It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd Guess maybe 5 Percent of those who watch the NFL stand for the Anthem. The hypocrisy is HUGE

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

originally posted by: Lysergic
What will everyone be upset with next week?

Next week everyone will be upset about not having something to be upset about.

Then someone will invent something to be upset about and everyone can be happy again that we have something to be upset about.

im just happy to see people finally identifying the bs the media spews and complaining about it. thats one step towards leaving this bs in the past and moving on

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Then someone will invent something to be upset about and everyone can be happy again that we have something to be upset about.

In other words the media is producing the fake outrage every week.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
]

Oh Come on. They would never do something like that it the news..........

edit on 27-9-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

The correct terminology is: Domestic-based Terrorist Organization.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The correct terminology is: Domestic-based Terrorist Organization.

Is that what you call Fox News and Brietbart?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: theantediluvian

It is a little dramatic, admittedly.

But while you may bond with others of like mind and words, some prefer to engage in others with like behaviour and conduct. I’ve grown to prefer the latter. Besides, I went through my anti-social phase when I was much younger.

Please don't take this as an insult because it's not intended as such, but the latter sounds a bit like finding comfort in being part of a herd.

You say you went through your "anti-social phase" as though everyone goes through one — which is possibly true of television sitcoms and coming of age movies— but not necessarily true in reality.

When I think back, my feelings about my relationship to society have been pretty consistent.

I have experienced the feeling of being connected to a large group on occasion, most often at concerts or in my younger years, at the handful of protests I attended. But it's a feeling that arises spontaneously, not on demand.

Also, what-the-hell-kinda misanthrope are you?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Your face. Boom.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

But wait, that commercial said high levels of cortisol is bad. Musta been fake news.

EDIT to add:

extra ATS CT points:

Raising cortisol will make us fatter so that we'll get more diseases and big pharma can sell us more drugs. This is a big pharma plot, clearly.

edit on 2017-9-27 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Come on, you guys, Jens is making a very good point here. Your patriotic fervor means zilch if you get selective about honoring it. That's just lip service.

Which highlights the whole kneeling outrage as pointless if the outraged don't practice what they demand in the first place, publicly or not. You folks are essentially saying respecting the flag/anthem comes with a sliding scale of importance as determined by lack of consistent actions, while arguing it's paramount & utterly critical out the other corner of your mouths.

Methinks you're the last folks to be freely throwing stones here.

I don't know if it's that cut and dried, is it?

I served my country- I'm a Navy veteran. I didn't get killed or injured during my service, but there are thousands upon thousands of my shipmates that did.

Those shipmates DIED SO THAT WE COULD CHOOSE TO NOT STAND for the National Anthem at a damn football game.

My personal view is that standing for the anthem is just the right thing to do, to ACKNOWLEDGE those who gave their lives for the freedoms we (used to) enjoy here.

However, I FULLY believe in that right to take that damn knee if you want to!

Ok? So what is the big deal with people being offended by these knees? Huh?

You being upset about people being upset about the kneeling? It's no holier or higher outrage than those who are outraged about the damn knees.

That's the thing- BOTH SIDES have the right to express their opinions on the matter.

This "you're hypocritical if you don't stand for the anthem in your living room" complaint is just ridiculous. It's as if you feel the need to show how much purer, or more mature, or rational, or whatever, that your "side" is. Oh you caught those unreasonable anthem-standers! You caught them out, see?! They don't stand in their houses! Hypocrites!!! See how right I am, anthem hypocrites? I'm so right!

Come on. Let the anthem standers be offended, and let the knee people be offended.

This is getting stupid.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
The golden question?

Who cares!

Stop perpetuating BS

I agree with that. I felt compelled to say something because it is the easiest test - do you stand? Why only at the stadium?

At the stadium It is a public venue we do it there to come together You know United we stand and all.

When at home there is no one to show disrespect too so how is it even relevant.

BTW I stand up in my living room for every national anthem that I am watching.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I don't believe you. And if you do, you're part of the .0001% and you're such an outlier that nothing you say should be taken seriously.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Halloween costumes are offensive

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: waftist

Halloween costumes are offensive

Only if they're any good.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I don't believe you. And if you do, you're part of the .0001% and you're such an outlier that nothing you say should be taken seriously.

I dont care.. But I do. And you are such a cultist no one takes anything you say seriously have you not figured that out yet?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

And you are such a cultist no one takes anything you say seriously have you not figured that out yet?

You win the Irony Award for the day.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I don't care that you don't care nor do I care if you think I should care about whether anyone cares about what I say, which I don't.
edit on 2017-9-27 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

Personally, I don't stand For the anthem via television, and I don't care about the pawns kneeling or staying in locker rooms or standing anymore than I care about the pawns who are outraged over it, which is to say, the same amount as I care about the pawns who are outraged that people are outraged.

Which is to say, not at all... That's how much I give a damn about any of the pawns joining into either side of this circus act (no offense to circus acts.)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

0.0001% lol you like to just pull statistics out of your ass huh. Just like the left if it dont fit we just make shi up.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Why would someone stand in their own home?
Its about the public figures, making millions of dollars, disrespecting the national anthem,in public, for everyone to see.

Dafuq man?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

originally posted by: Tempter
Oh good. Another liberal rant thread trying to make people feel bad about the anthem.

BTW, my kids think I'm weird standing at attention whenever and wherever we are when the anthem is played.

I also raise and lower my flag daily.

But I'm guessing the OP will find something wrong with that, too. They're upset that they picked the wrong side to be on, AGAIN.

So you stand during the anthem in your living room every time the anthem comes on? No last minute finishing of the nachos or hitting the head? Ok, theres one.

Why must you speak of nachos!!! Now I'm hungry!

It's called critical thinking, a skill in very short demand these days. At least in the states. If the strategy is divide and conquer critical thinking skills are a big no no... Odd that our reality tv prez is going after the circus. Maybe the bread is next? Perhaps it's all part of some master plan to cause to further divert people's attention away from whatever the other hand is holding? I hear Trump has many of these master plans and those of us who are critical "just don't understand it" and it's working perfectly.

(DISCLAIMER: I'm no fan of the Clinton's, if I'm a liberal than my liberal brethren surely hate me. Same goes for the flip side. I refuse to be forced into some sort of cookie cutter all or nothing ideology. Just figured I'd put that out there before the ad hominems start rolling in!)

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join