It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Trump allowed to disrespect America?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught9966
"Why is Trump allowed to disrespect America?"
cause you're high on weed and need to come back to the real world and watch all the ex-fans of the NFL on you tube expressing their "freedom"....

Just go to you tube and look for "nfl fans burn jersey "
edit on 26-9-2017 by manuelram16 because: add

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MrPitts

I only pointed out the context for the picture because I thought you were mocking it from your response. If you weren't, then my bad.

Although I will also say that a lot of the players already are using other platforms to get their concerns heard, including through charity & charitable organizations. Colin Kaepernick was just awarded for his charitable work less than 2 weeks ago. But clearly those other avenues of expression didn't reach as many people as a simple kneeling motion did. And even then, the networks didn't have to broadcast the kneeling motions, much less constantly harp on & on about it to give them nationwide attention.

The whole point in nonviolence resistance theory is to make the complacent masses uncomfortable with the status quo. Otherwise, nothing will change. That's why civil rights movement activists used sit-ins in racially segregated stores, long marches, "taboo" demonstrations & gestures, pickets, etc. Dr MLK even mentioned that in his "Letter From a Birmingham Jail", which I already quoted in a previous thread (HERE, although I just realized that I jacked up the url in that post lol).

So if anything, I'd prefer the players keep doing what they're currently doing (kneeling & giving to charity) than do armed protests like 2nd Amendment rights activists, anti-mosque activists, and the Bundy clan. Then again, I wonder if conservatives would be more supportive if 2nd amendment rights were invoked? Or would they push for gun control laws the way the NRA and Reagan did after the Black Panthers did an armed protest in California in 1967? Hmmm...

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Did you just state that current events are the same as 50 years ago?

No...

This is why people can't take these protests seriously its basically bored white people begging to have a cause and feel important

I can't take people who deliberately misread my posts seriously. I guess we all have problems.

They have a right to protest 100% but seriously get a grip and stop Virtue signaling

I have the right to post my opinion too. So no. I'll do what I want.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

The athletes are Sons of Bitches while the white supremacists are fine people.
That tells you everything you need to know about this bastard.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Americans are being prepped for a couple more unnecessary wars. That's where all this you are not a patriot you are disrespecting America nonsense is coming from.

These next two wars are going to cause the deaths of millions of innocent foreigners.

The government needs you to be super patriotic in order to not question what will amount to genocide.

So start practicing waving your flags now.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

What about trump...you know the actual subject of the thread. Amazing, only the second reply and already it's "try to deflect the issue and change the subject". I should count how many replies do that.

So now about what trump is doing. Not Hillary or the dems or Obama or Soros, or the deep state or even your Aunt Tilly. Just trump who has made ugly comment after ugly comment.
What should we do about it?
Why is he doing it?

There is no doubt that he is a filthy racist.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
He's calling out all the losers, frauds, and libtards. Nothing wrong with getting pissed at the current state of affairs and doing something about it. I dont expect the guys who's spend all day, day after day, on the internet crying for their free healthcare and more illegals and Muslims to understand.
edit on 26-9-2017 by StunPrix because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

The athletes are Sons of Bitches while the white supremacists are fine people.
That tells you everything you need to know about this bastard.

Yeah, if you disrespect the country you feel the heat of its president. Imagine that.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Let's suppose that were the case. Wouldn't it make more sense to unite us before sending us to our deaths in another war? It simply doesn't make sense to keep attacking the American media (who he'd need to help sell his war justifications), his powerful fellow party members (like the Senators who keep rejecting his proposals now), transgender soldiers (who actually wanted to be in the military), the intelligence agencies (whose role in foreign wars should be obvious), etc.

As it stands, I'm guessing that a lot of people wouldn't lift a finger to fight in these hypothetical Trump Wars. Ok, maybe we'd lift a middle finger or 2, but I'm certainly not killing someone for Trump's stupid whims nor for his nuclear pissing contest with North Korea.
edit on 26-9-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

It's kind of hard to sit back and get lectured about the Freedom of Speech from Progressives who do everything within their power to shut down any form of speech they disagree with........

Amen.

The funniest thing is that the whole episode has nothing to do with free speech.
edit on 26/9/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

So people that side with the Confederacy and Nazis, two enemies of the United States, are not disrespecting the country?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

What happens when the President disrespects the country?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Not possible, the President would never do that!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

So people that side with the Confederacy and Nazis, two enemies of the United States, are not disrespecting the country?

If they were kneeling during anthems while making millions a year, there might be a comparison to be had, but there isn't.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

For instance?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I am not imaginary and I'm not in the discussion! Or, maybe I am imagining that.

Anyway, as to the topic of this OP, I really don't care who disrespects who anymore. We're talking about Trump's deplorables disrespecting Clinton's despicables..........what's to respect?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Do you really want me to list all the times he has insulted or discredited a US institution? Well here is a particularly good one:
Trump attacks McCain: 'I like people who weren't captured'

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Do you really want me to list all the times he has insulted or discredited a US institution? Well here is a particularly good one:
Trump attacks McCain: 'I like people who weren't captured'

Which country is McCain again?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

You're right. They weren't kneeling. They were terrorizing a college campus, beating people in the streets, and let's not forget the lunatic that ran down people with a car killing a young woman. Those are the people that the President called fine people.

But spend a couple seconds in silent, peaceful, protest and that makes you an un-American SOB.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

I am not imaginary and I'm not in the discussion! Or, maybe I am imagining that.

You are a "Progressives who do everything within their power to shut down any form of speech they disagree with"?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join