It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd Guess maybe 5 Percent of those who watch the NFL stand for the Anthem. The hypocrisy is HUGE

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens
I'm pretty housebound, due to disabilities. [edit: At home] If I am able to, I always stand. Otherwise, I sit, hand over heart. I don't wear covers/hats.
edit on 2017 9 28 by oldme because: Added for clarity [At home]

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Okay I will play your game. No. I don't stand at home because I don't consider myself to be at the event taking place.

One example I would use is people that work from home versus people that have to go to a place of work. At home your by yourself so you can work in your underwear if you choose. If you go into a public office with nothing but your underwear on you would probably be thrown out because it's not socially acceptable and against the norm.

Same with standing for the anthem. When your with a group of people you generally do the socially acceptable thing if not your frowned upon. Last I checked the majority of people tend to stand and salute the flag at sporting events. Doing otherwise goes against the norm causing issues.

Another point. When your at home watching a court show and the judge says please rise, do you stand up? No you don't but I would be willing to bet that you would stand if you were actually in a courtroom and the judge gave that order.

edit on 28-9-2017 by Searcus73 because: Correct spelling

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Living in a large city, most everyone stood for the national anthem, especially the athletes in professional sports. I have PLENTY other things to do than pay more than a glance at it anymore. So much more productive things to do on Sunday anyways. Took 1 Sunday. and don’t miss it a bit. Got those new huge ceiling wedges hung in my studio, 8 foot sections I rescued from a theater renovation. Thanks protesters! You’ve made me realize what a waste of time you all are. Adios.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: yeahsurexxx
Why would someone stand in their own home?
Its about the public figures, making millions of dollars, disrespecting the national anthem,in public, for everyone to see.

Dafuq man?

Disrespecting the National Anthem by kneeling or locking arms rather than standing with hand over heart (which is being selectively applied) is not against any sort of law, quite the contrary, is protected free speech by the U.S. Constituion.

"for everyone to see."

Everyone?

Why is everyone making it about "making millions of dollars?" Should rich people be prevented from exercising Constituional rights?

As for when people say "the NFL will fail," good. I've never liked how they've remained a tax-exempt status, and how we foot the bill for their stadiums (while their owners profit immensely). But they'll be fine. And that besides the point of their workers being allowed to exercise their Constitutional rights and face criticism in the form of being told they should be fired by their current POTUS.

That's the difference.

No member on ATS is facing backlash and being told by their current POTUS that they should be fired by their employer for exercising their Consitutional rights - especially in a non-violent, peaceful demeanor.

If that WERE the case, you'd be damn right I would be supporting your Constituional rights over the feelings of small men. However unfortunate, it's been proven that many Americans would not do the same for me.

As for the... "why don't you feel the same about Nazi's and white supremacists," if one feels that peacefully protesting for mere minutes, sparked by what's described above, is somehow equatable to a planned rally with hate-filled chants, physical violence, and ultimately the death of a Constituionally protected American and the injury of (I believe, I could be incorrect) thirty other people.... well, the moment NFL players begin to use vehicles to kill a woman and injure thirty others.... I'll be no doubt joining the boycott of the NFL.

However, until that day happens, I do not believe the non-violent, peaceful and Constituionally protected act of protest is as ardent a problem as opposed to white supremacists killing and injuring Americans.

P.S. I do not condone the criminal acts of former or current NFL players.
I do not condone the violent acts/riots/protests of BLM, ANTIFA, and other (what ATS considers to be) "leftist," groups.

Just wanted to get some of the main deflections out of the way beforehand.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Searcus73
Okay I will play your game. No. I don't stand at home because I don't consider myself to be at the event taking place.

One example I would use is people that work from home versus people that have to go to a place of work. At home your by yourself so you can work in your underwear if you choose. If you go into a public office with nothing but your underwear on you would probably be thrown out because it's not socially acceptable and against the norm.

Same with standing for the anthem. When your with a group of people you generally do the socially acceptable thing if not your frowned upon. Last I checked the majority of people tend to stand and salute the flag at sporting events. Doing otherwise goes against the norm causing issues.

Another point. When your at home watching a court show and the judge says please rise, do you stand up? No you don't but I would be willing to bet that you would stand if you were actually in a courtroom and the judge gave that order.

When your with a group of people you generally do the socially acceptable thing if not your frowned upon.

Group-think is a powerful, powerful tool.

Yours, and my, Constituional rights are more important than what's considered the "socially acceptable thing."

And before people equate that to "yelling fire in a theater," there are laws in place for that sort of thing - you can be punished in s court of law for said behavior, it's not a Constitutionally protected right, as is protesting.

The amount of spin I've seen to make Constituionally protected Americans seem "disgraceful, disrespectful, etc etc," is something I never quite thought I would witness in ATS, to be honest.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I dont understand why uneducated lefties try so hard to convince people their feelings about the flag are wrong.
It seems you are all so pampas. only your opinion matters. My god get a life.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

I dont understand why uneducated lefties try so hard to convince people their feelings about the flag are wrong.

Nice.

1. Registered Republican.
2. Uneducated, lefties, pampas, get a life - personal insults, lol.
3. Only my opinion matters? Interesting. That's why I said:

Yours, and my, Constituional rights

"Yours."

Other people's view of the flag is wrong? Where did I say that? Can you cite where I did, if I had said that, I entirely apologize.

People are free to express their opinions, beliefs, views, etc etc

I'm simply making the argument that a Constitutional right is more important than the feeling of being disrespected. Especially when it's done in a non-violent manner.

I've had posters ridicule and distract me to the point I've biting back, I'm not feeding into it anymore. Throw all the personal insults you like, it says more about you than me.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I'm sorry ... "leftists" are all some sort of South American flowering grass?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Pompous*

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Yes..

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: notsure1

Nice.

1. Registered Republican.
2. Uneducated, lefties, pampas, get a life - personal insults, lol.
3. Only my opinion matters? Interesting. That's why I said:

Yours, and my, Constituional rights

"Yours."

Other people's view of the flag is wrong? Where did I say that? Can you cite where I did, if I had said that, I entirely apologize.

People are free to express their opinions, beliefs, views, etc etc

I'm simply making the argument that a Constitutional right is more important than the feeling of being disrespected. Especially when it's done in a non-violent manner.

I've had posters ridicule and distract me to the point I've biting back, I'm not feeding into it anymore. Throw all the personal insults you like, it says more about you than me.

Lol. This is fun.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Yes fold into liberal ways,let them tear down decency,it doesn't apply to you at the moment,the fact people died defending the country,shouldn't matter after all they are dead now,great outlook dude

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: carewemust

Most Networks don't show the National Anthem, unless its the NFL playoffs. They have commercials running.

Does that upset you? When it is on, do you stand in your living room?

DO YOU? I don't.

I appreciate your honesty - no i don't. It's never crossed my mind. So what's your beef with the NFL players not standing?

Well you see the thing is the whole reason the teams all line up in a line and are already standing there while the anthem is sang is to you know stand.. and pay homage... but yet some purposefully kneel in disrespect.

So it's not like being in your living room and it's playing on TV. If you were at the movie theater and the anthem plays for whatever reason in the movie would you expect the audience to all suddenly stand? No, that would be silly.

At the game it is an organized moment in which everyone is expecting the anthem to be played, everyone knows there is about to be a moment in which everyone there (that isn't going to the bathroom or grabbing a beer) , that is paying attention is going to pay respects.

The players kneeling is like family members showing up to dearest grandmas birth day party and refusing to sing happy birthday and instead crossing their arms and turning their back while the rest of the family sang. I'm willing to bet in that situation there would be some squabbling going on over that no?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: xuenchen

Seriously.

So that's a no. That makes three (out of three).

"Seriously" means "No" ?

Since when ?

What "Source" makes you think that ?

I see a different problem all-of-a-sudden.

A very serious problem.

Is that problem YOU being unable to answer a simple yes or no question?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Looks like you missed the point. People at home are not using it to spread visual anti American propaganda. reply to: ColoradoJens

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
You Americans are such curious folk. The only other countries in the world that would play national anthem at every opportunity possible and get so worked up if they felt someone wasnt respecting it are despot tyrant run communist states. Land of the free. Don't make me laugh. I don't think you guys realise how ridiclous your looking at the moment to the rest of world.
edit on 28-9-2017 by disconnected8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Vast majority of them don't stand. They're just out there trying to desperately defend Trump.

S+F.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   
If I posted what the OP has, certain members would be asking me for a link to a certified polling group that had an actual percentage listed for how many people stand for the National Anthem at home.
You venture your own guess, and.... crickets from them.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

What is this?? Is there a question you were gonna ask or just a pointless rant?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Not really... since the OP openly stated it was a "guess" and not a fact.

But nice try... find another way to avoid answering the obvious questions and hypocrisy.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join