It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Pence’s NFL Walkout Was a Cheap, Transparent Stunt (at a cost to the taxpayer)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: NotTheCIA

The money is insignificant, except from the perpective of not being conservative.

The real issue is it was a cheap stunt. Not the first or last to be done in politics but cheap and a stunt no less.

I don't think you understand the greater effect here.

He used American tax dollars, to embrace Boycotting the NFL.

It cost more than $400 to someone.
edit on 9-10-2017 by NotTheCIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

As an eagles fan I have to agree.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotTheCIA

a reply to: NotTheCIA

The money is insignificant, except from the perpective of not being conservative.

The real issue is it was a cheap stunt. Not the first or last to be done in politics but cheap and a stunt no less.

I don't think you understand the greater effect here.

He used American tax dollars, to embrace Boycotting the NFL.

It cost more than $400 to someone.

I understand. And he will most likely be sued eventually and loose millions in donations from the owners.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Why is this a stunt and not a stand? Who cares about cost right now. That is where the focus is.

The VPOTUS is an elected official, who even if you do not agree, should be respected. I did not like Obama but I respected the office. That is what is missing nowadays. When can disagree and still move forward but now, I mean, if the POTUS wnats two scoops of Ice Cream it is the lead story on every media outlet.

He went there and made a statement. If you do not agree with it, like I do not agree with the players kneeling, then so be it.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
But whey does anyone care if an NFL player protests during the national Anthem?

Would you be mad at me if, I took a knee at a little league game if they played the anthem, because I was protesting something and would you walk out on that game too?

Snowflake alert!

But in all honesty, if you did that and someone walked out, you having made a big deal over them leaving kind of makes you the snowflake. Try to limit your triggering.

If someone doesn't like what you are doing, they have every right to walk away. Smashing you in the face would be a tad over the line, or is that a better avenue for you?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

It was stunt because it means nothing and drives a wedge. It literally helps no one.

It hurts the economy and it takes away from his lack of effectiveness as a president and all the scandals dragging him down.
edit on 9-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

When a leader does it and says hey look at me it's a pr stunt.

Particularly when they have real work to do.
edit on 9-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

how is Trump doing anything wrong by wanting to install love of country into the mix in a time when our country is so split

Except that isn't really what he is doing. He is trying to force these players to NOT protest, which is their right (unless their employer says they can't do this.. which they have not done). It has nothing to do with instilling love. It has to do with stopping players from protesting an actual issue. And instead of trying to "create love" (which I personally think is absolutely hilarious, as I don't think that that is an agenda for Trump in anything he decides), HE is the person driving the wedge.

Where there were protests previous, now there is a divide. Thanks to Trump.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotTheCIA

The angriest the owners will get is as angry enough to PAY them to stand. Do you see the difference?

Give them the option of standing or not participating and stay in the locker room.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

If their contracts don't have such a clause you have to pay them to stand in the locker room.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

in general at some comments I have seen: I see a lot of folks who make mention of the financial status of the NFL players. I have to ask you: do you feel that them being wealthy means they owe something? Are we angry at them protesting something? Their wealth? Their skin color? What, exactly, are people angry about?

Should we have mandatory patriotism instituted in the US? Or should only the wealthy be required to be patriotic? Or is it only when people are on TV they should?

None of this makes sense. It feels so much like people are really unaware as to how much they are being manipulated here.

It's a good thing you asked this, as I think many are manufacturing their own reasons why others are damaged. I'm not a football fan to begin with, but I'll watch it if others are just to pass time and enjoy other people's company. This whole kneeling garbage is irritating, but only because it's political and I'd rather not see it unless I'm looking for it. Just like I don't like when Springsteen voices his liberal ideals. I'd rather just like his songs, than have to hear about what he thinks about the world when he isn't any more in tune with it than I am.

I personally have a respect for the anthem and the flag having served, and I fully get that others may not, that is their right, just as it's mine to respect it. If the players feel that while they are being paid to entertain me is the right time to voice their political opinions, that's fine, but I am not going to watch it. I doubt my attention span would have contributed to the NFL's bottom line much anyway, so no harm, no foul. But I also feel like I have the right to feel like that, and if I choose to discuss it here, I will. That's it. I don't feel like my thoughts should upset anyone, but for some reason, they do. I keep trying to care, but I just can't do it.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

As an eagles fan I have to agree.

as a 49er's fan....I wish our team looked as good as the eagles, I think they will have a good run, Wentz is just getting better, and the defense is stepping up when they have to.....it's about time for you guys to have a great season, sure beats 0-5, AAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!....ok, got that off my chest

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

When a leader does it and says hey look at me it's a pr stunt.

Particularly when they have real work to do.

His work was to make this point. You don't have to like it, and based on your comments, you don't. But you do have to live with it.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

9ers are my default 2 I feels for you.

It's also why I know Kap not getting picked up was more about his lack of control of an offense. Watching him get 3 delay of games a game was hard. He was talented except for the management and scheme.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I think we can all agree that there is a serious divide in America. Is it in the interests of anyone to inflame an already harsh environment? I thought the administration was supposed to be for ALL Americans. Stunts like this are only for a part of the population.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
trump and pense intentionally trigger their base.. if you voted for him doesn't that bother you? i'm bothered for you I suppose.. I think it's awful.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Forcing them? Hyperbole much?

Trump has an opinion. Is he not allowed to have one now?
And I think the majority of folks aren't upset about the protest, just the fact that they are doing it during the national anthem. If they did it during the half time show, I think everyone would be fine with it, except perhaps the coach who needs them to be focused on their job, rather than making sure Kapernick feels loved.

link   
The article states the Cincinnati Bengals are giving back a whopping 4%, yikes, and they openly admit it! Perhaps other teams give back a little more but certainly nowhere near the multi-millions they are given. Nothing Political about this, these are facts, the NFL and it's owners are profiting enourmously from being handed taxpayer money... and right now they are biting the hand that feeds them.

"Press materials distributed by the Bengals declare that the team gives back about $1 million annually to Ohio community groups. Sound generous? That’s about 4 percent of the public subsidy the Bengals receive annually from Ohio taxpayers."a reply to: luthier

link   

WAG THE DOG

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
trump and pense intentionally trigger their base.. if you voted for him doesn't that bother you? i'm bothered for you I suppose.. I think it's awful.

Spoken like a true SJW. Worried for others before you even know if they have an issue.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join