It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Pence’s NFL Walkout Was a Cheap, Transparent Stunt (at a cost to the taxpayer)

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
To the point where Jerry Jones (who only a couple of games ago knelt with players) told his players to either stand during the anthem or sit out the game!.

Depends on what players. Do you think he would make Garrett sit Zeke(probowl rb) or Dak(probowl qb)?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
*mumbling*

IMO it's more respectful to KNEEL.

You KNEEL when being knighted. It shows grace, humulity AND subservience.

BUT... what do I know?

We know that wasn't the intent.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Lurker1

We also know the protest isn't meant to disrespect the flag but who really cares about that either.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

We also know the protest isn't meant to disrespect the flag but who really cares about that either.

But it does.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotTheCIA

So a NFL event is an 'average daily rate' security detail to you?

I said that is where we need to start, right? The number was 1 million cost in security, and all I'm saying is we need to first look at what an average cost is for the VP to go anywhere even though 1 million is a sensationalized number pulled out of someone's butt.

So it seems if he stayed there the whole time no one would have had an issue with it, so why is the cost an issue in any way.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

So it seems if he stayed there the whole time no one would have had an issue with it, so why is the cost an issue in any way.
From the Admin's point of view, that would have been a waste of money. No political points gained.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

The ceremony is to put all focus on the flag for what it stands for. When someone moves that focus from the flag on to themselves for any reason it is disrespectful and self serving. At the end of the day it is just poor form when there are 100s of ways they can do it better.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Sure the presidency is also for adults but that isn't the case either.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Not to me

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Lets be honest here....how long has it been since this country has even remotely resembled what the American flag is supposed to actually stand for? You know, those ideals we hold so high in moments of Exceptionalistic Ruminations?

"United We Stand"....i've only seen that once, after 9/11, and it allowed our government to bend us over real nicely.
"Land of the Free"...yeah, if you ignore our prisons
"The American Dream".....how many people actually dream vs having nightmares? Our economy looks every bit as ugly as our dollar

I love America when its not a rambling, raging drunk.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I hope the no labels, new center idea takes off. Really sick of all the politics over country.

Every stupid unhinged vulgar tweet by the President is also taking a dump on the flag but I guess it's all perspective.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Give me your points. I will address them one by one. I did not know you needed a bulleted list but by you saying Heil Trump I see that it would not matter anyways...

Now, your point about the economy, in the NFL, is not because of Trump or Pence. It is the whiny millionaires on the field taking a knee and then retreating back to their million dollar homes, Xbox Ones, fancy cars and blunts....we should respect that and not our Vice President?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

A politician shouldn't be calling for boycotts or dictating employee policy.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

"Land of the Free"...yeah, if you ignore our prisons

I, personally, am for sending all of them to The Coliseum. Whoever survives can go free.

"Are you not entertained?!"

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Like a president telling a man he has to make a cake for gays? Or who he should hire? Or who should be in the military? Or the president who told companies they had to offer certain healthcare coverage or be fined.

You are right, the president should tell them they have to do it or be fined....just like Obama...

edit on Octpm31pmf0000002017-10-09T17:05:56-05:000556 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Octpm31pmf0000002017-10-09T17:06:21-05:000521 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: amazing
But whey does anyone care if an NFL player protests during the national Anthem?

Would you be mad at me if, I took a knee at a little league game if they played the anthem, because I was protesting something and would you walk out on that game too?

Snowflake alert!

But in all honesty, if you did that and someone walked out, you having made a big deal over them leaving kind of makes you the snowflake. Try to limit your triggering.

If someone doesn't like what you are doing, they have every right to walk away. Smashing you in the face would be a tad over the line, or is that a better avenue for you?

I hear what you're saying. I just don't think people should be so offended. I'm not usually offended by any of this stuff, Just here having a discussion about it. I don't even talk about it in real life.

When we get that offended by things we really get more stressed out, more angry, more depressed more negative and it's such small stuff. LIfe is so short, that we don't have time to be offended by every little thing. We should enjoy life.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

...he says. But, I'm sure you were also outraged at the near 10 TRILLION dollars Obama added to the 20 Trillion National Debt while POTUS, right?

Well... were you?

In other news... 11,000 fewer federal workers since January... so hurray for savings, some of which had to be dead wood! Using the federal average pay figures... that's just shy of 1 BILLION DOLLARS

So, what are you whining about? LOL!?
edit on 9-10-2017 by dasman888 because: Zombie bluejays

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: network dude Trump has an opinion. Is he not allowed to have one now?

It's called conflict of interest. If it were just an opinion, the backlash would not be nearly what it is. It was multiple tweets over multiple days, to setting up someone to "walk out" during a game to try and make a point. To the point where Jerry Jones (who only a couple of games ago knelt with players) told his players to either stand during the anthem or sit out the game! All because Pence walked out. Which he was obviously told to do. That is much more than just having an opinion. That is Trump directly interceding to try and force players to stand during the anthem.

Not sure what alarms me more - that he did this, or that actual supposed citizens of the United States defend the action - saying it is "ok" to force players to stand instead of protesting in their own way. Apparently having rights only matters if it is not something you care about, or doesn't directly affect you.

OK, this is the second time you said it, now you are going to have to explain how in the # anyone was "forced" to do anything. Please take all the space you need to explain it.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Like a president telling a man he has to make a cake for gays? Or who he should hire? Or who should be in the military? Or the president who told companies they had to offer certain healthcare coverage or be fined.

You are right, the president should tell them they have to do it or be fined....just like Obama...

The problem with strawman arguments is they don't work well.

I never voted for Obama. The guy had no experience or record to go off. Nor did I think forcing gay cakes was a great thing to do.

The rest of your comments are false.

He didn't tell the military they had to hire Transgenders he said if they pass the tests they can be open about their identity.

The Healthcare thing us far more complex and off topic. But it turns out forcing birth control lowered abortions by quite a bit. Which exposed the true face of many pro life folks. It was never about the children. It was about forcing morality.
edit on 9-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I am just amazed at all the people who seem to think others have been denied their rights. so far, I don't think anyone has had anything but opinions tossed about. Sure the players are going to have to listen to their bosses, or face the consequences of not listening to them, but that is their choice.

I run a small business. If I decided to let politics enter my business model, I'd likely alienate some customers. I see that as what I like to call "stupid". So I don't do it. But I have no problems with others who decide to do that. I usually stay away from those who think completely different on politics, but that's just my hang up, and I can live with it.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join