It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd Guess maybe 5 Percent of those who watch the NFL stand for the Anthem. The hypocrisy is HUGE

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

America seems to have a hard time upholding it's own ideals and values on its own already.

Endless wars, insurmountable debt, prisons for profit, corporations and money deciding what's law, etc. All being an antithesis to the liberty and freedom that America claims to uphold.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

What if the National Anthem plays but there is no flag?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: TheScale

Sir! You offend me! It was my understanding that I could make America great simply by the act of purchasing Trump merch made in China.

Don't buy the knock offs purchase the ones made in the USA. Trump put out a warning about it during his campaign. The real hats have a made in America logo.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The main goal of communist agitprop is to destroy tradition. To make that what was once normal to be disgusting. In a nutshell, disrespect is cool and all traditions, no matter what they are - they are abhorrent and to made fun of on a constant basis. The means to the end is total slavery of people that have no idea how to behave. Science dictates that human filth is destroying this planet and keeping those that deserve its energy and resources must destroy those that stand in the way of this humanist "nirvana".

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm not offended by people marching for a cause I have no interest or stake in. Unless it affects me personally or causes harm to anyone I don't care. Hurt feelings are not a reason to cry a river over.
edit on 9/27/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

Oh I stand AND sing as loudly as possible AND cry my eyes out every time I hear that anthem.
Then I end it by yelling "GOD BLESS THE MURICA!"
And any good ol boy like me would NEVER wear a hat indoors ma'am!

Ok I'm kidding - I don't watch TV hardly ever.
I could care less about all this honestly.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'm not offended by people marching for a cause I have no interest or stake in. Unless it affects me personally or causes harm to anyone I don't care. Hurt feelings are not a reason to cry over.

I've always been of the mind that we are all free to offend and free to be offended.

None of us are free to silence anyone else. Be it by coercion, acts of violence, or threats (verbal or non).

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

No. But if the crazies who equate a silent protest during the anthem as treason keep it up, it ain't far off.

But it's not treason and I have heard no one say other wise. They have a right to protest which also is followed by consequences. No one is saying they don't have a right to protest. People are saying they do not support how they are protesting. Yes there are some people who think that if you disrespect the flag they will not give you money. Which is also their right.

So once again, not treasonous, just not a very smart financial or political move by them. They didn't learn anything from last years election obviously.
edit on 27-9-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I agree 100% with you.

See, there's always a silver lining.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Hell, I'm sitting in my recliner with my feet up drinking a brewski during the anthem. Come to think of it, when I'm at a sports bar with friends patrons don't even pay attention to the anthem being played until the games opening kick-off! The only time they stand is when their team fumbles the ball and a few choice words are yelled out.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I just realized I kneeled in front of my TV and with clenched fists shaking in the air, made angry noises during the Superbowl as the Falcons blew their lead.

Even now, with their best-in-the-league record, I don't dare get my hopes up. That plummet from unbridled, giddy joy to bewildering defeat was just about enough to cause me to swear off watching football.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Ok I'm kidding - I don't watch TV hardly ever.
I could care less about all this honestly.

You should care about it because it's really a really important issue and not at all a distraction from other issues.

Why aren't you taking this more seriously?

This might be the single most important things we face as US citizens.

Your apathy indifference and lack of concern is disheartening.

edit on 27-9-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens
This manufactured outrage is so sad, it exposes so much hypocrisy.

The majority of people watch the game on TV. How many of you who are so outraged stand, take off your hat, and put your hand over your heart in your living room when it is played? I'd say a small minority.

If the anthem is not played on TV, are you outraged and feel the need to contact the TV networks? Are you angry when the anthem is not played at a concert or a play? Is your outrage selective like that?

I've been around a lot of football fans, both sides of the political spectrum and in 25 years have never once seen someone stand unless they are at the game. And at the game you'll notice a lot of empty seats as fans use the time to get beer and food and go to the bathroom.

Bars? Never. Even for the Super Bowl - usually people say like "Come ON! Get on with it! This is too taking too long!"

People really do like the war planes that fly over, and they love the Navy parachute guys, I'll say that.

But seriously, have you been doing your civic duty and been standing for the anthem, say when you are out shopping and the game is on tv at best buy? Do you report the employees that keep selling TV's during the Anthem? Why not? SHouldn't they be fired for ignoring it?

Do you stand in your home? If no, you need to look in a mirror and ask why you are such a blatant liar with your feelings. That is unless you never thought about it before, which I would surmise comprises 90% of you or more.

Please answer the real question....how many people attending these games stand up for the anthem and flag ??

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Now I'm suddenly worried that I'm not worried enough.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

That's what the right-wing media has been pushing in a nutshell.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Usually sticks me arse in the air, and tries to fart the tune.

Anthem?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
What will everyone be upset with next week?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: SolAquarius

It's good to get really riled up over this.

It gets the cortisol pumping in the veins which makes you feel alive.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

edit on 27-9-2017 by underwerks because: Format won't work

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
What will everyone be upset with next week?

Next week everyone will be upset about not having something to be upset about.

Then someone will invent something to be upset about and everyone can be happy again that we have something to be upset about.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join