It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Trump allowed to disrespect America?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Well he ran a whole campaign on the premise that America is not great.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

You're right. They weren't kneeling. They were terrorizing a college campus, beating people in the streets, and let's not forget the lunatic that ran down people with a car killing a young woman. Those are the people that the President called fine people.

But spend a couple seconds in silent, peaceful, protest and that makes you an un-American SOB.

Don’t protest while the anthem is playing. Pretty simple principle.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Do you really want me to list all the times he has insulted or discredited a US institution? Well here is a particularly good one:
Trump attacks McCain: 'I like people who weren't captured'

Which country is McCain again?

Are you really trying to be that disingenuous where you can't see how suggesting that a POW isn't a national hero, that is an insult to our country? As a veteran I was DEEPLY offended by those remarks and I don't even like McCain all that much.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Well he ran a whole campaign on the premise that America is not great.

The distortions you guys are willing to go is quite astounding.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

You're right. They weren't kneeling. They were terrorizing a college campus, beating people in the streets, and let's not forget the lunatic that ran down people with a car killing a young woman. Those are the people that the President called fine people.

But spend a couple seconds in silent, peaceful, protest and that makes you an un-American SOB.

Why?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Do you really want me to list all the times he has insulted or discredited a US institution? Well here is a particularly good one:
Trump attacks McCain: 'I like people who weren't captured'

Which country is McCain again?

Are you really trying to be that disingenuous where you can't see how suggesting that a POW isn't a national hero, that is an insult to our country? As a veteran I was DEEPLY offended by those remarks and I don't even like McCain all that much.

So you are insulting the country by insulting its president. Its the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard, and it’s still early.

link   

I would think a simpler principle would be don't celebrate murderous terrorists as heroes. But once again the people that do that are fine people according to the President.

link   

Why?

I don’t know, ask Trump.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I would think a simpler principle would be don't celebrate murderous terrorists as heroes. But once again the people that do that are fine people according to the President.

You can believe in or celebrate whom you want, so long as you don’t do so while the anthem is playing.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Taking things out of context to boost an argument you can't finish with facts? Typical....

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Insulting the President is something that goes back to George Washington. Part of being the President is being the public face of the government to take all the # that it receives. It isn't even CLOSE to a similar comparison as insulting a POW. Plus, there is also Trump insulting the Gold Star family as well. The fact you can't see a problem with the shattering of those precedents but care about people kneeling during a silly war song just shows how much you don't understand the issues you are speaking about.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Insulting the President is something that goes back to George Washington. Part of being the President is being the public face of the government to take all the # that it receives. It isn't even CLOSE to a similar comparison as insulting a POW. Plus, there is also Trump insulting the Gold Star family as well. The fact you can't see a problem with the shattering of those precedents but care about people kneeling during a silly war song just shows how much you don't understand the issues you are speaking about.

Those are individuals. I’m not sure which kind of mental blocks are needed in order to pretend disrespecting individuals is disrespecting the country, but I wouldn’t mind hearing about it.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Why?

I don’t know, ask Trump.

How about Trump just doesn't politicize social issues or current events just because he has an opinion about them? How about Trump attempts to understand the significance of the power his words have over the nation and thinks about what he says before saying it? How about Trump act like a dignified President instead of a school yard bully?

All pretty simple principles if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I'd say they are similar mental blocks to the ones required to assume that disrespecting a symbol is disrespecting a country.

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
There is kind of this weird dichotomy that has developed on ATS with the right vs the left where by facts and logic take a back seat to political ideology. It does not matter how "bad" or "wrong" anything Trump or his administration say or do only thing that matters is that it appeals to a alt-right ideology and so long as it does the supporters of the Trump administration and that wider ideology will defend everything he says or does with very little exemption.

Personally as I have said before I think this whole "taking a knee" protest is utter crap, its a silly distraction to the other things going on the world and until Trump tweets something else equally stupid for the left to attack and the right to defend I think this current tread of threads about kneeling will continue. Its like when he said that transgender individuals will no longer be able to serve in the armed forces, we got the usual suspects crawling out of the woodwork to defend it, just like they defended him making fun of PoW's or saying he could grope womens genitals because he is famous.

Most of the people who defend the words of Trump and his administration I believe do it, not because they think what he says is necessarily right but because they have started to see him as some sort of vanguard saviour for the right, he is almost turning into the Messiah of political right. Some might not really agree or have that big of a problem with a football player taking the knee, I am sure they wouldn't have raised a eyebrow at a athlete taking the knee in protest of Obama's drone assassinations for example. Yet because it is Trump who is being attacked they now see this as almost a political war of words between the right and the left, any attack against Trump is a fundamental attack against themselves and their own beliefs in what is now a civil war of political ideology and so the right rally to defend their new Messiah

I've said many times that I see many more "sheep" on this site than I do anywhere else.

Those that think they truly know what's going on in this world seem to be the ones that know very little and happen to fall easily for propaganda.

link   

The President never said murderous terrorists were fine people. Unlike some, he made the intelligent choice not to lump every person in Charlottesville into the basket that the media decided they belonged in. Rather sensibly he said that there were fine people on both sides of the argument, which I would suspect is very true. I guess when groups and identity politics rule ones thinking, it's easy to take words in the context that most suits the required and expedient outrage.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

The whole point in nonviolence resistance theory is to make the complacent masses uncomfortable with the status quo. Otherwise, nothing will change.

Whatever in the world do you think the complacent masses can do about the problem. The government's involved pay no attention to the complacent masses.......and that's prett much why the masses are complacent. A more effective approach would be to make the government's involved unconfortable with the status quo.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Why?

I don’t know, ask Trump.

How about Trump just doesn't politicize social issues or current events just because he has an opinion about them? How about Trump attempts to understand the significance of the power his words have over the nation and thinks about what he says before saying it? How about Trump act like a dignified President instead of a school yard bully?

All pretty simple principles if you ask me.

In other words, “shut up, Mr. President”. No thanks.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Those that think they truly know what's going on in this world seem to be the ones that know very little and happen to fall easily for propaganda.

Quoted for truth.
edit on 26-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Yes. Trump should speak just because he has the right. Let's pretend that tact, morality, and ethics aren't a thing though. Him not speaking is CLEARLY a problem that trumps adhering to tact, morality, and ethics.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join