It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Trump allowed to disrespect America?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of some on the Right. Maybe not you, but there were plenty that complained about Obama politicizing events. And now they're cheering on Trump for turning every little innocuous thing in to a political sideshow.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You are mistaken. Many people in the world take Mr. Trump's tweets very seriously.

Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho on Monday said Trump’s belligerent Saturday tweet gives North Korea “every right” to shoot down U.S. aircraft even outside its airspace.

Source

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Krazysh0t

How about Obama just doesn't politicize social issues or current events just because he has an opinion about them? How about Obama attempts to understand the significance of the power his words have over the nation and thinks about what he says before saying it? How about Obama act like a dignified President instead of a school yard bully against white people and non Muslims?

Talk about irrelevant. Last I checked, Obama isn't the President anymore. So his faults are irrelevant to today's discussions. Clearly this is the "whataboutism" that Trump supporters love to use when a discussion is getting too close to making Trump look bad.
edit on 26-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

No, they are not doing their jobs. 3 hours a week they are there to play football so for 165 other hours a week do what you want. They are supposed to be role models not protesters.

Why did the NFL not let players wear a memorial to the fallen officers in Dallas or for 9/11 for that matter? Any comment on that?

You are using this to promote your hate of Trump but you are blinded to how the NFL and the media are playing you.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I'm sure you know that the members of state, local, and federal govts are also a part of a nation's "masses". As are the voters who elect our government representatives. As are the businessmen & businesswomen who don't hire people because of their names (HERE). No matter what a citizen's profession may be, they still usually follow some sports, entertainers, tv shows or movies, etc.

Here's a quick test to get the point across. Can most of you name more than 3 black American preachers, professors, Imams, civil rights attorneys, scientists, or engineers without an internet search? They're certainly out there, and in theory, they're the ones who should be be given the podium to speak on the details of our issues. But the media & our society as a whole give them virtually no attention whatsoever.

Now how many black athletes, comedians, or musicians can most of you name without an internet search? Quite a lot more, right? That's why black American professional athletes, musicians, and comedians are the main ones you see doing these kinds of protests and demonstrations or at least backing them. Because the complacent masses don't give a crap about the vast majority of our church leaders, mosque leaders, charity leaders, professionals, etc. Don't think for a second that we don't notice this.

Case in point:
My Dad = Professor and an Imam w/a doctorate degree.
My Mom = retired teacher w/a doctorate degree.
My sister = current teacher w/a master's degree.
Me = former rap label owner & producer.

Guess which one you're paying attention to right now? LOL My Dad's even written books on this stuff but the complacent masses doesn't give a crap about those either. Now if I do a song about this stuff and my Dad writes an epic kutbah/sermon about the exact same things, which one do you think today's "complacent masses" will pay more attention to? And if some of my "inner city" friends decide to hold an uncomfortable rally at the exact same time that my Dad's giving his epic kutbah/sermon, guess which one the complacent masses will notice?
edit on 26-9-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

So now it is about hand size? Stay on target.

WHY did the NFL threaten players who wanted to commemorate 9/11 but allow this to happen?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

So now it is about hand size? Stay on target.

WHY did the NFL threaten players who wanted to commemorate 9/11 but allow this to happen?

Talk to the President about what he chooses to cry about.

Ask the NFL. What did they "allow" to happen again? Someone silently taking a knee for 1.5 minutes?

/shrug Nothing wrong with that.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

No, they are not doing their jobs. 3 hours a week they are there to play football so for 165 other hours a week do what you want. They are supposed to be role models not protesters.

No. They are doing their jobs. After the anthem finishes. They play football. There is no rule or contractual obligation on the players' part to stand during the anthem. They aren't getting paid to respect the National Anthem. It is just a traditional event that precedes the part of the game they ARE being paid to do. So you are clearly misrepresenting reality here.

Why did the NFL not let players wear a memorial to the fallen officers in Dallas or for 9/11 for that matter? Any comment on that?

Why do I need to comment on why the NFL does or doesn't do anything? I'm not the NFL. They can run their business however they want. Are you advocating the government step in and tell the NFL how to run their business?

You are using this to promote your hate of Trump but you are blinded to how the NFL and the media are playing you.

Step 2. The ad hominem. First it is the "whataboutism" deflection. Next step is to insult the person you are talking to. Way to follow the Trump supporter script to a tee and not shake the boat any with an actual dignified response.
edit on 26-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Not irrelevant. Not true. What I wrote was correct. He had a chance to not divide the country and he did and now we are cleaning it up. There was NOTHING racial in what Trump has tweeted or expressed but somehow it is implied because he is white?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

What would you tell your child if he asked you why they are knelling?

link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
Here's a quick test to get the point across. Can most of you name more than 3 black American preachers, professors, Imams, civil rights attorneys, scientists, or engineers without an internet search? They're certainly out there, and in theory, they're the ones who should be be given the podium to speak on the details of our issues. But the media & our society as a whole give them virtually no attention whatsoever.

And the ones that the media DOES give attention to, Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, have been made into national laughing stocks.

link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Great post....

link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: MrPitts

The big place to look is education. Inner city, predominantly black, schools consistently receive less money than suburban, predominantly white, schools.

Even in my own well off county the schools that are like 90% white get all the funding they need. At the same time the more urban school my mom teaches at where whites are definitely in the minority is always struggling for funding. And this difference in funding is only going to get bigger of Betsy DeVos gets her way.

This is the kind of institutionalized racism these people are protesting against. On the surface the system may not seem racist and yet it really doesn't seem all that different from the "separate equal" days.

School funds is based off the number of students not their race. If a school has a lower number of students they receive less money. This can be a major disadvantage to inner city Schools since they have less students. Bussing can solve this but many people are against that as well. But to say this is some racist policy just shows you want to believe racism exist everywhere. It doesn't 90 percent or better no longer even consider race in a decision.

The hold outs want to believe racism exists because it gives them a crutch to use. They didn't succeed because of their race instead of thier abilities. Racism isn't allowed in any point in life from housing to education to work. Many see what they call racism because of choices they make. For example showing up for an interview instead of wearing a tie they show up in torn jeans. Am employer is all ways going to choose someone well dressed over a slob. But people will play the racist card.

Being a professor and having taught in many schools I can tell you the problem is students often don't strive to be or do anything. In fact school isn't cool so they are harassed if they show any aptitude in achool.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Being correct about events doesn't make your deflection relevant. Obama isn't the President anymore. He can't be #ing up as the President right now. His mistakes are in the past. Trump is making mistakes NOW. Talking about past mistakes only shows your desire to obfuscate the issue at hand.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: UKTruth

I never said that he said the murderous bastard was a fine person. However, there were plenty of people that were at the rally that celebrated him as a hero.

And why is it bad to generalize all the people at the Charlottesville rally but it's fine to call all the players that are protesting SOBs? The simple fact is that Trump took a much more aggressive stance against these players than he did against white supremacists.

Yeah, and none of those people were fine people. Maybe, just maybe (I know it's a stretch), Trump was talking about the people who were legitimately protesting the removal of the statue and not trying to make the whole issue about racial supremacy, and the people on the other side who were legitimately protesting against the KKK and nazi's without resorting to violence. Of the KKK and White supremacist element - and the violent thugs on the other side - he said they have no place in America.. I think that is harsher than calling for NFL players to lose their job.

There are two main reasons that I can see from the fallout of these protests that make this protest an issue.
1) The double standard by the NFL. They have put a stop to players recognising fallen police officers, the dead from 911, and even God, yet they are letting players play politics on this issue
2) The disrespect for the anthem and the flag

edit on 26/9/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

If you go to work and you decide to not go to the morning meeting that is mandatory you think your boss will allow it? If there are rules at your job you do not follow how long will you have it? Sorry, but NFL players can be replaced in a heartbeat. They are paid employees just like you and me and are not held to the higher standard when it comes the work unless their contract states it.

You damn well can comment or answer why is it ok for the NFL to allow one thing and not another. Do you think it is fair? Grow a set and actually answer a question and not deflect when scared to actually make a stand one way or the other.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

If you go to work and you decide to not go to the morning meeting that is mandatory you think your boss will allow it? If there are rules at your job you do not follow how long will you have it? Sorry, but NFL players can be replaced in a heartbeat. They are paid employees just like you and me and are not held to the higher standard when it comes the work unless their contract states it.

Except that the NFL players' bosses are ok with this. Your example here is useless when the bosses are ok with the employees' actions. If I didn't go to my morning meeting and the boss was ok with it, then that would be the same thing that is going on here.

You damn well can comment or answer why is it ok for the NFL to allow one thing and not another. Do you think it is fair? Grow a set and actually answer a question and not deflect when scared to actually make a stand one way or the other.

I have no comment about an issue I didn't help decide. If you care about why the NFL did what it did. Go ask the NFL. I'm not the NFL and therefore not the primary source to answer that question.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

What would you tell your child if he asked you why they are knelling?

"They're choosing to show a different kind of respect to our flag at the same time they're protesting injustice."

Next?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Exactly. I'm 100% convinced that the only 3 reasons Farrakhan was never assassinated back in the 60s are because: 1) he had a hand in Malcolm X's assassination, 2) he allegedly took more than a $1 million gift from the Saudis so he wouldn't preach against their treatment of black people, and 3) because he says so much batcrap crazy stuff that no one with a functioning brain should take him seriously. I respect a lot of the normal members of the MOI, but not their leadership at all (hence why I'm not with them).

Even today's "New Black Panther Party" are frauds. Surviving members of the original BPP have repeatedly denounced them & I personally think they're a whackjob extremist "honeypot" organization. Ok, I'll stop since I don't want to go off topic.
edit on 26-9-2017 by enlightenedservant because: slight typo. hmph

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

He made a mistake by saying players are not patriotic for standing for the National Anthem? That this is even a discussion is a disgrace and the reason other countries laugh at us.

The flag is the symbol if our country. The National Anthem is how it is celebrated. Why is it so hard for the players to give their few minutes to our country. The flag did not shoot a convict attempting to flee. The National Anthem is a sign of patriotism and always has been especially in sports.

This is simply the media cycle of the month. I mean, I guess they have to since there is no Russian angle this month. Pathetic.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join