. Bush on the aircraft carrier. Obama had his fair share. Michelle was the QUEEN of publicity stunts. Fact is publicity stunts are entrenched in politics. Get used to it..

edit on 9-10-2017 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

He would have stayed if they would not have protested through the national anthem.

So he's dumb enough to think they wouldn't have protested or didn't know they would?
Really?

He was smart enough to know they were to dumb to not kneel

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: libertytoall

Really?

He was smart enough to know they were to dumb to not kneel

How are they dumb? They had hand over chest facing the flag. Standing is not required. They still respected the flag.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Let me go buy a TV at a big box store and have the salesperson at the register kneel and tell me he's protesting police brutality. I'll tell him to get the f up and ring up my tv. You see politics have no place in the workplace. Nobody is against freedom of speech or his ability to protest. YOU JUST DON'T DO IT AT WORK. YOU JUST DON'T PISS OFF YOUR CUSTOMERS.

That's why they're dumb. It's common sense. Any company that had an employee offending their customers is getting Shi..CANNED regardless of the 2nd amendment. GTFO.
edit on 9-10-2017 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Oh but it's pocket change right? So who cares right?

The whole is getting heavy!
We have been notified that our low-cost health care will be 1600$ starting January. We will be charged
$475 a month and the state taxpayers carry the rest. No way we can pay that our mortgage payment is 700$ a month we have not had insurance for years because we could not afford it.

Anyway, we never could find a Dr while covered, they were listed on the Insurance website as taking new patients and taking our health plan. The few of the Drs who actually existed was NOT taking new patients. At least if we had a bad something happen we could have gone to a hospital but no more. Now we will be paying near 1000$ a year FINE!
The whole thing stinks.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: libertytoall

Nice rant.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
BECAUSE WE FEEL LIKE IT,and don't want to make laws for it.
now ,for posterity here,TELL US ALL how it feels...civilian man.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Football players play football at work. They don't train to stand for the National Anthem. People pay to go to games to watch football players play football, not watch them stand for the National Anthem.

edit on 9-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Do you agree that this is a cheap stunt by Pence using our tax money? They will continue to kneel anyway so it was a waste of our tax money that should be better spent on important things.

I think it's dumb of the NFL to piss off its customers and always has been from the very start.

I would have been angrier at Pence if he had left before the anthem was done, but he fulfilled that part of his sworn duty.

I also think that if he had stayed, the press would have used it as an opportunity to create a cheap stunt of their own.

"Mike Pence supports flag protests!"

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I also think that if he had stayed, the press would have used it as an opportunity to create a cheap stunt of their own. "Mike Pence supports flag protests!"

Somehow I doubt it. If Pence was smart he'd have stayed then talked with the football players, discussing the issue. But then again Trump would have yanked his leash.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Football players play football at work. They don't train to stand for the National Anthem. You pay to go to games to watch football players play football, not watch them stand for the National Anthem.

It's something the corporation they work for has decided to partake in. This is insubordination and they deserve a swift dismissal. Your analogy sucks. And don't tell me what I pay to go to games for. You do not have the right do speak for me. GTFO with your sjw nonsense.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

In the stands there are untold numbers of people who don't stand. Depending on my mood, i can sometimes be one. Well...less "mood" and more my physical condition at the time. But still...people shouldn't feel like 1000 eyes are on their every move, and that any minor indiscretion will be snapped onto Twitter with a 160 character tirade on your character.

I'm talking about high school and like games across America.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Your analogy sucks.

LOL, Oh! Okay Einstein! Tell me, when was the last time you went to a Big Box store to buy a TV and the employees protested racism and police brutality by kneeling in front of you and your TV? Talk about sucky analogies! HAHA!

This is insubordination and they deserve a swift dismissal.

It's not insubordination if the owners have allowed it, and in fact they've participated in the protests.

And don't tell me what I pay to go to games for.

If you go to games to watch !

edit on 9-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I think it's dumb of the NFL to piss off its customers and always has been from the very start.

I would have been angrier at Pence if he had left before the anthem was done, but he fulfilled that part of his sworn duty.

I also think that if he had stayed, the press would have used it as an opportunity to create a cheap stunt of their own.

Yes he was forced in to taking a stand but not by the press. Supporters would have been mad and many veterans as well. As you can see even NFL owners are starting to realize they are on the wrong side of the issue. There is better ways to make changes then disrespect the nation. Why arent these NFL players holding rallies in front of police stations? Why arent they at city meetings getting laws changed? Why arent they talking to police commissioners about poolice policy changes or better training. I suspect its because its either to much work or this isnt the real issue choose one.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

How many games dies pence go?

Why would he go knowing the climate, to dare them?

For a twitter op...

Please. Keep drinking the kool-aid. Telling yourself your better than the opposite partisan.

Giving a bum a pass because he is in the same union.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Yes he was forced in to taking a stand but not by the press. Supporters would have been mad and many veterans as well. As you can see even NFL owners are starting to realize they are on the wrong side of the issue. There is better ways to make changes then disrespect the nation. Why arent these NFL players holding rallies in front of police stations? Why arent they at city meetings getting laws changed? Why arent they talking to police commissioners about poolice policy changes or better training. I suspect its because its either to much work or this isnt the real issue choose one.

Lol,

Right.

Standing for flags is easy zombie stuff.
Fixing thing like ptsd well that takes effort, not much commotion about.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Get a national mental health branch,DE-stigmatize mental illness and DEFINE the final legal definition of sanity without political pollution and call me.
IT'S NOT JUST WAR that screws US ALL up its life itself hand our struggle against it's complexity(AS intended for control).

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join