It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Trump allowed to disrespect America?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
So Trump has attacked athletes who are using their 1st amendment right to protest and his followers have followed suit. What did he have to say about this when Colin Kaepernick did this during the 2016 season?

Trump has attacked military vets, which in essence is disrespecting America.

Fury as Trump mocks Muslim soldier's mother Ghazala Khan

Ghazala Khan stood silently next to her husband as he attacked Mr Trump in an emotional speech to the Democratic National Convention on Thursday. Mr Trump suggested she may not have been allowed to speak. Republicans and Democrats said the Republican candidate's comments were no way to talk of a hero's mother. Mrs Khan said she was upset by his remarks.

Trump slams McCain for being ‘captured’ in Vietnam; other Republicans quickly condemn him

“He’s not a war hero,” Trump said. Sarcastically, Trump quipped, “He’s a war hero because he was captured.” Then, he added, “I like people that weren’t captured.”

Why is no one concerned that has been harder on these athletes than he was on the Charlottesville Nazis or his attack on 1st amendment rights regarding the media and these athletes?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught9966

Propagandism.

Simply put Onslaught9966, people do not react to his lambasting of decent, upstanding people with outrage, because they secretly, in the dirtiest part of their minds, agree with him, and the little jackboot wearing piece of filth that dwells within them, cheers and throws a Roman salute at his every word and deed.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

It's kind of hard to sit back and get lectured about the Freedom of Speech from Progressives who do everything within their power to shut down any form of speech they disagree with........

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

It's kind of hard to talk to people who have arguments with imaginary people that aren't in the discussion.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

You got it backwards. Why is America allowed to disrespect Trump!

Everyone should lurv him like they lurved on no one else before and never question anything he says. ANYTHING. Ever. Otherwise they should get hosed down by an anti-aircraft weapon.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Really tired of the anti-American / anti-free speech rhetoric from left leaning progressives. One one hand I'm glad Trump said what he said, the other hand I wish he said it in a more intelligent way that made more sense.

America - love it (anthem.flag included) or leave it.
edit on 26-9-2017 by MrPitts because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrPitts
...the other hand I wish he said it in a more intelligent way that made more sense.

You mean with an 8th grade vocabulary instead of a 6th?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MrPitts

So you are ok with Trump breaking precedents, disrespecting our history, our military, our judicial system, and on and on; but players kneeling during the anthem and people supporting their decision to do so is just unacceptable to you? Because that is what is being pointed out in the thread.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...the other hand I wish he said it in a more intelligent way that made more sense.

Or use common sense in the general way. Like thinking before he posts half-c*cked comments.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
It's baffling isn't it.

It's so obvious what the Troll In Chief is doing, he even bragged about it last night to conservative fund raisers, pouring gasoline on a fire.

And the way he insists the NFL players are disrespecting the flag and veterans, when they have stated clearly over and over again that they are not disrespecting the flag or veterans, that they respect their nation immensely. But the Troll In Chief keeps repeating like a stuck record his lies. And his contempt for the idiots who believe his lies.

And yet people still believe him. It's just bizarre.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Hey now. Let's not get TOO extreme. 7th grade vocabulary. We wouldn't want to strain his intelligence or anything.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

It's kind of hard to sit back and get lectured about the Freedom of Speech from Progressives who do everything within their power to shut down any form of speech they disagree with........

Never thought people saw Trump as a progressive.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Trump, at best, has always thrived on making a spectacle of himself.

IN his current situation he continues to do the same thing.

However, the difference now is, he's ill. He has a degenerative brain disease that will only get worse.

And as that happens, rather than being a private family matter, the entire nation will be drawn into the sickness with him.

In assisting him to the Presidency, Mr. Putin has achieved a master-stroke.

link   
Your quotes are all old. What difference does it make now?

link   

Or use common sense in the general way. Like thinking before he posts half-c*cked comments.

Do you honestly think he's capable of that? He's got one of the best organizational minds available as his Chief of Staff and yet, despite this person's council, he still inflicts his stream of consciousness Twitter feed on the citizenry.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So you are ok with Trump breaking precedents, disrespecting our history, our military, our judicial system, and on and on; but players kneeling during the anthem and people supporting their decision to do so is just unacceptable to you? Because that is what is being pointed out in the thread.

Not even going to discuss that with you. You have your opinion, I have mine. I really don't care if you don't like it. Tough luck.

I love America as much as you do but the time we should all be coming together to recite the anthem as one people is not the time protest imo. I couldn't careless about what grievances you or anyone has.

Grow up and have respect for a min of your life to do a small part together as one people together instead as a time to show boat your own petty protests.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Hey now. Let's not get TOO extreme. 7th grade vocabulary. We wouldn't want to strain his intelligence or anything.

A Man can pray to the Many Faced God and hope.

link   

I think he summed the reason up perfectly himself.

He has the most loyal supporters , doesn't matter what he says or does the faithful remain faithful.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

And the Presidency isn't a position to soap box your personal grievances with pop culture or society. Man I wish you guys would care about the actual institutions and freedoms the anthem and flag represent as much as you care about those symbols.

The person who needs to grow up is the 71 year old man in the White House.
edit on 26-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Which absolutely everyone, on all sides of the political spectrum, should be very concerned about, not at all comfortable with.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join