It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Trump allowed to disrespect America?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Why is the NFL allowed to disrespect America on National Gold Star Mother's and Family's Day?

The NFL isn't disrespecting America, people who complain about protest or demonstration are.

They think protest should be unlawful. There is no reason to disagree with anything "America" is doing, right?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Why is the NFL allowed to disrespect America on National Gold Star Mother's and Family's Day?

The NFL isn't disrespecting America, people who complain about protest or demonstration are.

You betcha!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: intrptr

You betcha!

Because it has to be on a day or a time we can't just get along for once and put down the pitchforks. Just a way to keep hating each other for our different view points. Got to keep that hate train going.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Are you f***ing kidding me? Trump openly and directly attacked a Gold Star Family during his campaign and his sycophants ran to defend him.

But football players protesting on a day that most people don't even know exists is a travesty?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: AboveBoard
No! It's MINE!

I need it to finish bedazzling my 'struction paper.

Just another greedy 1%er who doesn't want to share.

I like your style...

Hey, my friend Ann says sharing is for losers, and something about a shrugging map, but she's my BFF so NO SHARING...except Ann is always taking my stuff when I'm not looking...

But I can overlook it cause we're besties.

YOU get nothing.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Maybe Trump disrespects Americans because he played the American electorate for the fools they are, appealing to juvenile but romantic notions, and they elected him?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

Hillary would've been a stellar president! Yeah that's the spirit!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught9966
Why is Trump allowed to disrespect America?

Because he's an American citizen and has the right to, just like anyone else.

At the same time, he's not protected from ridicule and backlash over his comments or actions, just like everyone else.

I cannot understand why that's a difficult concept for people to grasp. We can respect the right for people to say and do things with which we disagree, but that doesn't mean that we have to respect the person or the words/actions.

Also, your two examples aren't a disrespect to America, they are two examples of disrespecting individuals.
edit on 26-9-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MrPitts

Wow...

Where did you dredge that up from?

Look, being dead against Trump is NOT the same thing as being hard for Hillary. You do understand that, I assume?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Bill isn't even hard for Hillary.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The point I am trying to make and some of you numbskulls can't get is to stop POLITICIZING everything. POLITICS DONT BELONG IN SPORTS. Yes my caps lock is broken.

Sports like many things are supposed to be a place to get away from the drama of every day life. Even video games are being used as political tools.

I'm just asking can we STOP trying to let these people turn sports into another battleground of political ideologies? PLEASE?!!?!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Simple answer really.
First Amendment to the United States Constitution

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Wow...

Where did you dredge that up from?

Look, being dead against Trump is NOT the same thing as being hard for Hillary. You do understand that, I assume?

Carry the E and the 5 plus pi and divide the two and subtract the 24 and equate the square root of 13.

Yes I get it. I think. I will let you know when I complete the equation.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrPitts
POLITICS DONT BELONG IN SPORTS. Yes my caps lock is broken.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

IOIYAR

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: MrPitts
POLITICS DONT BELONG IN SPORTS. Yes my caps lock is broken.

White Power. Crap. Did I mess that up?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I seriously hope you know what that image is from and why they did it.
edit on 26-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: craterman

but it seems like since trump started tweeting his crap, more players, owners, and probably even NFL representatives have publicly stood in support of the players!!!
the fact is, how much freedom of speech an employer has while on the job is the decision of the employer of the employee.
trump's tweets were just his attempt of bullying those employers to reverse a business decision that they had made. And, I kind of think this isn't the first time he has done this!!!
Regardless of weather you agree with the players protest, disagree with it, or really just don't give a crap one way or the other, we should all be concerned when a president starts using his authority to speak out against businesses and calling for boycotts whenever they make sound business decisions that happen to rub him the wrong way..... like this, or like when a department store chain decides to drop some of his daughter's line of merchandise...
that is an abuse of power, and an impeachable offense in and of itself!!!

by the way, I heard today that "taking a knee" at the grave site of a fallen comrade is how our vets honor their sacrifice for our nation.

and for those who claim that trump also has his freedom of speech.... well WE ARE HIS EMPLOYERS!!! we should be able to control his right to speech to the same extent our employers are able to control ours, which in some cases seem to be quite a bit!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I seriously hope you know what that image is from and why they did it.

Please elaborate. I'm not going to know everything about every single piece of photography and memoir presented before me. Even I think that is foolhardy.

A link works just as well.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

And let's not forget:

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join